HOUSE OF GUCCI - Official Thread: LONDON PREMIERE/FIRST REACTIONS

MANiCURE1295

Popster to Popster 3,752

Finally found some info on the script. It's just a random poster on Reddit who says they are in the industry and probably read an early version, so take it with a huge grain of salt.

"lots of people have read the 2020 draft because it's been floating around screenwriting circles -- myself included -- it is front to cam, breaking the fourth wall narration. Wolf of Wall Street style. (and I personally hate it, hate the script, and I'm praying it changes)"

"Patrizia just adds commentary/narration but you can absolutely tell she's biased in those moments. It is definitely very very very clear that she is in the wrong (especially with the forged will stuff) and difficult to be sympathetic toward her! He [Maurizio] looks very good in it IMO."

"I mean it pretty much is about Maurizio with Patrizia's commentary -- he doesn't die until like page 130 of a 135 page script in the 2020 version. But the dialogue is incredibly clunky (think Patrizia screaming "it's just a phase? okay. a phase" in all caps when someone mentions their divorce like a goth teen) and it's way too long for what it is."

"my friend who gave it [Roberto Bentivegna version] to me said it reads like someone's screenwriting 101 script which it absolutely does"

Full thread:

and apparently the script leaked on /r/screenwriting at some point

Spoiler

which I have tried to find several times prior to this :awkney:

• shook 2
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 38,547
27 minutes ago, GitHub said:

Finally found some info on the script. It's just a random poster on Reddit who says they are in the industry and probably read an early version, so take it with a huge grain of salt.

"lots of people have read the 2020 draft because it's been floating around screenwriting circles -- myself included -- it is front to cam, breaking the fourth wall narration. Wolf of Wall Street style. (and I personally hate it, hate the script, and I'm praying it changes)"

"Patrizia just adds commentary/narration but you can absolutely tell she's biased in those moments. It is definitely very very very clear that she is in the wrong (especially with the forged will stuff) and difficult to be sympathetic toward her! He [Maurizio] looks very good in it IMO."

"I mean it pretty much is about Maurizio with Patrizia's commentary -- he doesn't die until like page 130 of a 135 page script in the 2020 version. But the dialogue is incredibly clunky (think Patrizia screaming "it's just a phase? okay. a phase" in all caps when someone mentions their divorce like a goth teen) and it's way too long for what it is."

"my friend who gave it [Roberto Bentivegna version] to me said it reads like someone's screenwriting 101 script which it absolutely does"

Full thread:

Reveal hidden contents

this scares me a lot ngl

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,752
6 minutes ago, ChromaticaOreos said:

this scares me a lot ngl

Spoiler

if I am completely honest this doesn't seem like a movie I'd have any interest in seeing other than for the cast
:toofunny: but anyways

It's also possible it has changed some since then and imo Adam seems to have a pretty good track record for picking scripts, at least on high profile projects, so I'm still going to wait for the trailer to make any judgement.

I do really want to read the screenplay though :bradley:

• paws up 2

The Fame Popster 428
3 hours ago, GitHub said:

Full thread:

Reveal hidden contents

Oh nooo. I read the book and found it surprisingly compelling -- I had been worried it would be pretty dry, with so much focus on the history of the business and the legal wranglings, but everyone is such a character I found it quite engaging. 

It reminded me so much of the show Succession and I was really hoping they would go with a similar tone. I really hope this redditor has bad taste, or the script is different... would be such a waste :bradley:

• paws up 1

The Fame Popster 401
On 4/30/2021 at 6:45 AM, GitHub said:

Full thread:

Reveal hidden contents

I hope it's like Gone Girl where you have an unreliable narrator crafting this story for the audience but then the spell breaks and everything falls apart. It might not be so much as her breaking the fourth wall records scratch, freeze frame  'I am going to kill this man' style but her speaking in a manner that breaks the fourth wall ala Amy's journal voiceover. 

I already know people are going to hate her dialogue but Patrizia is a delusional, histrionic person with INSANE pull quotes + they might incorporate some Italian grammar. The dialogue will be clunky, weird af, very meme-able. 

Edited by blue
  • paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,752

someone on stan twitter screenshotted my post about the script and now it's a rumor thread on GGD :icant: I'm so proud :icant:

• lol 6
  • yaas, gaga 1

The Fame Popster 428
2 hours ago, GitHub said:

someone on stan twitter screenshotted my post about the script and now it's a rumor thread on GGD :icant: I'm so proud :icant:

You're an insider now, congrats!! :oscar:

• yaas, gaga 3

Popstanne 5,076

They have to steal info from this site because Krill put a moratorium on discussing Gucci spoilers over there. 

• lol 4

• MANiCURE1295 changed the title to HOUSE OF GUCCI - Official Thread: LONDON PREMIERE/FIRST REACTIONS
  • Dirkje pinned this topic
  • Dirkje featured this topic
  • corvus albus unpinned this topic