The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

A Popster Is Born 11,883
On 5/29/2023 at 9:41 PM, ProdigyARTPOP said:

It’s crazy because I listen to at least one album from Gaga a day or the equivalent amount in random songs, we poke fun at streaming numbers and drops from Ga and other artists yet I see alot of people mention how they never stream a song or haven’t heard an album for X amount of months. (This isn’t me calling anyone out; merely an observation on our fanbase) compared to other ones. 

I just never get tired of her music,

I’ll randomly find interviews and performances to fall in love with all over again because the woman is genius.

Every base has it's own 'culture'. So for example, people might have way more followers, but less likely to buy what they're launching.
I'd guess Gaga's base trend might be good at buying phyiscal merch and liking her interactions, but not streaming music :billie: 

On 5/30/2023 at 1:48 PM, Imtired1616 said:

Well..... :katy:

this is controversial but i'm glad redone isn't happening. I just feel like it would be too much pressure, fans would get too offended when it flopped instead of just enjoying it, they'd say it's 'dated'.
I only ever see katykats saying their fave should work with a producer from decades ago just solely cause of the success. Moving forward is the key - unless its a one off cute thing.

• paws up 3

Pop-a-911-ster 38,955
On 5/30/2023 at 2:38 PM, FRANZGA said:

is there any chance you mistook YOUNGBLOOD Album for YUNGBLUD Artist? :katy:

I did :icant:

haven't heard YOUNGBLOOD but I'm glad we cleared this out because the other one is well... a mess 

• lol 1

A Popster Is Born 14,832
On 5/30/2023 at 9:41 PM, ClownOreos said:

I did :icant:

haven't heard YOUNGBLOOD but I'm glad we cleared this out because the other one is well... a mess 

the album that massacred "THE CARTERS"

remember the infamous "Top2 but I'm not no.2" only for their album to be no.2 behind this amazing album :icant:

• lol 1

On 5/30/2023 at 3:39 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Every base has it's own 'culture'. So for example, people might have way more followers, but less likely to buy what they're launching.
I'd guess Gaga's base trend might be good at buying phyiscal merch and liking her interactions, but not streaming music :billie: 

this is controversial but i'm glad redone isn't happening. I just feel like it would be too much pressure, fans would get too offended when it flopped instead of just enjoying it, they'd say it's 'dated'.
I only ever see katykats saying their fave should work with a producer from decades ago just solely cause of the success. Moving forward is the key - unless its a one off cute thing.

I feel like she already moved on from Garibay, RedOne and DJWS (Mark Ronson in a kind of way imo as she could have easily worked with him on anything else after Joanne, aside co-writing Shallow) Not meaning it in a bad way, I'm sure she loved making those records with them. 

BURNS on lead producing next album would be nice though, feel like they could make something great together and push the collaboration even further.

Edited by monketsharona
  • love 1

A Popster Is Born 11,883
On 5/30/2023 at 2:51 PM, monketsharona said:

I feel like she already moved on from Garibay, RedOne and DJWS (Mark Ronson in a kind of way imo as she could have easily worked with him on anything else after Joanne, aside co-writing Shallow) Not meaning it in a bad way, I'm sure she loved making those records with them. 

BURNS on lead producing next album would be nice though, feel like they could make something great together and push the collaboration even further.

yeah - for me its not so much being aredone hater or w.e. its just i love the moving on process. Mark is an interesting one he;s very diverse and is slightly 'timeless' as producer.

with burns that would be good - just for the fact she is following a pattern progression so keeping it movng. with BURNS i think more risks deeper lyrics need to come 

Spoiler

This is my conspriacy theroy but i feel like bloodpop work was deliverately extremely safe and accessiblee (not bad per se, it was more meant to sell off her commercial position but it got botched when the world totally changed in 2020 :bigbird:

On 5/30/2023 at 5:35 PM, emig_09 said:

Spotify Global

#33 -10 Hits Different :stable:
#37 +1 Dula Peep for Barbie :ohhh:

#54 -8 SBTB (Long) :bebe:
#65 -12 Karma w/ Ice :laughga:

Back to plunging. She was lucky to secure another smash hit with Anti-Hero because she's probably not getting another hit in a long time.  

A Popster Is Born 14,832

A distant relative of mine and younger sibling of my college classmate graduated with the highest honor "SUMMA CUM LAUDE" and in his speech he quoted Ava Max :whatga:

Something about taking your time, you will bloom and you will be glorious or something like that...

Impact? 

• yaas, gaga 1

ARTPOPster 1,634
On 5/30/2023 at 11:20 AM, FRANZGA said:

A distant relative of mine and younger sibling of my college classmate graduated with the highest honor "SUMMA CUM LAUDE" and in his speech he quoted Ava Max :whatga:

Something about taking your time, you will bloom and you will be glorious or something like that...

Impact? 

I always read Summa Cum Laude as Some Cum Loud

• lol 1

A Popster Is Born 10,262

These random "insiders" create literally 0 hype for me. Gaga is probably relaxing at home eating chicken while fans think she is in the studio doing the finishing touches to a dark pop edm album :icant:

• lol 9

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 5/30/2023 at 6:28 PM, Doncho said:

These random "insiders" create literally 0 hype for me. Gaga is probably relaxing at home eating chicken while fans think she is in the studio doing the finishing touches to a dark pop edm album :icant:

I also don't care for those random insiders but It's also kind of delusional to think she did nothing untill now for her album aswell, when she made Chromatica, she was working on it since like 2018 

• paws up 2

Popster to Popster 4,833

Gaga has enough time to work on LG7, I can see it being released in the first half of 2024 (imo those random accounts has no idea when she has sessions, they just like to say stuff for likes/rts)