GGD talk thread

EuphoricVibez

The Fame Popster 451

The difference between this and GGD so far is that this has a very anti-discriminatory slant and kindness is being encouraged instead of being labelled pompous :oscar:

• paws up 4

Popster This Way 821
Just now, SwissMonster said:

Yes maybe I overreacted a bit. But I was in fact referring to the the not civil comments and should‘ve outlined that, I agree. And I was happy to see that it got more and more civil towards the end

I just don‘t wanna be pushed on a side where I don‘t belong too, that‘s all.

Start making some fun threads! 

Community Leader 2,817
1 minute ago, Kattys said:

Guys it’s not just drama for me, I am really concerned :( I spent in this place 7 years of my life. 

I only spent 4, but it’s still sad. I haven’t been banned and I will probably still use both forums, but so far I like this one more. At least tonight. 

Edited by Joannesrats
  • paws up 1

Gaming Leader 8,440

I do want to reassure @admin. This forum will receive mass traffic tonight and for the next following weeks, but I do have hope in it. It won't turn like that daily disaster, it's just that this very thread here is heated because of our frustration. 

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1
  • lol 1

Moderator 6,288
Just now, SwissMonster said:

Yes maybe I overreacted a bit. But I was in fact referring to the the not civil comments and should‘ve outlined that, I agree. And I was happy to see that it got more and more civil towards the end

I just don‘t wanna be pushed on a side where I don‘t belong too, that‘s all.

Ok. My apologies for lumping you with them. Hopefully moving forward we’ll have more pleasant interactions.

• paws up 2

Kindness Admin 6,892
11 minutes ago, iamsorry said:

Thank you. I won't be staying but I just wanted to let people know how I'm feeling rn and that I am truly sorry. I understand everything and I see how affected people are by my ignorance and unwillingness to listen and to say I'm sorry. Thank you for being nice even tho I don't deserve any of it. 

I've said elsewhere, but everyone is welcome here. I also had very positive reactions to you back in GGD, you're not an awful human. We all mess up, it's hard.

7 minutes ago, Modern Ecstasy2 said:

Yeah, Shadow is here 

Be nice.

4 minutes ago, Fernando said:

The fact that we are moving over here bc of the toxicity on GGD yet it seems like the toxicity has moved over here as well, except this place I assume has better moderation. This isn’t meant in a shady way, it’s just food for thought. I read this thread and it’s all almost GGD 2.0.

There's a lot of tension and drama right now. I'm also not going to go on a ban spree for fun, that would be counterproductive. Also also, we don't have any mods yet (although we will need some soon), so it's just me. But obviously, people need to discuss everything that's happening and that's fair. But as I stickied, people should discuss kindness first.

• paws up 14

The Fame Popster 264
1 minute ago, EuphoricVibez said:

We just all needed somewhere to vent out our frustrations. At least I made a thread where it could be contained instead of, you know, invading every thread on here.

totally get that. the energy needs to be vented out so that way everyone can move forward. at this point what's done is done and i expect more users will be banned there or trickle in. who knows 

3 minutes ago, Fernando said:

The fact that we are moving over here bc of the toxicity on GGD yet it seems like the toxicity has moved over here as well, except this place I assume has better moderation. This isn’t meant in a shady way, it’s just food for thought. I read this thread and it’s all almost GGD 2.0.

Most of us spent many years there, and we got thrown out like trash. We saw the site devolve into a shadow of its former self.

It will settle down and everyone will calm down soon, this is the first time where we can speak freely in a long time.

• paws up 3

Just now, NFRockwell said:

Hopefully it doesn’t stay like this for long. I want a no bs / drama forum and so does the admin here. Just because we’re somewhere new doesn’t mean we can start acting up :uhh:

Yes but that’s the thing. A lot of the users in here (not all ofc) were some of the messiest on GGD. And with a large influx of new users comes toxicity as well. I’m honestly very disappointed on the way the GGD moderation team has handled the situation but I can tell that with this mass migration will come problems for this forum. I can already see the messiness starting to pop up, and it will most likely get worse as more members join.

• paws up 2

1 minute ago, Modern Ecstasy2 said:

I think it’s fair for people to be given a space to share experiences and vent their feelings.

At some point though I think it is appropriate to leave the past behind & focus on the present. 

I understand what you mean, but for now, we just need to let out all our anger, pain, disappointment, rage, whatever you wanna describe it as. It's heated right now, but far from being toxic.

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 17,088
6 minutes ago, Fernando said:

I mean, this thread is literally called GGD talk

0F31E171-C6C5-4B65-851B-EDD274E2193D.thu

• lol 9

2 minutes ago, Doot said:

This thread is specifically for those to discuss what is happening on the other form. It's not going to devolve into GGD 2.0. 

People have a right to voice their frustrations as what happened over there is disgusting and wrong. 

I completly agree. But I understand @Fernandos concerns.

I really do hope this will be a better place but it also is a lot of work to keep it that way.

I hope the @admin has a concept and is working with people on how to keep this site enjoyable for everyone! I already saw some, rightfully banned users from GGD here. I hope everything turns out well!

• paws up 3

Kindness Admin 6,892
2 minutes ago, Kattys said:

Guys it’s not just drama for me, I am really concerned :( I spent in this place 7 years of my life. 

I had the same struggle. I made this site because a bunch of us from the old Charts thread had an outside space to stay connected. I really, really loved GGD (and still love a lot of it). But things change and now that we have a new site, we can do better and foster the same community with more kindness and awareness. And games, of course.

• paws up 3
  • yaas, gaga 2

Kindness Admin 6,892
Just now, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

@admin I was thinking of promoting this site on my channel, so this site can grow. What do you think?

Of course, you're an angel.

• paws up 1

The Popster 162
22 minutes ago, Clever Username said:

spacer.png

This is what i was referring to as the meltdown

Oh period she’s referring to me

The switch up between that and the apology is sudden. But if she wants to change she has to decide that for herself and maybe she will, I don’t know. But she was very much a dogwhistle racist

• admin locked this topic