Are you vegetarian/vegan?

danwasd

A Popster Is Born 13,703

I'm just curious, are you vegetarian or vegan? Or even pescatarian?

I'm a vegetarian (ovolacteovegetarian, to be fair) myself, as I cannot live without milk nor eggs (:ohhh:).

tenor.gif?itemid=18924714

• paws up 1

Moderator 4,653

No. I grew up in a shopping mall and above a poulterer so yeah. I just cant resist the meat. 

But I try to eat as much organic meat as possible!

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 20,852
9 minutes ago, Delusional said:

I eat meat but I wish I didn’t. I also feel so bad while eating meat it’s awful, like I don’t care whether humans were made to eat animals or whatever - it’s weird asf we eat other living things that have souls and lives of their own :unamused:  I’ll definitely consider veganism or vegetarianism in the future 

I’m here for you if you need any tips and pointers on how to make the process easier :gaga-thanks:

• hugs 1

RIP Angel 1,992

None. I grew up in a culture where most delicacies are meat-heavy. So I eat a lot of meat. I also live in a third world country and meat is just more affordable and sustainable than a vegan/vegetarian diet.

Edited by Daylight Oreos
  • paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 27,970
1 minute ago, Delusional said:

Oh my god 

don’t get me started :rip:

So many people just get triggered by someone mentioning veganism it’s sad

why would it be sad not to eat corpses? :ohhh:

• lol 2

A Popster Is Born 13,703
23 minutes ago, Andreu said:

INB4 this thread is full of dumb annoying offended Meatheads like the ones from GGD

Was back there a thread like that? :mess:

Edited by danwasd

Pop-a-911-ster 20,852
1 hour ago, Delusional said:

Oh my god 

don’t get me started :rip:

So many people just get triggered by someone mentioning veganism it’s sad

I literally have to hide it from a lot of people, cause the second I casually mention that I don’t meat I get accused of pushing my views onto others :mess:

• sad 2

Pop-a-911-ster 27,970
2 hours ago, danwasd said:

Was back there a thread like that? :mess:

they serve the same energy as the straights saying "they push their lifestyles onto us !1!1!1!!!!" with vegetarianism

• lol 1

A Popster Is Born 13,703
Just now, Andreu said:

they serve the same energy as the straights saying "they push their lifestyles onto us !1!1!1!!!!" with vegetarianism

I cannot :dead:

Popster to Popster 4,583

I would love to be but it's taking me a while to get there.  I've had disordered eating my whole life so I have to be careful about changing my food patterns without totally spiraling to bad places.  I don't know that I'd ever want to or be able to go full vegan but we'll see.  Also I'm very careful about where my meat/dairy/eggs are sourced so I don't in any direct way support factory farming 

I've pretty much cut out pork entirely and will probably try to phase out beef next.  Chickens though....... Chickens are a-holes so f- them

Edited by NotDoctor
  • paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,752
3 hours ago, ... said:

Plant-heavy diet here.

I need my eggs and seafood, occasionally some meat.

Same here. I eat chicken on occasion when I get takeaway and beef very seldomly, like every few months. I also switched to non-dairy milk.

I don't eat that much fish either really, but I do rely on eggs a lot.

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 13,703
43 minutes ago, NotDoctor said:

I would love to be but it's taking me a while to get there.  I've had disordered eating my whole life so I have to be careful about changing my food patterns without totally spiraling to bad places.  I don't know that I'd ever want to or be able to go full vegan but we'll see.  Also I'm very carefully about where my meat/dairy/eggs are sourced so I don't in any direct way support factory farming 

I've pretty much cut out pork entirely and will probably try to phase out beef next.  Chickens though....... Chickens are a-holes so f- them

poor @gagaschickens :bradley:

• lol 3

Popstanne 5,076

I am not, but I am slowly transitioning toward vegetarian eating. I don't eat much dairy anyway because I'm lactose intolerant, but I love eggs, so I probably wouldn't become vegan. I don't feel good about eating mammals and am finding alternatives that work with my lifestyle. I've realized that I don't like fake meat and would prefer to eat foods that don't need to have meat or meat substitute –– for example, I'd rather just have a marinara sauce with my pasta than a red sauce with fake meat. I do a lot of Asian cooking, so it's quite easy to eliminate meat in those dishes. 

The reason I haven't fully transitioned is that I'm staying with my parents to help out during the pandemic, and my mom already has so many dietary restrictions (low-carb, low-sodium) that I can't expect them to also give up meat. If I'm just cooking for myself then I'll often make something meatless, but if I'm cooking for all of us or if they're cooking for me the there might be meat involved. Once we move past the virus and I'm back to living on my own, it will be much easier for me to incorporate more meatless meals into my diet. 

• paws up 4

A Popster Is Born 13,703
4 minutes ago, Franch Toast said:

I am not, but I am slowly transitioning toward vegetarian eating. I don't eat much dairy anyway because I'm lactose intolerant, but I love eggs, so I probably wouldn't become vegan. I don't feel good about eating mammals and am finding alternatives that work with my lifestyle. I've realized that I don't like fake meat and would prefer to eat foods that don't need to have meat or meat substitute –– for example, I'd rather just have a marinara sauce with my pasta than a red sauce with fake meat. I do a lot of Asian cooking, so it's quite easy to eliminate meat in those dishes. 

The reason I haven't fully transitioned is that I'm staying with my parents to help out during the pandemic, and my mom already has so many dietary restrictions (low-carb, low-sodium) that I can't expect them to also give up meat. If I'm just cooking for myself then I'll often make something meatless, but if I'm cooking for all of us or if they're cooking for me the there might be meat involved. Once we move past the virus and I'm back to living on my own, it will be much easier for me to incorporate more meatless meals into my diet. 

That's so cute to read :classic_love:

Fraench toasts are vegetarian, so... :oscar:

• lol 1

ARTPOPster 2,450

No but I don’t generally eat red meat or pork and I’m trying to incorporate more fish and seafood to cut down on chicken. I’ve tried to go vegetarian a few times but I never stick with it since I just feel off the whole time

• paws up 1