Gaming Lounge

Gone

Kindness Admin 6,892

Just jumping in to restate I think about hades most of my day, haha. I'm now 21 runs in and still haven't escaped, I keep losing to (maybe) the final boss. Update soon.

Also, Hearthstone announced some pretty great changes coming to the game with the new year (End of March for Hearthstone). If any of you have ever debated joining, that would be a pretty fab time to do so!

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 4,583
50 minutes ago, admin said:

Just jumping in to restate I think about hades most of my day, haha. I'm now 21 runs in and still haven't escaped, I keep losing to (maybe) the final boss. Update soon.

Also, Hearthstone announced some pretty great changes coming to the game with the new year (End of March for Hearthstone). If any of you have ever debated joining, that would be a pretty fab time to do so!

What're your fav weapons/boons so far?

Kindness Admin 6,892
3 hours ago, NotDoctor said:

What're your fav weapons/boons so far?

The Eternal Spear is my bff. Love that thing. I also surprisingly can get into almost all the weapons tho. My preference is basically always to attack from afar -> that said I find it impossible to do very well with the bow and arrow.

For boons I just ALWAYS WANT FROST, haha. Like in all games, my fave. I also love whenever I can deflect or add chain attacks/lightning.

What're your go-tos?

Deactivated 14,311
4 hours ago, admin said:

I’m getting the Hades physical! I have debated joining - is it free:whatga:

Kindness Admin 6,892
Just now, Bakugo said:

I’m getting the Hades physical! I have debated joining - is it free:whatga:

YASSSS, DO it. I only buy digital Switch games cause I can't be bothered to lose them all, lol.

Ummmmmm. Well, yes in that you can play forever for free. No in that the game is pretty expensive to build a collection. That said, they give a lot more away these days just by playing, but it would be very hard to build a lot of good decks, you'd probably have to prioritize if you want to do really well.

But there are also lots of modes that are free all the time; including lots of single player stuff and Battlegrounds, Hearthstone's auto-battler, which is just one of the most fun things I've ever played. I play as much Battlegrounds as I do regular Hearthstone and fully support joining for that alone.

Deactivated 14,311
16 minutes ago, admin said:

YASSSS, DO it. I only buy digital Switch games cause I can't be bothered to lose them all, lol.

Ummmmmm. Well, yes in that you can play forever for free. No in that the game is pretty expensive to build a collection. That said, they give a lot more away these days just by playing, but it would be very hard to build a lot of good decks, you'd probably have to prioritize if you want to do really well.

But there are also lots of modes that are free all the time; including lots of single player stuff and Battlegrounds, Hearthstone's auto-battler, which is just one of the most fun things I've ever played. I play as much Battlegrounds as I do regular Hearthstone and fully support joining for that alone.

You do understand I collect physical Yugioh cards. Price isn’t a concern here :icant:

I need a new card game its getting stale! 

I have to get physical coz my man and I share :cm:

Popster to Popster 4,583
1 hour ago, admin said:

The Eternal Spear is my bff. Love that thing. I also surprisingly can get into almost all the weapons tho. My preference is basically always to attack from afar -> that said I find it impossible to do very well with the bow and arrow.

For boons I just ALWAYS WANT FROST, haha. Like in all games, my fave. I also love whenever I can deflect or add chain attacks/lightning.

What're your go-tos?

I love the fists and the bow, but the shield, sword and spear are all great.  The only weapon I don't love is the gun but it has its moments.

As far as boons, Dionysus for hangover, Athena's dash, Demeter's cast, Zeus for lightning/jolt, Hermes dash/shield and Aphrodite's ult are all favorites but I'm pretty flexible with what I use

• yaas, gaga 1

Kindness Admin 6,892

Well, that pokémon event did not do it for me.

Not in love with the remake art style (nor do I have a super desire to play them anyway) and the new spinoff looks, honestly, terrible. Maybe they'll pull it off, but I really think that entire company needs a lot of new blood.

Popster to Popster 4,583

Unlike the so-called "Kindess" Admin, I'm pretty excited about the new pokemon games.  I'm glad to see GameFreak trying something new and trying to give what players have been begging for.  

Daimond and Pearl are my favorite generation (well tied with Ruby/Sapphire I guess) and I'm happy to have easier access to them.  I'm very glad things like dynamax got thrown in the trash and aren't coming back for it.  I'm happy that it's more of a remaster than a remake; the original was great and I can wait to sink back into it without half baked new mechanics shoved in for no reason 

Edited by NotDoctor

Kindness Admin 6,892
17 minutes ago, NotDoctor said:

Unlike the so-called "Kindess" Admin, I'm pretty excited about the new pokemon games.  I'm glad to see GameFreak trying something new and trying to give what players have been begging for.  

@NotDoctor:

revenge of the sith episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

• lol 1

Deactivated 14,311
5 hours ago, admin said:

Well, that pokémon event did not do it for me.

Not in love with the remake art style (nor do I have a super desire to play them anyway) and the new spinoff looks, honestly, terrible. Maybe they'll pull it off, but I really think that entire company needs a lot of new blood.

THE REMAKE STYLE WTF! It’s like they tried to do that similar Zelda style that was just released but failed so badly! 

How Pokemon has remained to be successful and not change anything majorly kills me / where companies like Level 5 with their Yo-Kai Watch gets gutted in the west because it was too “japanese” confuses me! 

Lets not talk about the p*ss poor framerate for Arceus game:icant:

• paws up 1

Deactivated 14,311
4 hours ago, NotDoctor said:

Daimond and Pearl are my favorite generation (well tied with Ruby/Sapphire I guess) and I'm happy to have easier access to them.  I'm very glad things like dynamax got thrown in the trash and aren't coming back for it.  I'm happy that it's more of a remaster than a remake; the original was great and I can wait to sink back into it without half baked new mechanics shoved in for no reason 

WHERE IS THIS NEW THING?:icant:

Deactivated 14,311
1 minute ago, NotDoctor said:

You're right, legends is exactly the same as every game Game Freak has ever done 

The Rock Reaction GIF by WWE

It’s Breath of the wild with pokeballs. Why do people who fan make one on Unreal Engine it looks 100000000x better?

ANYWAYS I would have preferred both of the games merged together... 

The Premake isn’t doing it for me. I would prefer Sw&Sh style at the very least. HOWEVER, saying this, it isn’t a Let’s Go and thats better.

At least it is accurate to how it use to look but on switch. It is very mobile. 

Spoiler

Not these complaints coming from someone who plays Stardew Valley :icant:

It just feels dated. I’ll get it 100% though still. 

Kindness Admin 6,892
7 minutes ago, NotDoctor said:

You're right, legends is exactly the same as every game Game Freak has ever done 

The Rock Reaction GIF by WWE

For me that trailer showed me the illusion of something different, but I'm not very convinced. I really do hope it's new and exciting, but they have not earned it in my eyes. It looked like someone with a twelve dollar budget made a pokémon x BTW crossover. But the graphics are for sure ancillary. If the game is actually amazing and a breath of fresh air I will be SO EXCITED. But they gonna have to prove it.

• paws up 1

Deactivated 14,311

Why my expectations for Game Freak are so high! 

I am a HUGE fan of the Yokai watch series and they have nowhere near the budget that Pokemon has... yet Level 5 can push it and deliver. 

Popster to Popster 4,583
5 minutes ago, Bakugo said:

It’s Breath of the wild with pokeballs. Why do people who fan make one on Unreal Engine it looks 100000000x better?

ANYWAYS I would have preferred both of the games merged together... 

The Premake isn’t doing it for me. I would prefer Sw&Sh style at the very least. HOWEVER, saying this, it isn’t a Let’s Go and thats better.

At least it is accurate to how it use to look but on switch. It is very mobile. 

Reveal hidden contents

Not these complaints coming from someone who plays Stardew Valley :icant:

It just feels dated. I’ll get it 100% though still. 

I'm not arguing that it's wholly groundbreaking or new for the industry but it's something new for the franchise, and I'd rather that then SWSH or the millionth remake of Red and Blue.

1 minute ago, admin said:

For me that trailer showed me the illusion of something different, but I'm not very convinced. I really do hope it's new and exciting, but they have not earned it in my eyes. It looked like someone with a twelve dollar budget made a pokémon x BTW crossover. But the graphics are for sure ancillary. If the game is actually amazing and a breath of fresh air I will be SO EXCITED. But they gonna have to prove it.

And that's totally fair.  If it ships with a sh!t framerate and a sparse/empty, ps2 era open world then f- them but this is early stage gameplay and I'd rather give it a fair shake than completely dismiss it based off of one short trailer

• paws up 1