All Things 🇺🇸 Politics: SCOTUS Officially Overturns Roe Vs Wade - Abortion Now Illegal

MANiCURE1295

Kindness Admin 6,892
10 hours ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

+2 Democratic senators looking like they’re supporting some form of either filibuster reform/abolishment @admin

I’ve been reading / listening a lot more about this and I’ve not fully come around to eliminating it. We only have another year and a half to take advantage of it, so I hope it happens soon. 

• thanks 1

Popster to Popster 3,689

Appreciate the tag! I am inconsistent with staying up to date with current events/news, so I need to start checking this thread more, because it is important. The situation at the border is so terrible. But I'm glad Murphy took the time to visit to see the injustices against human rights and to candidly share his thoughts. It is important for public awareness. I wish more elected officials made visits like this since I believe it does increase the likelihood for them to stand up and fight for a cause when they see the humans (or other living things) behind it. 

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,587
42 minutes ago, admin said:

I’ve been reading / listening a lot more about this and I’ve not fully come around to eliminating it. We only have another year and a half to take advantage of it, so I hope it happens soon. 

Yeah I know we discussed a couple of weeks back, I don’t think abolishment is the issue, the pendulum would swing back eventually back to the GOP and I’m not gonna lie, maybe I’m naive but I am scared of what they would do with that power....but I think the fact that we can’t pass stuff like voting rights and civil rights laws without a simple majority is truly sad and OUTDATED AS f-. Like come on, we need to make some reform!!! I completely agree!

20 minutes ago, NYNJ Nights said:

Appreciate the tag! I am inconsistent with staying up to date with current events/news, so I need to start checking this thread more, because it is important. The situation at the border is so terrible. But I'm glad Murphy took the time to visit to see the injustices against human rights and to candidly share his thoughts. It is important for public awareness. I wish more elected officials made visits like this since I believe it does increase the likelihood for them to stand up and fight for a cause when they see the humans (or other living things) behind it. 

I appreciate your comment and response! I agree, I think its important for senators to experience these things and see them first hand..maybe that would teach them more compassion when it comes to these issues instead of just making it some political game...it makes me so upset. People need to see the humanity in this and it always gets lost...

it also angers me that GOP senators are the ones making it seem like this is all Biden’s fault for not having deterrence policies when we all know the situation at the border was getting worse and worse and Trump absolutely destroyed the asylum system making it so that they cannot apply for asylum BEFORE they get to the border...family separation policies and “remain in Mexico” weren’t the answers then and they aren’t now....

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,587

I really suggest reading the above article, really interesting to read, further goes to show and describe how Trump butchered his wall immigration policy years ago....thought this was interesting given my message this morning 

@Starboy @admin @Twitter @NotDoctor @blankpaper @blue @WildAmerican @Joannesrats @Joesuda @NYNJ Nights 

• thanks 3

Pop-a-911-ster 32,587

I’m not even gonna get excited...are moderate GOP senators even gonna vote for this?? 

isn’t Collins is too busy being transphobic to care about immigration? :tea:

VACCINE 💉 UPDATE:

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,587

“Biden’s proposal is expected to center on infrastructure spending, with hundreds of billions of dollars to repair the nation’s roads, bridges, waterways and rails. It also includes funding for retrofitting buildings, safety improvements, schools infrastructure, and low-income and tribal groups, as well as $100 billion for schools and education infrastructure.

The infrastructure component is expected to include $400 billion in spending to combat climate change, including $60 billion for infrastructure related to green transit and $46 billion for climate-related research and development. The plan also would aim to make electric-vehicle charging stations available across the country. The measure would also include $200 billion for housing infrastructure, including $100 billion to expand the supply of housing for low-income Americans.

The second component of the effort would include many of Biden’s other domestic priorities. Those include universal prekindergarten and free community college tuition. The package also would dramatically expand spending on child care, and extend for several years the expansion of the child tax credit recently signed into law for just one year as part of the stimulus plan.

The new legislation would also extend subsidies for the Affordable Care Act, as well as free and reduced tuition at historically Black colleges and universities.“

holy sh!t yall...free community college and universal Pre-k......:bradley:

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 1

• MANiCURE1295 changed the title to All Things 🇺🇸Politics: WH aides prep $3T Infrastructure Package
Pop-a-911-ster 32,587

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.com/amp/news/2021/03/15/republicans-fret-eric-greitens-comeback-475737

It’s official that disgraced ex Missouri Republican Governor is running for the US Senate seat left open by Roy Blunt’s retirement...from the article above which I found interesting....

”The maneuvering, which follows Republican Sen. Roy Blunt’s surprise retirement announcement last week, is giving Republicans nightmarish flashbacks to 2012, when they nominated a problematic Missouri Senate candidate, Todd Akin, who went on to lose the election. 

The concerns have grown so serious that former President Donald Trump and those in his orbit have heard from Republicans inside and outside Missouri, who warn that Greitens would be the one GOP candidate who could lose to a Democrat, according to a person familiar with the conversations.”

...I wonder if this could come back to bite the Republicans in the a** in the general election :oops: 

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 4,583
3 hours ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

Biden pledged to divide his major economic agenda items into two parts -- a "rescue" plan, which was signed into law this month, and a "recovery" plan, which he intended to use for a sweeping jobs package with a heavy emphasis on infrastructure. 

This legislation excited me, which means it will all but certainly die in the senate but I can dream 

• paws up 1
  • lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,587
11 minutes ago, NotDoctor said:

This legislation excited me, which means it will all but certainly die in the senate but I can dream 

An infrastructure bill is actually something they can pass via Reconciliation, so like the COVID bill they could pass a bill with a simple majority!!!! If Manchin doesn’t f- things up :katy: 

though I will say reading up on some things in the bill idk if Universal Pre-K and free community college will get through that Budget process kinda like the minimum wage but we’ll see! 

Edited by MANiCURE1295

Pop-a-911-ster 32,587
16 minutes ago, blankpaper said:

That’s...such a big if :bradley:

Literally reading up on what’s potentially in the bill..

universal Pre-K....:bradley:

free community college....:bradley:

400B for fighting climate change....:bradley:

Hundreds of Billions for roads, bridges, highways,etc.....:bradley:

expansion of child tax credit... :bradley:

freaking out GIF

(granted this is early and not at all guaranteed to make it through the final bill but omg) 

PLEASE MANCHIN:nicki_scream:

Kindness Admin 6,892
5 hours ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

An infrastructure bill is actually something they can pass via Reconciliation, so like the COVID bill they could pass a bill with a simple majority!!!! If Manchin doesn’t f- things up :katy: 

though I will say reading up on some things in the bill idk if Universal Pre-K and free community college will get through that Budget process kinda like the minimum wage but we’ll see! 

DROP THE FILBUSTER.

Ugh, and another shooting tonight, it just makes me so sad.

• hugs 1
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,587
8 hours ago, admin said:

DROP THE FILBUSTER.

Ugh, and another shooting tonight, it just makes me so sad.

...it’s just so pathetic...WE NEED SOME SORT OF GUN REFORM!!!!! It’s absolutely sad and pathetic that it’s easier to get a gun than it is to f-ing vote in America....it makes me so mad that we can’t pass simple universal background checks.

If I’m Schumer I’m putting that background check bill that passed the house a week or two ago to the SENATE FLOOR THIS WEEK and forcing every Republican to vote against it if that’s what they want and then let the media rip them apart for it in the midst of these recent shootings.

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 3

Pop-a-911-ster 32,587

@Starboy @admin @Twitter @NotDoctor @blankpaper @blue @WildAmerican @Joannesrats @Joesuda @NYNJ Nights 

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/23/politics/joe-biden-legislative-priority-list/index.html

Nice article posted by CNN today that discusses/gives an update on where things stand on Biden’s legislative agenda when it comes to Gun Control, Infrastructure, Minimum Wage, Immigration and the Filibuster!!! Good read for those who have been out of the loop! I enjoyed the article so I thought I’d share :love:

again, at anytime, please feel free to tell me to stop tagging you if you don’t care. I know it can annoy people! Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy :kiss:

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 3
  • thanks 2

• MANiCURE1295 changed the title to All Things 🇺🇸Politics: 10 Dead in Boulder, CO Shooting
Pop-a-911-ster 32,587
2 minutes ago, NotDoctor said:

I desperately hope that some form of gun legislation can get passed

I think the only hope at this point is to see if they can get the support for the Toomey-Manchin approach. I think it was increased background checks but not necessarily “universal” But I would have to look into the bills for the differences.

Either way even if the filibuster didn’t exist looks like we wouldn’t have Manchin’s support...another perfect oppotunity to use this....

Popster to Popster 4,420

nnnnnn Joe Manchin really thinking the GOP will work with Dems on gun issues (or really anything) the ignorance and the clownery jumped out :leap:

Eliminate the filibuster to get real legislation passed not some watered down nothing that gets enough republican votes but changes nothing

Edited by WildAmerican
  • thanks 2

Pop-a-911-ster 32,587
3 hours ago, WildAmerican said:

nnnnnn Joe Manchin really thinking the GOP will work with Dems on gun issues (or really anything) the ignorance and the clownery jumped out :leap:

Eliminate the filibuster to get real legislation passed not some watered down nothing that gets enough republican votes but changes nothing

Manchin quote from today.....:icant:

"We got to work together here. Why don't you ask people when was the last time they took time to talk to some of the people on this side......try to convince them, or work with them. Have you had dinner with them? Have you had a lunch with them? Have you had a cup of coffee with them? Try something," he said of his colleagues.

he really thinks getting Susan or Mitt a cup of coffee is gonna solve something huh....we’re truly f-ed :katy: 

Popster to Popster 4,420
6 minutes ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

Manchin quote from today.....:icant:

"We got to work together here. Why don't you ask people when was the last time they took time to talk to some of the people on this side......try to convince them, or work with them. Have you had dinner with them? Have you had a lunch with them? Have you had a cup of coffee with them? Try something," he said of his colleagues.

he really thinks getting Susan or Mitt a cup of coffee is gonna solve something huh....we’re truly f-ed :katy: 

ugh. 

Why is it always Democrats responsibility to reach across the aisle or to be the civil, compromising party? No one asks republicans how they're willing to compromise or meet us halfway. Dems are always held to a higher standard and it's real annoying. (ESPECIALLY from the media but that's another conversation)

oVf3NL0.gif

I mean hell, you probably have 40 GOP senators who will blindly vote no on any Biden agenda item no matter what, so why should we have to be the compromising party?? Get rid of the filibuster and get sh!t done

oVf3NL0.gif

Edited by WildAmerican
  • thanks 1
  • yaas, gaga 2

The Fame Popster 401

Thank you for keeping me updated @MANiCURE1295

I wish they'd nuke the filibuster and end the malaise paralyzing congress. It's impossible to argue our do-nothing elected officials should remain passive when people are facing so many horrors and congress has the means to alleviate some of the suffering. 

I appreciate Biden fighting for a big stimulus but I hope they don't act like they've used all of their political capital (or worse, they're saving it for some far off fight) and there's nothing more to be done. *9 to 5 starts playing* Big Structural Change is possible!!!

Edited by blue
  • thanks 1

• MANiCURE1295 changed the title to All Things 🇺🇸 Politics: SCOTUS Officially Overturns Roe Vs Wade - Abortion Now Illegal