Are There Other Potential Hit Songs On Chromatica?

JJ Monster

The Fame Popster 371
  •  So are there other songs on Chromatica that are Potential Hits? Well obviously 911 did not turn out to be a hit except for the viral Chromatica II transition. It's my top 5 song on the album but I kinda knew it wasn't going to be a hit unless it was promoted right. But I am glad we got an amazing outstanding music video for 911!
  • "Free Woman" sounds like can be a potential hit. Because it's a very radio friendly song and the general public would love it. And I can see it being used for commercials.
  • "Fun Tonight" sounds very radio friendly, but for some reason it feels like a 2015 song? And I feel like it would have to be promoted hard to be a hit. 
  • "Sour Candy" feels like a big potential smash hit especially with an epic music video. And definitely a club song and this song can be used in the movies like Action Thriller even a wild sex scene.
  • "Sine From Above" has potential too and especially in Europe. The elements is fantastic for the radio. 
  • "Babylon" the album version has potential because as we know it sounds similar to "Vogue". People today still loves "Vogue", so this will be perfect. I think the general public would love it and another one that could be used in a commercial. And can we talk about a big serve music video!!! 
  • And I kinda think "Plastic Doll" or "Enigma" has little potential. 
  • Definitely this album deserves to be a visual album because I can see every song on the album with music videos. In fact Chromatica can turn into a movie!!! What's your opinion? 
  • paws up 3

Pop-a-911-ster 20,782

She needs to milk Sour Candy, it’s the only song that could smash. Some other songs could be cute small hits if she decided to promote them 

• thanks 3
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 3,689
8 minutes ago, LG7 said:

Definitely Alice but it needs 2nd verse for pity sake. Why she didn't write one i don't know.

And a bridge :billie: but agree that Alice would do great as a single. 

The Popster 64
1 minute ago, NYNJ Gypsy said:

And a bridge :billie: but agree that Alice would do great as a single. 

The bridge is the autotuned part isn't it? Then it goes back into 'my name isn't alice...'

Popster to Popster 3,689
10 minutes ago, LG7 said:

The bridge is the autotuned part isn't it? Then it goes back into 'my name isn't alice...'

Hmm not sure what you mean by auto tuned part but I always thought of it like this: https://www.google.com/amp/s/genius.com/amp/Lady-gaga-alice-lyrics

Popster to Popster 3,689
3 minutes ago, LG7 said:

In that case, she shouldn't have autotuned the 2nd verse. But autotuned the new bridge. Oh well :sweat:

Yeah it’s tricky to interpret but the song is still a bop!

ARTPOPster 2,173
47 minutes ago, LG7 said:

It’s edited with Melodyne, like how all of 911’s vocals and some of Sour Candy’s hooks were made :)

The album contained some minor hits, but no global smash sans Rain On Me.

• Alice would do good as a lead, but I'm not sure if it would be a good post-album single.
  • Free Woman would do good in some countries, like Australia and some European countries. I'd go with the UK, Belgium, Italy, Switzerland and maybe even France.
  • Fun Tonight wouldn't be a hit.
  • Plastic Doll would kill her career.
  • Sour Candy would have good video and Spotify streams, but radio wouldn't touch it.
  • Enigma would be a minor hit in Eastern Europe.
  • Replay could be a surprise hit.
  • Sine From Above wouldn't be a hit. The fact that the commercial does barely nothing says enough.
  • 1000 Doves could be an AC hit, ala Pink's Walk Me Home.
  • Babylon would be a club hit but a flop elsewhere.

The way I don’t agree with none of the songs mentioned in the op except for Babylon :mess: I can’t stand Sour Candy and I just don’t get the hype, it’d be an average hit and mostly due to the massive base of kpop stans flooding and spamming it everywhere and making it annoying, and ending up as another forgettable track no one would remember three months later.

But anyway... Alice, Replay and maybe 1000 Doves could work.

• paws up 1