HOUSE OF GUCCI - Official Thread: LONDON PREMIERE/FIRST REACTIONS

MANiCURE1295

Pop-a-911-ster 38,554
15 minutes ago, lavenderblondee said:

This is really interesting and not the first I've heard of something similar like this.

People say the same thing about T.J Miller. He had it ALL and was on pace to becoming the new it guy in comedy movies. He had a tumor/part of his brain removed a while back and he started doing extra weird things (like calling in a FAKE bomb threat)  and now he's basically known as the sh*itty person in Hollywood and likely blacklisted. Some people say he's always been this way, but others think it might have to do with the surgery...either way it's still really fascinating to me.

There are a lot of documented cases of people who do things completely out of character due to injuries/tumours. I recently read about a guy who threw his son out of a window because of a brain tumour. It's messed up but it makes sense since we essentially are our brains. 

• sad 1

ARTPOPster 2,450

My aunt battled brain cancer for 20 years, and there was one surgery in particular that she didn’t come out of as the same person. Thankfully she didn’t become mean or sh*tty but it’s wild how a surgery like that can completely change who someone is 

• hugs 1

Popster to Popster 3,752

This is not directly related to the film, but for anyone interested in the subject I read a great piece by a scientific journalist last year that discussed traumatic brain injury in the context of the criminal justice system. It centers around the author's brother who experienced a brain injury and spent time in jail for violent crime they believe to be a result of TBI.

I obviously have no idea how relevant it would be to the Gucci case in particular as I haven't really done any research into Patrizia or her condition.

https://longreads.com/2019/10/22/the-final-five-percent/

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 4,420
3 hours ago, ChromaticaOreos said:

So I was looking into Patrizia online and I found something interesting: apparently she had a brain tumour removed prior to the crime (in 1992), and her daughters believed that brain tumour damaged her and changed her personality which ultimately lead her to plan her ex-husbands murder.

I wonder how they will portray her in the movie and if they will include this information.

that's really interesting, this movie could be more complex than I initially thought....

Pop-a-911-ster 38,554

1 minute ago, WildAmerican said:

that's really interesting, this movie could be more complex than I initially thought....

I wasn't able to find anything interesting regarding Patrizia's brain tumour situation so idk if they're going to bring it up in the movie

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 38,554
31 minutes ago, GitHub said:

This is not directly related to the film, but for anyone interested in the subject I read a great piece by a scientific journalist last year that discussed traumatic brain injury in the context of the criminal justice system. It centers around the author's brother who experienced a brain injury and spent time in jail for violent crime they believe to be a result of TBI.

I obviously have no idea how relevant it would be to the Gucci case in particular as I haven't really done any research into Patrizia or her condition.

https://longreads.com/2019/10/22/the-final-five-percent/

I've just gone through it and I found it really interesting. I didn't know Gage actually regained his self-control. I love the commentary he makes about how the prison system is unable to deal with this types of situations/ it makes them even worse.

I did find the last 2 paragraphs to be disappointing personally, but overall it was great!

edit: nevermind, turns out I didn't finish reading it

Edited by ChromaticaOreos
  • paws up 1

The Fame Popster 401

DON'T INTERACT IF YOU'RE UNINTERESTED IN THEORIES/SPOILERS

Spoiler

Like everyone, I am curious about how they'll frame the story and I think we can look to the book's structure for clues (I only read the beginning, I don't want to spoil myself that much lol). The opening passage of the book perfectly sets the scene of his murder and I can't imagine the film beginning any other way. 

If it weren't for the "Gaga kills Adam" logline, I could imagine them working through potential suspects who wanted him dead (with the film ending with the arrest of his ex-wife or something) but it's clear audiences will go in knowing who arranged his murder, so I guess we can expect the film to focus on her motives and unreliable memories? If so, maybe it will be a court room drama? The NYT article about the trial includes so many iconic quotes  :whatga:

At any rate, I hope this film is 4 hour long family drama of the highest order. We deserve it. 

Edited by blue
  • paws up 2

Popster to Popster 3,752
1 hour ago, ChromaticaOreos said:

could it be the funeral look? omg

Maybe but it looks like Adam is also in the scene, though.

• MANiCURE1295 changed the title to HOUSE OF GUCCI - Official Thread: LONDON PREMIERE/FIRST REACTIONS
  • Dirkje pinned this topic
  • Dirkje featured this topic
  • corvus albus unpinned this topic