HOUSE OF GUCCI - Official Thread: LONDON PREMIERE/FIRST REACTIONS

MANiCURE1295

Popster to Popster 3,752
On 11/5/2021 at 4:12 AM, GucciOreos said:

so what did you think? 

Hide contents

you can post on spoiler

disclaimer that this was a version from April 2019 so some things may be different
I did recognize most if not all of the dialogue from the trailers as well as many of the scenes that we saw being filmed. However, there are definitely clips from additional scenes I didn't see so it will be interesting to compare. Big spoiler on "I'm fair vs. I am fair below" :icant:

Spoiler

"I don’t consider myself a supremely ethical person, but I am fair."

anyway my actual thoughts

Spoiler

As a script, it was 134 pages which is on the longer side but given how much time the script spans things still felt kind of rushed? I can imagine that might translate better on screen.  I personally did not like how Patrizia's voice over read and felt it was way too much telling over showing. I'll just say it was not used sparingly and I hope it was reduced or at least plays differently in the actual film.
I have read some amazing screenplays that are works of art and bring the characters to life on their own. Overall this wasn't really that kind of script for me, but I think it's one the acting could potentially elevate to make it a very enjoyable film. I'm 50/50 on whether I will be impressed by the final product, but I suspect the performances will be the more interesting element of the movie.
On another note, I did predict correctly that they only portray her having one daughter :billiecat:

Edited by GitHub
  • paws up 1

• MANiCURE1295 changed the title to HOUSE OF GUCCI - Official Thread: LONDON PREMIERE/FIRST REACTIONS
Popster to Popster 3,792
On 11/10/2021 at 12:23 AM, MANiCURE1295 said:

I GOT MORE

IT'S COMING!!!!! 🔥🔥🔥

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,752

Lady Gaga and Ridley Scott on ‘House of Gucci’: When Beauty Turns Ugly

merlin_197608824_107273aa-4ec9-44a9-b029-80a2a246c13b-superJumbo.jpg?quality=75&auto=webpmerlin_197608803_266b169b-b874-49f0-b591-7efa30f9770b-superJumbo.jpg?quality=75&auto=webp

"Gaga, how did you come up with Patrizia’s body language? In the way she saunters and the way she dances, she seems to have a much lower center of gravity than you do.

GAGA In some techniques of acting, they call it “using the animal.” I used three different animals for Patrizia. I began as a house cat, which has this kind of alluring quality but also can be a bit aloof, and I used that with her physicality. Then she transforms when she sees Aldo embrace Maurizio. She thinks to herself, “Maybe I can convince Maurizio to become closer with the family, be part of the family business.” In that scene, I made the choice to transform from a cat into a fox."

Full article: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/11/movies/lady-gaga-ridley-scott-house-of-gucci.html

• thanks 1

Popster to Popster 3,752
On 11/11/2021 at 11:15 PM, nynj nights said:

Two more 

hoping someone can delete Jared Leto from all of these like they did Mel B in that one episode of Big Fat Quiz :ohyes:

• lol 2

The Fame Popster 401
On 11/11/2021 at 2:47 PM, GitHub said:

Lady Gaga and Ridley Scott on ‘House of Gucci’: When Beauty Turns Ugly

merlin_197608824_107273aa-4ec9-44a9-b029-80a2a246c13b-superJumbo.jpg?quality=75&auto=webpmerlin_197608803_266b169b-b874-49f0-b591-7efa30f9770b-superJumbo.jpg?quality=75&auto=webp

"Gaga, how did you come up with Patrizia’s body language? In the way she saunters and the way she dances, she seems to have a much lower center of gravity than you do.

GAGA In some techniques of acting, they call it “using the animal.” I used three different animals for Patrizia. I began as a house cat, which has this kind of alluring quality but also can be a bit aloof, and I used that with her physicality. Then she transforms when she sees Aldo embrace Maurizio. She thinks to herself, “Maybe I can convince Maurizio to become closer with the family, be part of the family business.” In that scene, I made the choice to transform from a cat into a fox."

Full article: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/11/movies/lady-gaga-ridley-scott-house-of-gucci.html

Kyle the GOAT 

Love what she says about the illusion of female power, thought it is quite telling that her later responses centered around how grateful she is that her male director made her feel empowered. Goes to show women are always at the whim of men.

• paws up 1