GGD talk thread

EuphoricVibez

4 minutes ago, iamsorry said:

Hello everyone. You know me as "Regina George" from GGD and I only made this account here to share what I have to say and my intention after that is to log out and not bother any of you anymore here or on GGD because it is clear to me I am not wanted. I know majority of you don't like me and probably don't care about what I have to say but I really needed to share my thoughts before I leave these websites. 

First of all I am sorry to anyone that felt personally attacked by me in any way, shape or form. I thought about what I wrote on that forum and how insensitive I was to some people on here. I want you to know that it was never personal, it was never out of hate, it was only out of my own ignorance and out of my own unwillingness to listen to others and to actually confess when I'm wrong. I am sorry to everyone that was affected by my ignorance and my words. I am truly sorry. This situation and recent posts on GGD that were targeted towards me really showed me how unlikable I am as a person and it made me realize how my ignorant words affected many of you. I am not a bad person, I am not doing things out of hate and my intentions were never to harm any of you. I truly hope you can forgive me but I understand if you don't. Once again I am sorry and I am honestly devastated by some opinions you have about me. I wish you all well and take care. <3

That is very kind of you. Have you been banned too? Be welcome

Beyonce Blow Kiss GIF by Recording Academy / GRAMMYs

• paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 1

The Fame Popster 264
6 minutes ago, Franz Ferdinand said:

`she's just.... I honestly think she comes across as a person who thinks they have no more room for growth tbh. Like, even when in regular conversation someone tries to point out that something she is saying may come across as offensive or discriminatory, her first reaction is defensiveness and claiming she has never acted in a discriminatory way in her life (which, lets be real, we ALL have bc we are human), and it rubs many of us the wrong way because she really refuses to engage in discussion and then tries to paint other people as inflexible.

if i may speak in defense of her, she was one of the main users dragging admin for the islamophobia back in January and engaging him on all the now deleted threads (god he really is just so typical and clearly repeating the same tactics smh). Anyway but that's just my personal experience with her posts and I find myself agreeing with her especially against all the xenophobia. but idk what yall think and that's how complex EVERYTHING is because we all have different interactions with one another and there's very little clarity and everything is nuanced. 

my biggest issue with GGD was that interactions were overpoliced and arguments ending with heavy doses of wp's when clearly problematic users often werent banned...

• paws up 5

The Popster 162
6 minutes ago, iamsorry said:

Hello everyone. You know me as "Regina George" from GGD and I only made this account here to share what I have to say and my intention after that is to log out and not bother any of you anymore here or on GGD because it is clear to me I am not wanted. I know majority of you don't like me and probably don't care about what I have to say but I really needed to share my thoughts before I leave these websites. 

First of all I am sorry to anyone that felt personally attacked by me in any way, shape or form. I thought about what I wrote on that forum and how insensitive I was to some people on here. I want you to know that it was never personal, it was never out of hate, it was only out of my own ignorance and out of my own unwillingness to listen to others and to actually confess when I'm wrong. I am sorry to everyone that was affected by my ignorance and my words. I am truly sorry. This situation and recent posts on GGD that were targeted towards me really showed me how unlikable I am as a person and it made me realize how my ignorant words affected many of you. I am not a bad person, I am not doing things out of hate and my intentions were never to harm any of you. I truly hope you can forgive me but I understand if you don't. Once again I am sorry and I am honestly devastated by some opinions you have about me. I wish you all well and take care. <3

Man, I didn't even know you were even considered "problematic".
But if you own up to your faults then that's what really matters. That shows you truly care about what you've said and it's growth. I don't think many would mind you staying, although it's completely up to you. :gaga-thanks:

• paws up 3

7 minutes ago, iamsorry said:

Dissenting opinions are always needed to keep a progressive, forward-thinking society / forum. You should treat this as a fresh start and stay. Your apology is a great leap forward. :)

• paws up 4
  • thanks 1

1 minute ago, EuphoricVibez said:

I'm just glad you owned up to what you did unlike other users, admin, and mods on there. I'm proud of you for that. You just need to understand that what you did was wrong, and it did hurt some users. You're more than welcome to stay, but please have more of an open mind on certain things. Now do you understand what we've tried telling you? You can always learn from your mistakes. Nobody's perfect, hon. Just remember that

Thank you. I won't be staying but I just wanted to let people know how I'm feeling rn and that I am truly sorry. I understand everything and I see how affected people are by my ignorance and unwillingness to listen and to say I'm sorry. Thank you for being nice even tho I don't deserve any of it. 

• paws up 5

Community Leader 454
2 minutes ago, Doot said:

michael myers dancing GIF

I'm just over here watching Halloween II and watching the never ending chaos. I hope everyone had a wonderful day. 

I'll be making some fun threads later (as y'all know I do :oscar:)

Let’s play ‘Rate the Room’ again 

• yaas, gaga 3

1 minute ago, SLAG said:

Google it.

Mature respons. You should read that:

2 minutes ago, admin said:

A reminder. Please don't attack anyone personally. Here, from GGD or anywhere else. Be kind, even to those you think have been unkind to you. We aim to be better here.

I was on NO side in that Thread you are refering too. I only wanted a calm civil talk there.

I definitely see all actions by the mods on GGD as wrong, especially the bannings now.

The only reason I visit GGD is for the Games, Globalvision, AA and my own game. I should‘ve never gotten in discussion there in the first place.

So don‘t push me in a direction where I don‘t see myself and don‘t belong too.

• yaas, gaga 1

The Fame Popster 451
1 minute ago, Gov Hooka said:

my biggest issue with GGD was that interactions were overpoliced and arguments ending with heavy doses of wp's when clearly problematic users often werent banned...

This especially. People who were brash got warned but people who were either bullies in private or hid their hate behind fake kindness were always welcome and even made moderators :leap:

• paws up 1

9 minutes ago, iamsorry said:

Owning up to your mistakes already makes you a better person than kirill and the mods that wete involved in this situation. So you have my total respect!

• paws up 6

Community Leader 2,817
9 minutes ago, iamsorry said:

I never had a truly negative experience with you and I know you’re a kind person, but please try to understand why it hurt some people. You’re welcome to stay, and hopefully help foster a new forum of positivity and introspection:gaga-thanks:

• paws up 5

Just now, iamsorry said:

Thank you. I won't be staying but I just wanted to let people know how I'm feeling rn and that I am truly sorry. I understand everything and I see how affected people are by my ignorance and unwillingness to listen and to say I'm sorry. Thank you for being nice even tho I don't deserve any of it. 

You're more than welcome to stay. You don't have to leave. If you ever need to talk to me, you know where messenger is :ally:

• paws up 5

• admin locked this topic