Gucci discussion: predictions, hopes, & dreams

GitHub

Popster to Popster 3,752

I was already excited when I found out Adam Driver was playing Maurizio and now that Camille Cottin has also been announced, I'm even more invested.

Since filming is allegedly starting soon (March 10th-ish), any predictions or hopes for the movie? Has anyone actually read the source material beyond the Google books preview???

My main hope at this point is that the release doesn't get pushed back :bradley:

• paws up 3
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 3,752
4 minutes ago, Modern Ecstasy2 said:

My hope right now is that we will be able to watch it in theatres. I don’t really know what the future of movie theatres looks like - I hope they survive though.

I think my local theater is already open (with restrictions). I don't know how they are faring at all because I would go and there would be < 10 people in a screening even before the pandemic. So many small/independently run theaters were already struggling :sad:

But the theaters still not being fully functional by then is my main worry for a delay. I think Universal is the distributor for this (?), so idk if this movie would be too big for them to do a video-on-demand deal or not. Honestly I don't know enough about the industry lol

Pop visitors
17 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

get your vaccines so we can see this in theaters y'all :gaga-thanks:

exactly cant wait to see the madonna biopic and the gucci movie ugh

Popster to Popster 3,752
18 hours ago, Doot said:

My hope is that she slays in the movie, but that it's the last role that she takes that is for all intents and purposes....herself. 

I low-key think she'd be awesome playing close to type in a Wes Anderson though

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 3,889

I am really looking forward to it, but trying not to get my hopes up the same as I did with ASIB. Regardless, it's got a stellar cast, great director and the backdrop will be stunning. We can only hope for the best :bradley:  I can't see how I wouldn't enjoy it.

• paws up 3

Popster to Popster 3,752
6 minutes ago, lavenderblondee said:

I am really looking forward to it, but trying not to get my hopes up the same as I did with ASIB. Regardless, it's got a stellar cast, great director and the backdrop will be stunning. We can only hope for the best :bradley:  I can't see how I wouldn't enjoy it.

Honestly so much of my expectations for this movie solely are based on the cast :mess: Even if nothing else, I'll be happy just to see how they play off of each other

Popster to Popster 3,689

I loved Gaga's role in AHS: Hotel so I can't wait to see her portray a real-life "fashion villain"

Coming off of the success of ASIB, the stakes are higher and people will be more critical, but at the same time I'm really excited for more of the GP to be exposed to Gaga's acting abilities and for her to prove that she can portray more than just a musician/singer role. I feel like she accomplished this in AHS: Hotel alongside a star-studded cast, but the audience was limited. Now she has the platform and the supporting A-list cast and an accomplished director.

The atmosphere around Gucci - the stakes, anticipation, and excitement - feels very similar to the one experienced between the TFM and BTW eras, but this time for her acting career. And while I will always value Gaga's music career more, I'm here for it, and am glad to see her childhood dream come true.

• paws up 3
  • yaas, gaga 2

Popster to Popster 3,752

@NYNJ Nights totally agree with seeing her acting career develop! it's also interesting seeing her play not only a non-musician, but a real person, and one who is still living at that.

13 minutes ago, GagaSine said:

Is she gonna be doing a phoney Italian accent? I’m kind of scared tbh 

yeah... had this thought too. For a brief deluded moment I tried to reassure myself by thinking maybe they'll just "The Little Hours" it and keep their American accents :icant:

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,689
10 minutes ago, GitHub said:

@NYNJ Nights totally agree with seeing her acting career develop! it's also interesting seeing her play not only a non-musician, but a real person, and one who is still living at that.

On that last point, I read that the family isn't too thrilled about the movie being made which just adds to the suspense  :shakes:

Popster to Popster 3,689
On 2/17/2021 at 7:08 PM, GitHub said:

I think my local theater is already open (with restrictions). I don't know how they are faring at all because I would go and there would be < 10 people in a screening even before the pandemic. So many small/independently run theaters were already struggling :sad:

But the theaters still not being fully functional by then is my main worry for a delay. I think Universal is the distributor for this (?), so idk if this movie would be too big for them to do a video-on-demand deal or not. Honestly I don't know enough about the industry lol

I also fear that the release will be delayed. MGM/Universal chose it because of its theatrical potential. And MGM pushed back No Time to Die to November as well, and only a few days after the planned Gucci release, which means the two movies could be in competition? Or maybe the more the better to get people to go to the theaters? I don't really get the industry either lol

• paws up 1