• Aretha Franklin
    • Lady GaGa
    • Barbra Streisand
    • P!nk
    • Ariana Grande
    • Christina Aguilera

Popster to Popster 3,792

Title says it all.

After seeing who the greatest female dancers are , now let's see who the greatest female vocalists are! 

Who do you think is the best female vocalist in music? 

Mariah Carey:

Whitney Houston:

Celine Dion:

Beyoncé:

Aretha Franklin:

Lady Gaga:

Barbra Streisand:

P!nk:

Ariana Grande:

Christina Aguilera:

So? 

Edited by Mario44

Popster to Popster 3,792

In my opinion:

1. Mariah Carey - easily the BEST female vocalist, literally no one could touch her when she was in her prime and has a flawless 8-octaves vocal range and her whistle notes and her creativity and experimentation>>>>>>>>>. She is just naturally gifted and her vocal style has influenced every single female vocalist after her.

2. Whitney Houston - she is THE VOICE. The only one that is on the same lane as Mariah. 

3. Celine Dion - Her voice is also powerful and her vocals in her ballads>>>>>. 

4. Aretha Franklin - she's the vocalist that started it all and her vocals were LEGENDARY. 

5. Beyoncé - easily the BEST vocalist of this generation (she's on the same lane as Mariah, Celine and Whitney imo) . She can sing everything (she can do ballads flawlessly too) and she belts her notes flawlessly. Not to mention her versatility in singing is just unmatched. Also she has THE POWER and a SUPERB technique (technique wise, she would be above Aretha) . 

6. Barbra Streisand - her theatrical style of singing is great and also great

7. Lady Gaga - same as Beyonce, she has the versatility, the voice, the power and a wide vocal range. And GREAT technique. She can sing in both raspy and clear vocals very EASILY. 

8. P!nk - She honestly is a better singer (and more talented in the other areas) then what people give her credit for. She has the power and the range. She is also very consistent to sing as well when she dances and does the Acrobatics too. Good technique too. It's time she starts to get the credit she deserves. 

9. Christina Aguilera - in her prime her voice was definitely top tier and she has a beautiful tone, but her technique is kinda questionable. Today may have slowed down a bit but other than that, GREAT singer. 

10. Ariana Grande - Quite good technique, but other than that, she can sing and can whistle too. She's also very good.   

Amy Whinehouse and Jennifer Hudson deserve recognition 

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 3,792
On 9/22/2021 at 4:44 PM, Delusional said:

Hmmmm… this is so hard because everyone’s into a lot of different things but it’s between Mariah and Whitney for me so I won’t vote yet.

Agree. Technically, Mimi and Whitney are pretty even when it comes to vocals. 

• shook 1

Moderator 4,653

I voted Gaga. I'm basing my vote on who I've actually seen live. I think thats the best way to judge vocals.

Out of that list I've seen Gaga, Xtina and Ariana. To me a vocalist isnt someone who has a strong voice, but also someone that can touch me and tell a good story in their performance. I totally felt her when Gaga performed Joanne in front of me (literally)

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,792
On 9/22/2021 at 8:04 PM, Dirkje said:

I voted Gaga. I'm basing my vote on who I've actually seen live. I think thats the best way to judge vocals.

Gaga's vocals especially during ASIB are SUPERB and she honestly sounds better live and in acoustics.

• paws up 1

Moderator 4,653
On 9/22/2021 at 9:05 PM, Mario44 said:

Gaga's vocals especially during ASIB are SUPERB and she honestly sounds better live and in acoustics.

yeah it says a lot when half of the cinema cries after ARUTW

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,792
On 9/22/2021 at 9:17 PM, Dirkje said:

yeah it says a lot when half of the cinema cries after ARUTW

ARUTW is just.... Mesmerizing🔥❤️

The whole soundtrack and the movie proves how talented she is. 

• love 1

Popster to Popster 3,792

Also, @Dirkje the reason I added Pink is because she literally NEVER gets the recognition she deserves and it's time she gets her props for her talent. She is a great vocalist, but she's also a talented dancer, performer and songwriter. 

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Moderator 4,653
On 9/22/2021 at 9:30 PM, Mario44 said:

Also, @Dirkje the reason I added Pink is because she literally NEVER gets the recognition she deserves and it's time she gets her props for her talent. She is a great vocalist, but she's also a talented dancer, performer and songwriter. 

true! If she didnt make her tourprices so rediculously high, I would love to see her! 

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,792
On 9/22/2021 at 9:33 PM, Dirkje said:

true! If she didnt make her tourprices so rediculously high, I would love to see her! 

MTE

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,792
On 9/22/2021 at 9:58 PM, Miaou said:

2 lives of Gaga put her in the top 5 

it’s incredible 

YES!!!

Popster to Popster 3,689

1st tier: Mariah and Whitney

2nd tier: Beyoncé, Gaga, Aretha 

Glad you highlighted Pink :love:She's often forgotten but such a consistent force over the last 20+ years.

I think another underrated vocalist is Kesha after hearing ballads like Praying. I think she got a bad break, but could have been close to Gaga's level if it wasn't for Dr. Luke. The talent is definitely there. 

Edited by nynj nights
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 3,792
On 9/23/2021 at 6:03 AM, nynj nights said:

1st tier: Mariah and Whitney

2nd tier: Beyoncé, Gaga, Aretha 

Glad you highlighted Pink :love:She's often forgotten but such a consistent force over the last 20+ years.

I think another underrated vocalist is Kesha after hearing ballads like Praying. I think she got a bad break, but could have been close to Gaga's level if it wasn't for Dr. Luke. The talent is definitely there. 

i sooo agree with you. i think no one is seeing Beyonce  or Gaga in this generation of vocalists (but ofc Mariah, Celine and Whitney are untouchable).

and yes, you're right.

• yaas, gaga 1