Have You Been Vaccinated Yet? Part 2

WildAmerican

Have You Been Vaccinated Yet?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Vaccine Yet?

• Yes
    • No

Popster to Popster 4,420

Hi all! Around a month ago, I made a thread about if people had been vaccinated yet. I wanted to do a 1 month later check in to see how many pop-stars have gotten their COVID vaccine! :romance:

I got my first shot of Pfizer today so I thought it'd be a good time to make it!:zoom:

In the first thread one month ago, 77.5% of respondents hadn't been and 22.5% had been.

So, have you gotten your shot yet? 

Spoiler

If you've just had one shot like me, go ahead and vote yes bc we assume you'll be going back in a few weeks for the 2nd.

Edited by WildAmerican
  • paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 3

Popster to Popster 3,889

Not yet and I'm getting slightly annoyed lmao. I have friends who signed up at the same place before me who have gotten it. I am now the only friend in the group who has not :dead: There have been walk in's available but I can't just leave work randomly with no notice, so I'm just hopeful that one of these days I'll get online early enough for a same day appointment, or just keep waiting for them to give me a call. 

• hugs 4

The Fame Popster 428

Yes! I got my first shot (Pfizer as well) on April 3rd. 

Here in Canada they are spacing out the 2nd doses (because we have a shortage and they want more people to at least get the 1st shot), so my second dose appointment isn't until July 24th. Still, I'm super happy to at least have the process started

• paws up 4

Popster to Popster 3,752
6 minutes ago, NYNJ Nights said:

Getting my first Pfizer shot on Friday!  So yes?

same! getting my first dose on Friday but I don't know which one it will be

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1
  • love 1

Popster to Popster 3,689
2 minutes ago, GitHub said:

same! getting my first dose on Friday but I don't know which one it will be

Well at least you know it won’t be J&J!

Luckily I was able to see which vaccine when scheduling an appointment over the weekend and decided that the extra travel time to get Pfizer was worth it over getting J&J at a closer location (I was already having doubts after the first Q/A snafu) so dodged a bullet there 

• paws up 1
  • love 1

Popster to Popster 3,752
10 minutes ago, NYNJ Nights said:

Well at least you know it won’t be J&J!

Luckily I was able to see which vaccine when scheduling an appointment over the weekend and decided that the extra travel time to get Pfizer was worth it over getting J&J at a closer location (I was already having doubts after the first Q/A snafu) so dodged a bullet there 

true! my sister just got J&J though and she had a severe blood clot that almost killed her last year :scared:

Glad that you went with Pfizer! I'm getting mine through work and they sent us this long e-mail that basically amounted to "don't even bother asking which one, you'll get what you're given" :mess:

• hugs 3

Popster to Popster 3,689
4 minutes ago, GitHub said:

true! my sister just got J&J though and she had a severe blood clot that almost killed her last year :scared:

Glad that you went with Pfizer! I'm getting mine through work and they sent us this long e-mail that basically amounted to "don't even bother asking which one, you'll get what you're given" :mess:

Yikes that must have been scary! Glad your sister is okay though. 

Hopefully your employer will also pay for your time if you need to travel?

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,752
5 minutes ago, NYNJ Nights said:

Yikes that must have been scary! Glad your sister is okay though. 

Hopefully your employer will also pay for your time if you need to travel?

Thanks! And yeah I'm an exempt worker anyway, so thankfully they are pretty flexible with that.

• paws up 1

Popstanne 6,426

No and it'll probably take a while since they stopped vaccinating people under 60 with Astrazeneca and they're putting J&J on hold too for now

Vaccination in September here we come

• hugs 2

Popstanne 5,076

I got my first Pfizer on Easter Sunday, and I'll get my second dose on April 25. A friend of mine had a severe reaction to her second Pfizer shot and ended up in the hospital, but she's okay. (She had a terrible migraine and nausea, but what sent her to the ER was her heart rate; they gave her morphine and an IV-drip and kept her until her heart rate went back to normal.) I'm planning that I won't get anything done from April 25–28th just in case. 

Edited by Franch Toast
  • hugs 5

ARTPOPster 2,450
4 minutes ago, Franch Toast said:

I got my first Pfizer on Easter Sunday, and I'll get my second dose on April 25. A friend of mine had a severe reaction to her second Pfizer shot and ended up in the hospital, but she's okay. (She had a terrible migraine and nausea, but what sent her to the ER was her heart rate; they gave her morphines and an IV-drip and kept her until her heart rate went back to normal.) I'm planning that I won't get anything done from April 25–28th just in case. 

This scares me for the second dose :bradley: the first was rough