8 killed in metro Atlanta asian massage spa shooting spree

blastertoyo

ARTPOPster 1,319

A 21-year-old man from Woodstock, who was captured in South Georgia on Tuesday night, is the suspect in three metro Atlanta massage parlor shootings that left eight people dead, authorities said.

Robert Aaron Long was first identified as the suspect in the shooting at Young’s Asian Massage Parlor in Cherokee County that left four people dead and one person injured, according to the sheriff’s office. He is also a suspect in two more shootings at similar businesses in northeast Atlanta that resulted in four more deaths, according to a sheriff’s office spokesman.

Six of the eight victims were Asian women, authorities said.

https://www.ajc.com/news/breaking-multiple-shootings-shut-down-busy-woodstock-highway/OLE23RVIO5BE3ELWBZAA6GVSSA/

Edited by blastertoyo
  • shook 1
  • sad 13

• blastertoyo changed the title to 8 killed in metro Atlanta asian massage spa shooting spree
ARTPOPster 2,470

it still shocks me how hateful and evil people are and what lengths people will go to, to hurt people. i'm praying for the victims families 

Popstanne 5,076

This anti-Asian violence needs to stop. I hate how racists feel emboldened by Trump. To be clear, ALL racist and hate crimes need to stop, but anti-Asian violence has been on the rise and hasn't been as widely reported by the media as it should be. People need to be speaking out & taking action. 

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1

Kindness Admin 6,892

It's so reprehensible. The fact that over 70 million people voted for a man who endorsed this type of behavior. We cannot ignore words, micro-aggressions, actions or policy when it comes to hate. Violence like this is created when a society embraces and openly endorses such hate. I am just so sad.

• thanks 1

Popster to Popster 4,420

the fact that the previous President of the US spent last year calling COVID the C**na Virus certainly created a space for horrible sh!t like this to happen. I also can't believe that the Atlanta police said that "he had a bad day" that just shows how societally and culturally  engrained white supremacy is here in the US. A similar thing happens when white men shoot up schools, they always focus on how he was "troubled" or "bullied" and never the fact that he just murdered innocent people. 

I just hope that this kind of thing shines a spotlight on the discrimination that the AAPI community has experienced and that we as a country can start to improve on our systemic issues. 

Edited by WildAmerican

ARTPOPster 1,319
1 hour ago, WildAmerican said:

A similar thing happens when white men shoot up schools, they always focus on how he was "troubled" or "bullied" and never the fact that he just murdered innocent people. 

spacer.png

• thanks 1