Your Song of the Week (2021.01.11)

Lorde Von Kok

Gaming Leader 8,440

Welcome to the Song of the Week thread

Every Monday, I will create a thread for us to spill and share the new (or old) song we discovered (or re-discovred) and can't stop streaming.

This is the second official week of 2021, and let's get right into it.

freddieisherehoe.gif

Why do you like it? How did you discovered it?

For example:

My song of the week is actually two songs.

Bratz Doll by XIX

Spoiler

and

Grown by Chloe X Halle.

Spoiler

I discovered Grown directly after doing the first thread and by interacting with @Delusional. The Payola icon was listening to some Chloe X Halle, and I ended up streaming this gem. I loved it so much and it truly resonated with me, my life right now, and my upcoming book about adulthood. I loved it so much I actually decided I will put it in my book (the song, not the payola farmer).

As for Bratz Doll, I was looking at the Hyperpop Playlist on Spotify for new songs on an regular afternoon when I saw the picture of the duo XIX. I thought they looked cute and fun, so why not. I felt in love with the song, and even though it might not be everyone's cup of tea, I love it very much.

...and you, what's your song of the week?

• yaas, gaga 3

Deactivated 14,311

I discovered this yesterday on a walk with my darling fur child! I LOVE LONDON GRAMMAR SO I am thrilled to have more music! Their second album is highly undervalued. I find her music incredibly soul soothing! Especially in tumultuous times!  

• paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 13,703

drivers license by (the one and only) Olivia Rodrigo :oscar:

The reason? f-words from Twitter spamming the sh!t out of the song, but deserved. The girl deserves the TTH residency Doola Peepa has been getting :oscar: 

Edited by danwasd
  • paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 1

The Fame Popster 485
11 minutes ago, Bakugo said:

It’s only Tuesday...

"This one goes out to everyone whose cars are still in valet... and it's Tuesday."
      - Katy Perry, This is How We Do

• lol 2

Pop-a-911-ster 20,851
25 minutes ago, Bakugo said:

I discovered this yesterday on a walk with my darling fur child! I LOVE LONDON GRAMMAR SO I am thrilled to have more music! Their second album is highly undervalued. I find her music incredibly soul soothing! Especially in tumultuous times!  

Not you stealing my song of the week from me :snake:

London Grammar is amazing

Lady Gaga Compliment GIF

• paws up 2

Popster to Popster 3,752

dedicated to everyone who got nominations in the members awards threads:

Anyway I've been really into Santigold lately. Somehow sounds both nostalgic and fresh at the same time. Some of her other more well known songs are L.E.S. Artistes and Disparate Youth. No idea when I first discovered her tbh.

• yaas, gaga 1

ARTPOPster 2,450

No secret I’m a bit of a swiftie but this came out last week right as I reached my breaking point with a toxic friendship that I need to get rid of. It hit a little too close to home and I’ve been listening to it way too much 

• paws up 3

Gaming Leader 8,440
42 minutes ago, Delusional said:

My song of the week is Drivers License by Olivia Rodrigo - the next big thing in music.

35 minutes ago, danwasd said:

drivers license by (the one and only) Olivia Rodrigo :oscar:

The reason? f-words from Twitter spamming the sh!t out of the song, but deserved. The girl deserves the TTH residency Doola Peepa has been getting :oscar: 

That too. I discovered it today, and if I like it enough, it might be on my next week's list! I adore the second part of the song, giving me every bit of Lorde that I need, and y'all know that I love Lorde from my name.

38 minutes ago, Twitter said:

safety net – Ariana Grande & Ty Dolla $ign

You really liked that album uh? Maybe I should give it another shot. You usually have taste, and I might have not been in the mood at first.

38 minutes ago, Bakugo said:

11 minutes ago, donatellab said:

Not you stealing my song of the week from me :snake:

London Grammar is amazing

Lady Gaga Compliment GIF

London Grammar is a great band. I loved If You Wait and Strong is still that girl.

7 minutes ago, GitHub said:

dedicated to everyone who got nominations in the members awards threads:

Anyway I've been really into Santigold lately. Somehow sounds both nostalgic and fresh at the same time. Some of her other more well known songs are L.E.S. Artistes and Disparate Youth. No idea when I first discovered her tbh.

Her name sounds familiar, but I'll give it a shot! She's giving all over the place talent, and I might just have to stan.

24 minutes ago, A Little Monsterrr said:

left out vibes methinks :billie:

Ooops! Sorry, I knew I left out someone. I'll tag you in the next weeks. :classic_love:

• paws up 4
  • thanks 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Gaming Leader 8,440
1 minute ago, blankpaper said:

No secret I’m a bit of a swiftie but this came out last week right as I reached my breaking point with a toxic friendship that I need to get rid of. It hit a little too close to home and I’ve been listening to it way too much 

You and me both know how healing Folklore and Evermore was to us. I have yet to listen to both the lakes, it's time to go and right where you left me. Wish me good luck :bradley: and for the relationship, always do the best for you and your mental state. Know that you always have a friend in me if anything happens.

• paws up 1

Gaming Leader 8,440
2 hours ago, Daylight Oreos said:

OKAY SO, A lot of people hate this track. I actually love it, and I feel better now knowing you share the same opinion. :classic_love:

1 minute ago, Dirkje said:

With all thats happening in the world rn, I'm gonna go for Dead mr. president by P!nk!

YESSSSSSSSSS!!! A classic ;P

1 hour ago, glass said:

right where you left me

and my own that i'm writing :awkney:

That you are writing !? Do share please if you feel comfortable enough in your own thread so the spotlight is on you and tag me. I would love to read your lyrics. :receipts:

• paws up 2

My song of the Week is Am I A Girl by Poppy. :bunny:Pre-chorus and chorus are just the best things I've heard in January so far. :cupcake:

How did I find it? Someone forced me to listen to this album....... :uhh:

Edited by Madame X
  • yaas, gaga 1