HOUSE OF GUCCI - Official Thread: LONDON PREMIERE/FIRST REACTIONS

MANiCURE1295

Pop-a-911-ster 20,785

Salma Hayek was seen filming for Gucci. She’s playing Patricia’s friend Pina Auriemma, who helped to arrange the killing. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

• paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 3,752

Darius Wolski, the cinematographer, discussed the film on The B-Side podcast recently. Here is an excerpt from the article:

Wolski, who received his first Oscar nomination this year for News of the World, also discussed House of Gucci. “Every movie is a different thing. You start a movie like you’ve never done it before, and that’s the best way to think. Of course, it’s easy for me to say because I’ve done enough, so some stuff becomes subconscious. This film, because it’s high fashion 80s and 90s, it’s going to be a little different. I’m still trying to find a look for it. The 80s weren’t a particularly good-looking period. The fashion world or these fashion shows, they were not that great looking. You look at the big coats and stuff and [go] hmm… So it’s a bit of a kitschy, funny, tragic tragedy––like a high-end soap opera. With a crazy cast as well.” Nodding to The Godfather, Wolski adds with a laugh, “I’ve called [Al Pacino] Michael five times by mistake.”

https://thefilmstage.com/ridley-scotts-house-of-gucci-will-be-like-a-high-end-soap-opera-says-cinematographer-dariusz-wolski/

• paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 38,812
Just now, Delusional said:

Chile where is this accent

Is this a good scared or bad scared

i can't hear it properly, nor do I know if it's a good/bad attempt

so i'm scared either way :enigma:

Popster to Popster 4,420

One thing to keep in mind is that Ridley Scott also has another big movie coming out around House of Gucci too, The Last Duel, and I'm kinda worried about the two cannibalizing the other (Adam Driver is in TLD too :bradley:). I'm not sure if I see both getting a ton of nominations like ASIB, but I could be wrong

I'm trying to manage my expectations for it.

• paws up 2

The Fame Popster 428
12 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

One thing to keep in mind is that Ridley Scott also has another big movie coming out around House of Gucci too, The Last Duel, and I'm kinda worried about the two cannibalizing the other (Adam Driver is in TLD too :bradley:). I'm not sure if I see both getting a ton of nominations like ASIB, but I could be wrong

I'm trying to manage my expectations for it.

I've been really wondering about this! I wonder if they'll bump The Last Duel back? I know it's been done and waiting for a while, but seems like Gucci has more hype going on right now. Maybe they won't bump either, but that seems weird...

But I guess everything about movies is weird these days though! I'm not expecting anything at all re:awards because I know how unpredictable and inscrutable that whole process is. I just want the movie to get good reviews. 

• paws up 2

Popster to Popster 3,752
17 minutes ago, LaLa said:

I've been really wondering about this! I wonder if they'll bump The Last Duel back? I know it's been done and waiting for a while, but seems like Gucci has more hype going on right now. Maybe they won't bump either, but that seems weird...

I feel like they might not since it already got pushed back a year (from Dec. 2020 to Oct. 2021)

• paws up 1

The Fame Popster 428

I'm against wearing fur of course, but part of me does wish I lived a life where I could pull off this coat :ohyes: 

EyZPEMlWYAMAzM2?format=jpg&name=largeEyZPCK3WEAsI6nM?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

• paws up 1

• MANiCURE1295 changed the title to HOUSE OF GUCCI - Official Thread: LONDON PREMIERE/FIRST REACTIONS
  • Dirkje pinned this topic
  • Dirkje featured this topic
  • corvus albus unpinned this topic