Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

Pop-a-911-ster 26,862

Why are you still quoting these clowns ? :rip: I blocked them but if you quote them I saw their clownery :rip:

maybe they should invest in a circus 

Edited by Miaou
  • lol 2

Pop-a-911-ster 38,838

I don't get the need to constantly drag another artist. No artist has a monopoly over creativity, and there is no such thing as the absolute best in the arts. I'm not even fans of Taylor, Dua or Ari but give credit where credit's due. Pop a 911 and enjoy good music, no matter who it may come from.

• paws up 4

Pop-a-911-ster 38,838
3 minutes ago, Miaou said:

Why are you still quoting these clowns ? :rip: I blocked them but if you quote them I saw their clownery :rip:

maybe they should invest in a circus 

:rip:

like Spotify in Dua :ohhh:

Edited by BenG
  • lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 28,092
24 minutes ago, Delusional said:

No offence but 1989 was iconic and 10x better than Teenage Dream. A solid body of work with 0 skips, gorgeous music videos and AMAZING single choices.

Teenage dream has those things but 1989 was just so much more authentic, revolutionary and unique. 

Authentic?

Captain America Laughing GIF by mtv

I like both albums but to say a hypercomercial bubblegum pop record with a drastic change in sound coming from a less comercially viable genre is personal sis...

Edited by Andreu
  • paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 38,869

Evermore with 88 on metacritic now! - matching Folklore's own 88 rating.

Has been on an upward trajectory ever since the first reviews came in - I think it started with 84 or something

Being a Lana copycat sure as paid off :billie:

Edited by zcasx
  • paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Germany 2020 Year-End single chart

#99 Lady Gaga & Ariana Grande - Rain On Me

Chart-run
Debut Date: May 29, 2020
Peak Date: May 29, 2020
Peak Position: #9
Week-by-Week Rundown: 9 - 21 - 29 - 26 - 35 - 37 - 39 - 38 - 41 - 57 - 67 - 72 - 80 - 93 - 95 - // (15 weeks total)
Final Week on Chart: September 4, 2020

• paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 38,838
2 minutes ago, gabrielflorin01 said:

Germany 2020 Year-End single chart

#99 Lady Gaga & Ariana Grande - Rain On Me

Chart-run
Debut Date: May 29, 2020
Peak Date: May 29, 2020
Peak Position: #9
Week-by-Week Rundown: 9 - 21 - 29 - 26 - 35 - 37 - 39 - 38 - 41 - 57 - 67 - 72 - 80 - 93 - 95 - // (15 weeks total)
Final Week on Chart: September 4, 2020

Serving stable first derivative

I apologise for the math joke. I'm in a geek mood today.

Edited by BenG
  • lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,704
12 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Have you listened to evermore yet? I believe you enjoyed folklore :classic_love:

Aww thank you! I actually haven’t listened to it yet! Hoping to do that this weekend!

I did enjoy folklore, really well crafted and well written...it just...didn’t keep me coming back to it. I enjoy songs like Betty, Exile and Mirrorball and others but honestly this year has been so rough (not personally just in herbal for everyone and everything) that it just wasn’t what I wanted to listen to this year.

Im hesitant to listen to evermore right away because I don’t want my feelings right now to influence it (thinkings it’s just a folklore 2.0, which isn’t BAD) I wanna go in with a clear mindset, thanks for checking in :gaga-thanks:

Been enjoying the Megan and Miley albums a lot lately 

• yaas, gaga 1

9 minutes ago, Andreu said:

Authentic?

Captain America Laughing GIF by mtv

I like both albums but to say a hypercomercial bubblegum pop record with a drastic change in sound coming from a less comercially viable genre is personal sis...

Taylor running to Max Martin the moment she decided to go pop and getting Katy rejects out of him.

Antonoff too giving her Lana rejects.

I see a patern here.

Pop-a-911-ster 38,838

I wonder what will The Weeknd's SBHTS boost look like. I feel like his career's been so short. Does he have the catalogue for a good show? Maybe he'll bring guests to fill those gaps.

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 28,092
Just now, BenG said:

I wonder what will The Weeknd's SBHTS boost look like. I feel like his career's been so short. Does he have the catalogue for a good show? Maybe he'll bring guests to fill those gaps.

He released 4 full length studio albums, 3 mixtapes that are as long as an album each as and EP, way more material than most performers have when they perform.

Pop-a-911-ster 27,108
x3
32 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

pretty soon I will have almost everyone on this thread ignored lol 

stream one of the best songs of the year!

well this song is really amazing!

47 minutes ago, Laurastreep said:

So Taylor Swift "amazing" songwriting consists of using idioms 100 other singers before her already used?

How creative!

What's next, sticks and stones may break my bones?

200.gif

She used that on you need to calm down :rip:

I-

• lol 1

• admin changed the title to Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)
  • admin locked this topic
  • Twitter unpinned and unfeatured this topic