Charts Discussion Thread - Слава Україні! Героям слава!

corvus albus

A Popster Is Born 17,208

Imagine being a Lady Gaga fan, being a member of a fansite like this one and spending your days trashing one of her songs all day every day. 

Like, I’m not even joking. Will the mod team take care of this or? Enough is enough. 

• paws up 4
  • thanks 6
  • lol 3

A Popster Is Born 12,126
On 12/10/2021 at 6:44 PM, DonnieDarko said:

Imagine being a Lady Gaga fan, being a member of a fansite like this one and spending your days trashing one of her songs all day every day. 

Like, I’m not even joking. Will the mod team take care of this or? Enough is enough. 

I think he’s just joking, right? 

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 12/10/2021 at 3:08 PM, donatellab said:

Stupid Love would’ve been a huge hit if it hadn’t leaked a month in advance and if it had proper promo :lesson:

it would’ve peaked a lot higher without leaking since fans were listening to the leak on repeat and we’re already tired of it when it officially came out :arguega:

but some of y’all aren’t ready for that convo :arguega:

Maybe not a huge hit but definitelly better than now for sure. Stupid Love was actually very very close to debut at #2 on Hot 100 when it was released (it just missed it by a couple of sales if I remember right) so who knows if she was actually performing the song + more promo in general, maybe it could have hit even #1. Stupid Love still got to be a radio hit in UK and some parts of Europe aswell, and it has some nice peaks WW, so I don't consider the song to be that much of a flop like how some people says (It's not really PI type of flop) 

• paws up 3
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,944
On 12/10/2021 at 2:09 PM, corvus albus said:

On the topic of Taylor Swift. Remember that neo-Nazis hailed her as her new Aryan pop princess, and she didn't refute that fact for over three years?

Every demographic chooses a pop icon. Gay men worship Cher, black women love Beyoncé, and neo-Nazis worship Taylor Swift, a skinny, blonde Pennsylvania girl that they have labeled an "Aryan Goddess." Nazis and members of the "alt right"—an Internet subculture that is best described as the venn diagram of hipster culture and white supremacy—have been spreading a conspiracy theory that Swift is a covert Nazi. They claim Swift's songs "red pilled" America into believing a conservative, racist agenda. (Taylor Swift's representative, a publicist named Tree Paine, did not return Broadly's request for comment.)

https://www.vice.com/en/article/ae5x8a/cant-shake-it-off-how-taylor-swift-became-a-nazi-idol

It took her until after Lover to say something

“There’s literally nothing worse than white supremacy. It’s repulsive. There should be no place for it,” she told Rolling Stone.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/sep/19/taylor-swift-white-supremacy-repulsive-politics-democrat

wbk she discovered gays deserved rights in 2019 so maybe this applies to other demographics

corvus albus

On 12/10/2021 at 1:49 PM, Odeon said:

I know what's good and Stupid Love is a good song, you all just hate it because that song didn't make the noise it should have, due to the lack of promotion.

What the performance on charts or lack of promotion would have to do with it when I hated it the day it leaked :overit: I was hoping so much her team wouldn’t make it a single but the day of announcement hijacked my hopes :nicki_scream:

There are reasons why the song flopped after official release and no amount of saying how good the song is, is gonna change it. Radio didn't like it, it was dropping hard on streaming day by day meaning GP didn't like it, like half of the fanbase didnt like it. What's not clicking? Almost 2 years after release and the song is still struggling to hit 300M on Spotify. A lead single after massive ASIB era in a times where artists have album tracks reaching 400-500M :mess:

Pop-a-911-ster 26,999
x3
On 12/10/2021 at 2:14 PM, DonnieDarko said:

@admin yea , i hope the mod team take care of people constantly dragging someone personally. Imagine hating a real person cause he expressed his opinion about a song. And you all always bringing Stupid Love into the discussion , of course with always dragging me and make fun of my taste , humiliate me and etc. So i will continue to defend my opinion and myself. You guys are so obsessed that can't distinguish the border between fighting about songs and insulting someone personally. Like it is important if a song it bad or good. But you are so obsessed with this , that you don't mind if you attack a single person. In the last days it's like 10 users constantly dragging A SINGLE PERSON cause he doesn't like a song. Imagine being so obsessed. Shame on all of you. A new low for you. 

I handled all the hate cause I assumed it was mostly for fun. But if you guys now want the mod team to take actions against me , mean that you believe what you say. So it means that you really attack me as a person. Seriously disgusting behaviour, insulting someone for such an irrelevant reason.

So if that's the case i really hope mod take actions, against personal attacks. Some of you are such a disappointment. 

A Popster Is Born 14,749
On 12/10/2021 at 9:12 PM, Adarsh said:

I don’t mean to sound like a hater but half of her fanbase is republican American girls and conservative asian girls (I know this because my country is full of them :icant:

So of course she didn’t say anything, she was clearly benefiting from it.

She's White, skinny, Blue eyed, Reserved

She's the epitome of ideal white barbie girl for Asians.. Asians are conservative

Most of us dont like Artists stripping or doing any outrageous gimmicks.. 

Edited by FRANZGA
  • thanks 2

Pop-a-911-ster 26,999
x3
On 12/10/2021 at 2:24 PM, DonnieDarko said:

@little legend the Emperor you’re not the victim here, lol; if not for your obssesive behaviour, no one would ever say a bad word about it. Let’s, really not go there. 

Of course i am the victim. 

If you can't distinguish the hate for a song ( an unliving thing) with the whole forum constantly attacks to a person for an irrelevant reason, then it's your problem.

Well and that's exactly the problem that you can't distinguished this. I am not the only one who constantly brings Stupid Love discussion. You do it all the time. 

A Popster Is Born 17,208
On 12/10/2021 at 2:28 PM, little legend the Emperor said:

Of course i am the victim. 

If you can't distinguish the hate for a song ( an unliving thing) with the whole forum constantly attacks to a person for an irrelevant reason, then it's your problem.

Well and that's exactly the problem that you can't distinguished this. I am not the only one who constantly brings Stupid Love discussion. You do it all the time. 

No, @PanPikushates  SL, @Miaou hates SL, heck I hate most of BTW but you don’t see us whining about it 24/7. Just stop. Or tone it down, please. Enough is enough.

• paws up 1
  • thanks 4

Popster to Popster 4,833

Saying that the radios didn't like Gaga's single nowadays is like pointing the obvious. I'm not expecting anything good from them when it comes to Gaga's song from now on, I mean they didn't even want to play Shallow which was incredibly popular and liked (don't even try to say that they played the song after she won the Oscar, that move from them felt very forced which is why their push lasted a couple of weeks) 

• paws up 3

• corvus albus changed the title to Charts Discussion Thread - Слава Україні! Героям слава!
  • Daddy locked and unlocked this topic
  • Daddy locked and unlocked this topic
  • Daddy locked and unpinned this topic