All Things 🇺🇸 Politics: SCOTUS Officially Overturns Roe Vs Wade - Abortion Now Illegal

MANiCURE1295

Pop-a-911-ster 32,571
5 minutes ago, Starboy said:

Well maybe if you watched some of his video then you’d probably see that he’s on the side of the working class. I get your distaste for him though, you’re allowed to feel that way and I respect whatever opinion you have of him. 

Lol a bit harsh but fair enough.

The stuff I’ve seen from Tucker don’t make me want to deep dive into his product if I’m being completely honest. Like I said I have Republican/right leaning family so just have grown up accustomed to not being able to stand people like Tucker, Hannity, Dobbs, Candace Owens

I just can’t  stand broadcasters who I see blatantly lie to millions of their viewers and continue to get away with it each and every day. I do agree though, it’s important to not only listen to your only circle, you gotta get out of that and see what people of all viewpoints are saying about the issue at hand. That’s how you grow and develop politically.

Like I said, agree to disagree. I think we agree on lots of other things so it’s okay to disagree about this...I just kinda shocked that’s all haha :katy: I don’t know many people at all who actually like his product but more power to you! :sistrens:

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/29/917747123/you-literally-cant-believe-the-facts-tucker-carlson-tells-you-so-say-fox-s-lawye

• thanks 1

ARTPOPster 2,450

What good timing for this to come across my newsfeed :katy:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/11/us/tucker-carlson-women-military-pentagon.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur&fbclid=IwAR1y3oOC6SbJ5yRtzWcEFoGGw9MlhmIYHps2FDMIFMpNLyQQHww5FkHZY4Q

“The Pentagon’s press secretary, John F. Kirby, on Thursday publicly rebuked Tucker Carlson for sexist comments made by the Fox News host, in which Mr. Carlson ridiculed recent changes the military had made to be more accommodating to women.“

• lol 2

Pop-a-911-ster 32,571
2 minutes ago, blankpaper said:

What good timing for this to come across my newsfeed :katy:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/11/us/tucker-carlson-women-military-pentagon.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur&fbclid=IwAR1y3oOC6SbJ5yRtzWcEFoGGw9MlhmIYHps2FDMIFMpNLyQQHww5FkHZY4Q

“The Pentagon’s press secretary, John F. Kirby, on Thursday publicly rebuked Tucker Carlson for sexist comments made by the Fox News host, in which Mr. Carlson ridiculed recent changes the military had made to be more accommodating to women.“

OH LOOK WHO IT IS BEING SEXIST.....TUCKER CARLSON

x factor xf12 GIF by X Factor Italia

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,571
4 minutes ago, blankpaper said:

The Oklahoma House passed a bill to give immunity to drivers who hit protesters

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/oklahoma-bill-protect-drivers-hit-protesters_n_6049801ac5b6cf72d093ed9e

And you know those people claim to be pro-life...the mental gymnastics it must take to reconcile the two beliefs  :dead:

The Republican-majority Oklahoma state House passed a bill on Wednesday that would grant immunity to drivers who “unintentionally” run over protesters.
:katy: 

“unintentionally”...

gaga thoughts GIF

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,571

Looks like step 2 of Biden’s recovery plan is coming, step 1 was the American Rescue Plan, step 2 will be the “Build Back Better” plan, which will hopefully be a big and bold infrastructure package!!!!!! 
:oscar:

Meanwhile, Biden’s immigration bill, HR1, background checks, The Equality Act, and the PRO Act will probably go die in the senate graveyard because those will never have the votes yay politics :katy:

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 4,420
12 minutes ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

feel like the dam really broke today, so many big name's calling on him to resign.

• paws up 1

ARTPOPster 2,450

Biden planning first major tax hike in 30 years 

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/543180-biden-planning-first-major-tax-hike-in-almost-30-years-report?fbclid=IwAR3qx-yq7nn7VrNUWu1Rs-R4W3H4HONZY9vqlTyvBlHCkFs0AuUzWhv8uBc

“The planned increases reportedly include: raising the corporate tax from 21 percent to 28 percent; increasing the income tax rate on people making more than $400,000; expanding the estate tax; paring back tax preferences on pass-through businesses such as limited-liability companies; and setting up a higher capital gains tax rate for individuals making at least $1 million.”

• paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 1

ARTPOPster 2,450

The FBI is facing allegations that its 2018 background check of Kavanaugh was fake

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/mar/16/fbi-brett-kavanaugh-background-check-fake

“Sheldon Whitehouse, a Democratic senator and former prosecutor who serves on the judiciary committee, is calling on the newly-confirmed attorney general, Merrick Garland, to help facilitate “proper oversight” by the Senate into questions about how thoroughly the FBI investigated Kavanaugh during his confirmation hearing.

Among the concerns listed in Whitehouse’s letter to Garland are allegations that some witnesses who wanted to share their accounts with the FBI could not find anyone at the bureau who would accept their testimony and that it had not assigned any individual to accept or gather evidence.“

• shook 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,571
17 minutes ago, Starboy said:

The current immigration crisis is such a mess. We need to temporarily close the border and stop allowing people in. The Biden administration has no clear direction on what it plans to do to handle this except “don’t come right now”. Not to mention the crowded migrant facilities will cause COVID to spread throughout. 

I agree. It’s absolute insanity. At least close it for a little bit so that you can get the priorities and next steps sorted out.

What’s the point of keeping it open at this rate if we’re gonna continue to get this rate of influx. It’s not good for the kids who are forced into longer wait times or good for the border in general due to the chaos.

Granted I don’t know the ramifications of “closing down” the southern border but it seems logical step to take

• paws up 1

The Fame Popster 401
On 3/11/2021 at 8:35 PM, derpmonster said:

And the thing is they're so fixated on trans girls, they're gonna make girls' sports much worse by making trans boys play with them.

There was a case recently where a trans boy was forced to play with girls by his school. He wanted to play with boys but they wouldn't let him. He had begun transitioning and he literally had an advantage. Guess what? He won every single match...

I had never thought of that. They really just want trans teens to be marginalized and excluded from sports. I hope at the very least theres little animosity amongst the kids themselves. At a certain point you just have to be welcoming and accepting like "this is happening because adults are idiots" which is a mode teens already operate in. But thats to say nothing of the trauma for trans kids themselves.

Edited by blue
  • paws up 2

The Fame Popster 401
5 hours ago, Starboy said:

Well it’s really about both trans girls and boys playing in leagues where they’re either at an unfair advantage or disadvantage. It makes sense to exclude them from participating in sports where there are biological boys and girls playing. It’s not fair for any party. Although many, including myself, view trans girls playing alongside biological girls as a more urgent issue that should be addressed because it creates an environment where biological girls are at a disadvantage.

https://www.wired.com/story/the-glorious-victories-of-trans-athletes-are-shaking-up-sports/amp

https://amp.theguardian.com/sport/2020/dec/07/study-suggests-ioc-adjustment-period-for-trans-women-may-be-too-short

Now what isn’t being talked about enough in the debates around this issue is the fact that we need to create leagues where only trans women and trans men can compete, therefore creating a level playing field for all athletes while still giving them a chance to play sports. Or like the Wired article suggests, “to create a handicap system that uses an algorithm to account for physiological parameters such as testosterone, hemoglobin levels, height, and endurance capacity, as well as social factors like gender identity and socioeconomic status.”

I don't personally find this an urgent issue since trans athletes are few and far between. That said, I understand why athletes themselves want solutions and I understand why it's a lightening rod for debate. Frankly, there are no good solutions. There aren't enough trans athletes at the local level to warrant trans leagues (but I do think trans kids/students would benefit from trans leagues for sure). A handicap system would be a better alternative but biological sex is a spectrum too. Blanket invasive gender/sex tests would reveal lots of very good cis athletes are intersex, rock high/low T levels, etc and I just don't see the upside of otherizing anyone and everyone who doesn't fit in our neat little boxes. 

• paws up 2
  • thanks 3

• MANiCURE1295 changed the title to All Things 🇺🇸 Politics: SCOTUS Officially Overturns Roe Vs Wade - Abortion Now Illegal
  • admin locked this topic
  • admin unlocked this topic