1 Year of Stupid Love: Celebrate Here

MANiCURE1295

Pop-a-911-ster 32,561

One year ago Lady Gaga released “Stupid Love“ as the lead single from Chromatica. The track bowed at #5 on the Billboard Hot 100, marking Gaga‘s highest debut on the chart since 2011, and was certified Platinum in the US.

Stupid Love GIF by Lady Gaga

BILLBOARD ARTICLE ON ITS DEBUT:

Lady Gaga's "Stupid Love" launches at No. 5 on the Hot 100, marking her 16th top 10, and first since "Shallow" (with Bradley Cooper), which became her fourth No. 1 when it topped the March 9, 2019-dated chart. She logs her seventh debut in the top 10; her first since "Dope" started at No. 8 in November 2013; and her highest-bowing since "The Edge of Glory" opened at No. 3 in May 2011.

Plus, thanks to "Shallow" and "Stupid Love," Gaga boasts Hot 100 top 10s in consecutive years for the first time since she tallied two in 2010 and four in 2011.

Meanwhile, Gaga, who first hit the Hot 100's top 10 with her first No. 1, "Just Dance," featuring Colby O'Donis, in December 2008, becomes the fifth artist to have ranked in the top 10 in the 2000s, '10s and '20s, following Mariah Carey, Drake, Eminem and Maroon 5. (Carey also reached the top 10 in the 1990s.)

Where were you when SL came out? What did you think of the song/video and what do you think of it now? Discuss here :arguega:

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 3
  • yaas, gaga 6

ARTPOPster 2,450
47 minutes ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

Where were you when SL came out?

Picking up takeout from my favorite Italian place to celebrate :oscar:

Streaming it after having the leak for a month was a lot like drinking on your 21st birthday though 

• lol 1
  • yaas, gaga 2

Kindness Admin 6,892

It’s still as excellent as it was day one and I feel bad for the poor fools who resist its beautiful energy.

Stupid Love GIF by Lady Gaga

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1
  • yaas, gaga 3

ARTPOPster 2,173
1 hour ago, blankpaper said:

Streaming it after having the leak for a month was a lot like drinking on your 21st birthday though 

Oop-

OT: I was in my room watching the whole thing go down, I was SO happy, when the video showed up I thought it was amazing and the iPhone quality actually turned out super awesome! The outfits are still some of my favorites especially the purple one that came with the purple face pieces 

maxresdefault.jpg

People trash everything about this from the video to the quality to the outfits to the song itself, people need to learn to appreciate the stuff she works hard for, she was literally in pain dancing harder than she’s danced in 7 years. 

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,689

I needed to be up at 5am the next day so I waited until the morning on my car ride into work to hear it for the first time. However I almost forgot to do so in my half asleep state so I rushed to stream it at the final red light :mess: In that moment it was exactly the bop I needed to get though that early Friday morning!

Later, when I was fully conscious, I listened to it again and had mixed feelings. I liked how it was a true return to electropop form and a second-coming of Born This Way, but at the time I thought the lyrics were too simple and a bit cheesy. However I have come to see the light, and I can say that I thoroughly enjoy the song now and just like it did a year ago, it always brightens my mood anytime it comes on :bunny: 

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,889

The excitement and knowing only Gaga can get me to stay up that late on a week day. I was a lil tipsy and cried :mess: I had only listened to the leaked version once or twice so I still wasn't 100% sure on what the song was like from start to finish. I really missed avante garde Gaga and it was such a fun and cute MV. 

• yaas, gaga 1

The Popster 124

Its release week was one of the best weeks last year (plus the week it got leaked) omg I played it so many times and never got tired of it. I was so excited for the Chromatica era (until... well...), I still love it, and it's very over-hated. It didn't deserve the 5-30 chart run though omfg

Popstanne 5,076

I loved Gaga's trolling response to the leak. 

But I like the song too and think it was the best lead singer for the album, and the video is so campy & fun!

• yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 20,759

Can’t believe it’s been one year already

It was 7am for me when it came out, I had just stepped out of my appartement to go to work and watched the video while walking to the bus stop and cried my eyes out

spacer.png

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 38,802
2 hours ago, donatellab said:

Can’t believe it’s been one year already

It was 7am for me when it came out, I had just stepped out of my appartement to go to work and watched the video while walking to the bus stop and cried my eyes out

spacer.png

was it that bad?

:billiecat:

• lol 1