All Things 🇺🇸 Politics: SCOTUS Officially Overturns Roe Vs Wade - Abortion Now Illegal

MANiCURE1295

Pop-a-911-ster 32,571
5 minutes ago, Twitter said:

M E S S 

spacer.png

Didn’t you just say no one above 50k should get a check? :laughga:
“ In my opinion, anyone in America who is making over $50K should not get a stimulus check. After $50K to me you are considered comfortable living. The people making $30-50K should receive a reduced stimulus of maybe $500 for like emergency funds.”

In your scenario people making 30K would only receive 500$ :laughga:

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 1

ARTPOPster 2,450

I’m seeing a lot of people I know on Facebook that are mad about this and don’t make nearly enough to be affected by it :laughga: they’ll just latch onto anything that lets them complain about biden 

• thanks 1

ARTPOPster 2,450
4 minutes ago, Twitter said:

I dislike when people fish for a reason to hate Biden. At least give the man the benefit of the doubt. He just arrived in office and has 4 years to prove himself. Tr*mp managed to screw up each year of his 4-year run.

The worst is the uber religious people who just have this nonstop narrative about how he’s a radical progressive communist who kills babies and wants all christians to die or something 

• lol 2

Pop-a-911-ster 32,571
11 minutes ago, Twitter said:

I dislike when people fish for a reason to hate Biden. At least give the man the benefit of the doubt. He just arrived in office and has 4 years to prove himself. Tr*mp managed to screw up each year of his 4-year run.

Yeah that’s my thing too, if he goes back on all his promises and fails to do a lot of what he said in 4 years, fine give him the sh!t he deserves but let’s give him the time to either succeed or fail. Judge by the year, it’s been less than 50 days for god sake...he’s doing good imo

ARTPOPster 2,450
1 minute ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

Yeah that’s my thing too, if he goes back on all his promises and fails to do a lot of what he said in 4 years, fine give him the sh!t he deserves but let’s give him the time to either succeed or fail. Judge by the year, it’s been less than 50 days for god sake...he’s doing good imo

And recognize whether it’s truly him going back on a promise or just congress blocking everything 

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

ARTPOPster 2,450
1 minute ago, Twitter said:

Exactly. People don’t realize congress plays a huge role in these things too!

And that we only have a majority in party name alone. Manchin and Sinema are going to block anything remotely progressive so we can’t just ram things through because Democrats have a majority 

• thanks 3

Pop-a-911-ster 32,571

Exactly. People don’t realize congress plays a huge role in these things too!

Dude was literally in office for 1 full month and on Feb. 20th people were dragging him. I just feel like give Biden the same opportunities and passes we gave Tr*mp especially after his enoromous f-ups.

Yeah people seem to forget that there are like over 450 members of the house, 100 senators and then the president. He’s one person. Yes, very powerful. But people need to remember that he’s one person and has their limitations. I’m more p*ssed knowing if we had 2 more left leaning Dems on the senate we could get rid of the filibuster now. But thanks to Manchin and Sinema......

Honestly reading Obama’s “A Promised Land” made me realize how the Presidents decisions can be hamstrung by a variety of reasons including and not limited to Congress, it really enlightened me to how important ALL ELECTED OFFICIALS ARE. Not just The President

edit: ESPECIALLY IN A 50-50 SENATE:arguega:

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,571

let it begin boys and girls....the fact that this bill won’t have a single Republican vote :laughga:...guess I can go back to absolutely loathing Susan Collins after she votes no on this bill? 

Popster to Popster 4,583
26 minutes ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

let it begin boys and girls....the fact that this bill won’t have a single Republican vote :laughga:...guess I can go back to absolutely loathing Susan Collins after she votes no on this bill? 

Why did you stop? :laughga:

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,571
13 minutes ago, NotDoctor said:

Why did you stop? :laughga:

I decided to give her a “break” for a week or two due to having some sliver of decency to vote to impeach during the 2nd trial...don’t worry I despise her :laughga:

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,571
1 hour ago, Starboy said:

Further proof that including the minimum wage increase in the COVID relief bill would not have worked out.

I tried telling all my progressive friends that “forcing” the minimum wage into the bill would turn off the moderates and do far more damage than good.

My Senator for example Angus King supports increasing the minimum wage but I think he’s come out and said that it didn’t belong in the COVID bill/reconciliation and therefore wouldn’t feel comfortable with forcing it into the bill, he ended up being one of the 8 against it.  A lot of these senators do care about the “rules” that they play by, unfortunately. Would’ve loved for him to vote yes. 

I get the push for forcing a vote and wanting to see if these people call their bluff but...yeah 8 people would’ve called that bluff and Biden’s first piece of legislation would be an embracing defeat. It’s not what progressives want to hear but it’s true.

Gotta keep fighting for 15!!!! I definitely support this, gotta find a way to get it done, overruling the parliamentarian will turn off too many senators. 

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • thanks 1

• MANiCURE1295 changed the title to All Things US Politics 🇺🇸: ARP Vote-A-Drama - 8 Dems Vote Against Minimum Wage
Pop-a-911-ster 32,571
18 minutes ago, Starboy said:

They both make my blood boil. How cruel can you actually be to tax jobless benefits and act so smug when voting down on a minimum wage increase?

Yeah I was texting my mom, who is a pretty moderate democrat fiscally speaking (who doesn’t necessarily agree with a 15$ minimum wage) and even she was like “listen it’s okay if you disagree and maybe do or don’t think the minimum wage should be increased but she looks like a b*ch when she does that”

And I agree, it’s fine to have disagreements but wow when you can’t even do it respectfully and you have to try some cringe “McCain Thumbs Down” tactic to try and go viral.....very very unimpressed and that’s me being nice. 

Congrats Sinema, you’re gonna go viral but in all the wrong freaking reasons. I’ve seen so many people online RAILING her for this.

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,571

Biden about to get the biggest Stimulus in history passed in the US Senate :oscar: like the tweet said, no one likes the nasty concessions that almost always go into creating bills but this is a massive achievement. 1.9T :crowned:

• MANiCURE1295 changed the title to All Things US Politics 🇺🇸: Senate Passes American Rescue Plan 50-49
ARTPOPster 1,425
On 3/4/2021 at 3:13 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

Thought this was interesting...despite the eligibility sliming 98% of families who got checks in December will still receive checks from Biden!!!!!!! 

I think it’s still going to cut off at the income limits. I would be an example of this as I qualified for the December one but I filed my taxes for 2020 and would no longer qualify.  BTW I’m not complaining.

• MANiCURE1295 changed the title to All Things 🇺🇸 Politics: SCOTUS Officially Overturns Roe Vs Wade - Abortion Now Illegal
  • admin locked this topic
  • admin unlocked this topic