Do you believe in basic hygiene or nah?

Gone

Deactivated 14,311
55 minutes ago, Doot said:

Never. 

Only weak people shower. 

If you don't bathe in the ravine down the road then you're not doing it right. 

Ok Witchypoo

• lol 1

The Fame Popster 451
3 hours ago, Joannesrats said:

Are you implying that i’m a degenerate for not having the best hygiene? 

If I wanted to call you a degenerate, I would have. This is the 2nd time you've read a statement about myself to be about you in this thread alone :gaga-scream:

Pop visitors

I typically bathe & do all my personal hygiene every day.

However I suffer from really bad back pain, knee pain, hip pain, etc, so thanks to COVID I can set aside a day where I will just lie in bed all day, since lying down alleviates the pain for me. It's these days that I don't usually shower or do much of anything.

17 hours ago, Bakugo said:

Do you wash? Bathe, brush your teeth daily, wash your hands, clean your clothes weekly and bedding fortnightly-monthly? 

or nah?

i know where u got the idea for this thread from lol :oscar:

but yeah, totally. i change bedsheets many times a month, brush my teeth 2-3 times a day, mouth wash, shower and wash my hair 4 times a week (now that its winter), everyday in the summer. change clothes everyday. wash my hands when visiting the bathroom and when they feel dirty.

so yeah, i believe hygiene is important so we dont die of cholera.

• paws up 1

Deactivated 14,311
33 minutes ago, gagaschickens said:

i know where u got the idea for this thread from lol :oscar:

but yeah, totally. i change bedsheets many times a month, brush my teeth 2-3 times a day, mouth wash, shower and wash my hair 4 times a week (now that its winter), everyday in the summer. change clothes everyday. wash my hands when visiting the bathroom and when they feel dirty.

so yeah, i believe hygiene is important so we dont die of cholera.

It sparked great discussion I think everyone hear learned alot myself included!

• yaas, gaga 1

Kindness Admin 6,892

Coming back and seeing this thread made me lol. But there are a lot of really smart and kind answers in here.

That said, I've tried very hard to be better at washing my sheets and stuff once a month. people say every two weeks, but I can only do so much. Otherwise, I think I shower, wash my hands, etc. too often tbh.

Popstanne 5,076

I am very fastidious about my own hygiene, except I hate changing my sheets (I will do that today). 

However, I understand there are reasons why others can't be, and we shouldn't judge them. I remember when I broke my leg last year how gross I felt because I could only bathe every few days, as it was too cumbersome to get in and out of the tub. It really impacted my mental state. 

• paws up 1

Popster This Way 564
18 hours ago, Joannesrats said:

Well ADHD is a condition that affects your ability to do things, it’s called executive dysfunction. It quite literally does prevent you from doing things you need to do. Also, the reminders and stuff work to a certain extent but they rarely do. It’s a problem for almost ADHD people that they don’t work. And yes, I am aware that it’s important. 

Mental illnesses and conditions can have extreme physical manifestations and they’re different for each person. Someone may have issues taking a shower, some have issues with brushing teeth. Telling someone to use reminders, while attempting to be helpful, can be considered as patronizing or infantilizing someone. Of course we’ve tried reminders, sticky notes, etc. - it’s that our brains legitimately will not allow us to get up and do something. It isn’t as simple as we want it to be. 

I know this can be hard, but then  you need someone in your life to tell you you should do  it even if it´s someone just calling you or comming over to do it...Then tell yourself you are worthy of looking clean and healthy. Medication helps if you have the excess to it! Do a weekly plan and try to keep at it! With stuff you love to do it in it like cooking/eating/sleeping/dancing/listening to music/ face masks/ bathing/showering/ taking deep breath ...I also really recomend a instagramm account who does a daily reminder to do these things for example https://www.instagram.com/femislay/....These are just things that help me out of my depressions ....

Community Leader 2,817
6 hours ago, crazybadb*ch97 said:

I know this can be hard, but then  you need someone in your life to tell you you should do  it even if it´s someone just calling you or comming over to do it...Then tell yourself you are worthy of looking clean and healthy. Medication helps if you have the excess to it! Do a weekly plan and try to keep at it! With stuff you love to do it in it like cooking/eating/sleeping/dancing/listening to music/ face masks/ bathing/showering/ taking deep breath ...I also really recomend a instagramm account who does a daily reminder to do these things for example https://www.instagram.com/femislay/....These are just things that help me out of my depressions ....

Those things don’t help. I’m on meds, people remind me, trust me - I know how to do what is necessary and I know the standard steps to get there, but what people need to understand is that there is a literal wall in people’s brains that prevent them from doing these things. 

• paws up 1