HOUSE OF GUCCI - Official Thread: LONDON PREMIERE/FIRST REACTIONS

MANiCURE1295

Popstanne 5,076
6 minutes ago, LaLa said:

I'm against wearing fur of course, but part of me does wish I lived a life where I could pull off this coat :ohyes: 

EyZPEMlWYAMAzM2?format=jpg&name=largeEyZPCK3WEAsI6nM?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

You could wear a fake fur version of that. 

I am reminded of how when I was younger, my grandmother had a coat that I’m pretty sure was fake fur with a leopard print on it. I have no idea what happened to it, but how I wish I had it now.

• paws up 1

The Fame Popster 428
2 hours ago, Franch Toast said:

You could wear a fake fur version of that. 

I am reminded of how when I was younger, my grandmother had a coat that I’m pretty sure was fake fur with a leopard print on it. I have no idea what happened to it, but how I wish I had it now.

my step-nana has several real fur coats and when we would go to church with her and my grandpa as kids my sister and I would sit on either side of her and pet the coat all through the service :laughga: I'm not in line to inherit them lol but if I were I'd probably justify wearing it 

• paws up 1

The Fame Popster 401
On 4/2/2021 at 9:41 AM, GitHub said:

Darius Wolski, the cinematographer, discussed the film on The B-Side podcast recently. Here is an excerpt from the article:

Wolski, who received his first Oscar nomination this year for News of the World, also discussed House of Gucci. “Every movie is a different thing. You start a movie like you’ve never done it before, and that’s the best way to think. Of course, it’s easy for me to say because I’ve done enough, so some stuff becomes subconscious. This film, because it’s high fashion 80s and 90s, it’s going to be a little different. I’m still trying to find a look for it. The 80s weren’t a particularly good-looking period. The fashion world or these fashion shows, they were not that great looking. You look at the big coats and stuff and [go] hmm… So it’s a bit of a kitschy, funny, tragic tragedy––like a high-end soap opera. With a crazy cast as well.” Nodding to The Godfather, Wolski adds with a laugh, “I’ve called [Al Pacino] Michael five times by mistake.”

https://thefilmstage.com/ridley-scotts-house-of-gucci-will-be-like-a-high-end-soap-opera-says-cinematographer-dariusz-wolski/

Good thing her name is Lady "Kitschy, Funny, Tragic Tragedy" Gaga

That last line... that would be me with, like, every actor.

On 4/2/2021 at 4:23 AM, Sir.Sim said:

If Salma is in this film, does that mean Gucci is fully on board? I would be so angry if I was part of the Gucci family, or do you guys think everything is chill between Gucci fam x Gucci brand (hahahaha)?

Edited by blue
  • lol 1

Popster to Popster 3,752

this is going to haunt my dreams though

Screen-Shot-2021-04-08-at-8-48-04-AM.png

14 minutes ago, little legend said:

Is the film shooting almost done in just 1 month? Wow i thought that movies shootings last at least one year:enigma:

Ridley Scott has a reputation for quick shoots, but I don't think a month for a film like this is too unusual even aside from that!

Edited by GitHub
  • shook 1
  • lol 2

The Fame Popster 428

I still can't get over how Jared looks but this is cute 

EydlGd0XIAU34JQ?format=jpg&name=4096x409

And they're busy today! wedding and whatever this scene is. I wonder if April 10 as the wrap date is true? Can't believe they're almost done!

• paws up 1
  • shook 1

Popster to Popster 3,752

they must be busy today :ohhh:

169235322-503173610685800-52722932360651

169643175-122135139931956-48701467803355

Also I've been curious if they will include both of the daughters in the movie. I remember I was listening to an interview a while back with an actress who was in a show that was basically a biographical drama about people who did not support the show and one of the things they had to do to was change the number of children the people had so they could have proof that nothing was meant to be historically accurate.

Edit: why did I post the exact same thing as @LaLa I really should've scrolled up :mess:

Edited by GitHub
  • paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

The Fame Popster 428
6 minutes ago, GitHub said:

Also I've been curious if they will include both of the daughters in the movie. I remember I was listening to an interview a while back with an actress who was in a show that was basically a biographical drama about people who did not support the show and one of the things they had to do to was change the number of children the people had so they could have proof that nothing was meant to be historically accurate.

I was wondering the same about their daughters. We've only seen the one as far as I can remember, which I thought was strange. Interesting about changing it, I can see them doing that to protect them a little. 

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,752
25 minutes ago, Modern Ecstasy2 said:

Is it still filming or have they finished?

I was wondering the same. I can't remember the place I saw the supposed dates before, but I don't think it was supposed to go past mid-April.

In other news, a really short video clip of the wedding scene has surfaced. I haven't been posting any videos here, but it's the top post on the /r/adamdriverfans subreddit for anyone interested.

Popster to Popster 3,752

There's a new video with Jared Leto's character freaking out about something relating to copyright infringement which is truly just the peak of irony for me :mess:

• paws up 2

• MANiCURE1295 changed the title to HOUSE OF GUCCI - Official Thread: LONDON PREMIERE/FIRST REACTIONS
  • Dirkje pinned this topic
  • Dirkje featured this topic
  • corvus albus unpinned this topic