GGD talk thread

EuphoricVibez

Just now, Fernando said:

Well I did go through the introduction thread which also got messy

Trust me when I say that, yes, this conversation is getting heated. However, we have reasons for voicing, and expressing our frustrations. It's nowhere near like what's happening on GGD. :tea:

• paws up 2

Popster This Way 821
5 minutes ago, Kattys said:

Guys it’s not just drama for me, I am really concerned :( I spent in this place 7 years of my life. 

Believe me, I know. I spent ten years there, and speaking out against racism got me banned, and then people started dragging me on the forum and my personal Instagram saying I was bitter I didn't get picked for mod. 

I wanted to be a mod to make the change they weren't willing to. Look how that turned out. :unamused:

I want everyone to start fresh here and actually have fun, feel safe and feel HEARD. 

• paws up 14
  • thanks 1

The Fame Popster 318
6 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Yes but that’s the thing. A lot of the users in here (not all ofc) were some of the messiest on GGD. And with a large influx of new users comes toxicity as well. I’m honestly very disappointed on the way the GGD moderation team has handled the situation but I can tell that with this mass migration will come problems for this forum. I can already see the messiness starting to pop up, and it will most likely get worse as more members join.

problems are problems anywhere, here we'll be able to discuss them though, that's the difference

Edited by ice bear
  • paws up 2

4 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Yes but that’s the thing. A lot of the users in here (not all ofc) were some of the messiest on GGD. And with a large influx of new users comes toxicity as well. I’m honestly very disappointed on the way the GGD moderation team has handled the situation but I can tell that with this mass migration will come problems for this forum. I can already see the messiness starting to pop up, and it will most likely get worse as more members join.

We need to build a wall... and MAKE GGD PAY FOR IT!

wall GIF

• thanks 1
  • lol 3
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster This Way 821
2 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

He hasn't been active lately, I hope he is okay :classic_sad:

I've talked with him. He was very upset about what GGD did and I think is taking a step back from forums. 

• paws up 6

The Fame Popster 264
1 minute ago, Fernando said:

Well I did go through the introduction thread which also got messy

people are VERY reactive rn. Getting tossed out of a website you've spent a long time on is a slap in the face especially when a lot of fellow users are being treated the same. The frustration and subsequent negativity is understandable.

The thing is there needs to be a time and place to air those grievances which just so happens to be now. I imagine people can vent and then reconvene and continue on doing whatever on this forum and abiding by the rules. We'll see what happens and hopefully toxicity will go away and be kept to a minimum but at the end of the day everyone is human.

• paws up 7

16 minutes ago, Gov Hooka said:

if i may speak in defense of her, she was one of the main users dragging admin for the islamophobia back in January and engaging him on all the now deleted threads (god he really is just so typical and clearly repeating the same tactics smh). Anyway but that's just my personal experience with her posts and I find myself agreeing with her especially against all the xenophobia. but idk what yall think and that's how complex EVERYTHING is because we all have different interactions with one another and there's very little clarity and everything is nuanced. 

my biggest issue with GGD was that interactions were overpoliced and arguments ending with heavy doses of wp's when clearly problematic users often werent banned...

Oh no absolutely! I agree that whenever I've encountered her on the topic of islamophobia, she is very well-spoken and knows exactly what she is saying, I've often applauded her comments whenever there are instances of islamophobia and xenophobia on the other forum. I mean, people are complex and multifaceted, and if that's an area of knowledge for her I'm glad she uses it to speak up for it. I don't think what I said earlier takes away from that, it just goes to show we all have areas of strength and areas of growth. 

• paws up 5

Pop visitors
39 minutes ago, lgaga1fan said:

Remembering the time that there was a thread about Grandma Gaga and someone came in and did c*m tributes for Gaga and their dick looked like it was burnt :oscar:

must've happened before I joined

ARTPOPster 1,331

Gurl, the way when I joined in September, never would I've thought NorthKorea Daily will go into shambles this soon!

Please it's a request, to be loving, caring and kind and just pop a 911.

Also hoping GGD cupcakiness and annoyance doesn't latch itself to this beautiful of a forum.

Xoxo, Tinder/The Blessed Madonna from Ratdaily.

• paws up 3

Gaming Leader 1,283
x2
2 minutes ago, Doot said:

I've talked with him. He was very upset about what GGD did and I think is taking a step back from forums. 

I'll miss him, I hope he's okay and I understand his decision. He's a great member and makes the place more happier and fuller.

• paws up 1

• admin locked this topic