Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

Listening The Folklore album for the first time because I want to check out Evermore too.

I like what I heard but in a ''I would listen these songs in a Starbucks and enjoy them without checking them again'' way. Except ''Hoax'', Ireally like it

It is not diverse enough for me.

Edited by 0707alp
  • paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 38,869

159    Angels Like You by Miley Cyrus    882,886

184    Plastic Hearts by Miley Cyrus    784,839

Interesting how this songs have been so stable

I thought they were gonna crash out of the top 200 as soon as the album release hype died

I hope Miley manages to get another hit (besides MS and Prisoner)

• paws up 1

20 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

I stopped reading after you compared 1989 to teenage dream 

Yeah it's offensive to Katy tbh

I mean as talentless as she may be, at least her bublegum pop classics were fun and not try hard

Taylor can't relate

200.gif

• thanks 1
  • lol 2

50 minutes ago, entela said:

She firstly went the Katy Perry route when she decided to be a pop star, 1989 was basically bubblegum Teenage dream 2.0 but nowhere near as global and without multiple global classics.

Then she went the Del Rey route after Reputation and Lover, to get acclaim since her pop tunes formula didn't work anymore to get hits or Grammys.

Told You So Shrug GIF

Spot on!

200.gif

Pop-a-911-ster 38,869
3 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Why did he comeback with a holiday song like- 

it’s good for longevity I guess but I’m wondering about it’s peak this year and if it will free fall down the charts 

I feel like they were going for a Holiday theme song chart boost but honestly the song is not behaving like a Xmas song. It's falling on the weekend as usual releases do and rising throughout the week unlike Xmas songs that do the opposite.

Also besides the title and the mv it has no Xmas feel to it that would guarantee a lot of longevity- it's not actually a Christmas song so I doubt people in the next year will listen to it to feel Xmas-y ya know? I feel like it'll be a moderate hit and that it'll actually gain chart positions once Xmas songs start to fall out, but I hope they have something better up their sleeve, the song is nice but it's not a banger. Obviously Nas knows his way around charts so and I'm sure that if he's still humble he realizes this.

• paws up 2

Popster to Popster 4,420
13 minutes ago, Laurastreep said:

Yeah it's offensive to Katy tbh

I mean as talentless as she may be, at least her bublegum pop classics were fun and not try hard

Taylor can't relate

200.gif

omg the embarrassment, glad I don't have this taste, I'm much better for it!

also this is like saying Jewels and Drugs is better than Shallow lol 

Edited by WildAmerican
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 38,869
1 minute ago, Delusional said:

No offence but 1989 was iconic and 10x better than Teenage Dream. A solid body of work with 0 skips, gorgeous music videos and AMAZING single choices.

Teenage dream has those things but 1989 was just so much more authentic, revolutionary and unique. 

1989 is pop perfection from beggining to end - the singles were a cultural reset. I used to hate Shake it Off when it came out because I was an edgy teen but then Blank Space came along and I saw the light. 

Teenage Dream is an iconic pop excellence era with splendid singles though!

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 38,838
5 minutes ago, Laurastreep said:

So Taylor Swift "amazing" songwriting consists of using idioms 100 other singers before her already used?

How creative!

What's next, sticks and stones may break my bones?

200.gif

That's not even an idiom :rip:

• thanks 1

• admin changed the title to Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)
  • admin locked this topic
  • Twitter unpinned and unfeatured this topic