All things : New iPad and iPad Pro released

BenG

Kindness Admin 6,892

I can't wait to see the real-world use of the Air and Pro. The fan honestly should make a pretty big difference in SOME instances, and all those are pretty pro (aside from gaming). So I'm interested. MORE interested in the other pros and iMac. The reporting so far on performance have been SUPER promising.

On Big Sur, I REALLY love it. I've been waiting for a universal version of Messages, and it really delivers. As for the design, I think it's beautiful and fits in perfectly with iOS (which makes sense considering how influential it has been).

Overall, good times. Anyone buy the mini? I feel once I use it, I'm really going to want one. My next Apple purchase, however, will probably be the new iPad Pro with the mini-LED screen in the spring/summer.

6 minutes ago, admin said:

I can't wait to see the real-world use of the Air and Pro. The fan honestly should make a pretty big difference in SOME instances, and all those are pretty pro (aside from gaming). So I'm interested. MORE interested in the other pros and iMac. The reporting so far on performance have been SUPER promising.

On Big Sur, I REALLY love it. I've been waiting for a universal version of Messages, and it really delivers. As for the design, I think it's beautiful and fits in perfectly with iOS (which makes sense considering how influential it has been).

Overall, good times. Anyone buy the mini? I feel once I use it, I'm really going to want one. My next Apple purchase, however, will probably be the new iPad Pro with the mini-LED screen in the spring/summer.

I’m skipping because its RAM is not upgradable 

• paws up 1

Kindness Admin 6,892

I'm a bit busy at work today, but am reading some of the M1 Mac reviews and they are INSANE. The performance and battery life is unreal. I am BLOWN away. I might buy one in two years with the M3X and a brand new design.

One quote: "Basically, the $5000 iMac Pro I bought three years ago has been humbled by a $999 MacBook Air and a $699 Mac mini. This is real life. This is where we are now."

https://sixcolors.com/post/2020/11/m1-macs-review/

Pop-a-911-ster 38,812

Screenshot-2020-11-23-at-14-17-08.png

Apple Gift Card value:

• $150: 16-inch MacBook Pro, 21.5-inch iMac
  • $100: iPad Pro, HomePod
  • $50: 13-inch MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iPhones SE, XR & 11, iPad mini, Apple TV, Beats earphones/headphones
  • $25: Apple Watch Series 3, AirPods Pro, AirPods
  • thanks 1

• BenG changed the title to All Things : Free Gift Card with Select Products
  • BenG changed the title to All Things : AirPods Max (Available Dec 15)
Kindness Admin 6,892
52 minutes ago, NotDoctor said:

I just watched this last night and holy sh!t, it's so campy and great 

Yeah, it was cute, I guess. I didn't love it - much preferred the Kacey special last year, but it was a fun watch for sure. Mariah is something else, truly. It was interesting to hear her sorta struggle, I thought, to some songs.

Kindness Admin 6,892
1 hour ago, beng said:

Apple releases new headphones - AirPods Max. Priced at $549.

apple_airpods-max_hero_12082020_big.jpg.

apple_airpods-max_color-white_12082020_c

magic_smart_case__e1xikczc5eoi_xlarge.jp

Shocked they dropped them this way. It's not like they didn't have ten minutes to mention them in any of their press conferences, just really strange to me.

Anyway, I love Apple and accept their prices but this one made me :dean_scream: tbh

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 4,583
11 minutes ago, admin said:

Yeah, it was cute, I guess. I didn't love it - much preferred the Kacey special last year, but it was a fun watch for sure. Mariah is something else, truly. It was interesting to hear her sorta struggle, I thought, to some songs.

To me it was that she picked a spot to the upper right of the camera and kept staring at it like a ghost was haunting her.  It seemed weirdly self aware with her making the "elusive" joke, the Snoop Santa appearance was so stupid in a great way, her acting was weird and the greenscreen  never quite worked.  I didn't really notice the singing one way or another, for me it was just how fully ridiculous the whole thing was and I found it delightful 

Edited by NotDoctor
  • paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 38,812
6 minutes ago, admin said:

Shocked they dropped them this way. It's not like they didn't have ten minutes to mention them in any of their press conferences, just really strange to me.

Anyway, I love Apple and accept their prices but this one made me :dean_scream: tbh

Perfect earmuffs don't you think? :ohhh:

• lol 2

Pop-a-911-ster 38,812
10 minutes ago, NotDoctor said:

Airpods max is such a bad name :ohyes:

Hope they sound good

AirPods Air coming next to slot in between the AirPods Pro and AirPods Max ($300 gap). :ohyes:

• lol 2

• BenG changed the title to All things : New iPad and iPad Pro released