Your Song of the Week (2021.01.19)

Lorde Von Kok

Gaming Leader 8,440

Welcome to the Song of the Week thread

Every Monday, I will create a thread for us to spill and share the new (or old) song we discovered (or re-discovred) and can't stop streaming.

This is the third official week of 2021, and let's get right into it.

image0.gif

Why do you like it? How did you discovered it?

For example:

My song of the week is, once again,  two songs.

But I Want by Young Thug

Spoiler

and

Butterfly by Grimes.

Spoiler

I randomly discovered But I Want while exploring Young Thug's spotify profile page, and just loved the instrumental. It's very cheesy and 2011, but I love it. It makes me feel empowered. Embarassing, but a bop.

As for Butterfly, I was listening like crazy to all Grimes albums after lacking inspiration, and she literally enlightened me with Visions and Art Angels. I was so inspired and moved by Butterfly that I couldn't stop streaming it on repeat, blasting my headphones with the amazing bass, vocal and synths.

...and you, what's your song of the week?

• yaas, gaga 2

Popster to Popster 3,752

Mine is this version of Empire State of Mind. I put together a small playlist that reminds me of 2008/9 last week and ofc included this classic.

Spoiler

Plus it is almost the one year anniversary of me performing for the first time in NYC and also f*cking up by turning down a job in NYC because I didn't know what was going to happen with the pandemic :katy:

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 4,583

I don't really love this song and I'm pretty ambivalent on Madonna but I haven't been able to get away from 4 Minutes this week for some reason.  Maybe I just need a song about something ending to send off Trump :billie:

Edited by NotDoctor
  • lol 1

A Popster Is Born 13,703

I've not been really listening to any discovery this week, so my song of the week is going to be Who's Laughing Now by Ms. Ava Max, I'm really into her these times

Spoiler

• shook 1

Gaming Leader 8,440
2 hours ago, GitHub said:

Mine is this version of Empire State of Mind. I put together a small playlist that reminds me of 2008/9 last week and ofc included this classic.

Reveal hidden contents

Plus it is almost the one year anniversary of me performing for the first time in NYC and also f*cking up by turning down a job in NYC because I didn't know what was going to happen with the pandemic :katy:

I love Empire State of Mind, Pt. II ... the Alicia Keys solo version? This reminds me of that.

2 hours ago, Twitter said:

Reminds me of @Doot Bops & Bangers

spacer.png

Love both songs though!

I didn't know this, but let's dedicate this week to the Great @Doot

2 hours ago, NotDoctor said:

I don't really love this song and I'm pretty ambivalent on Madonna but I haven't been able to get away from 4 Minutes this week for some reason.  Maybe I just need a song about something ending to send off Trump :billie:

4 MINUTES IS SUCH A BOP YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

1 hour ago, Ms I am a local said:

I recently discovered this song thanks to a series released in 2000 called Queer As Folk. It's such a club banger!

Giving me very 2000s Eurovision Dance Club Scene. Far from my favorite genre, but I can see myself bopping to this!

1 hour ago, Daylight Oreos said:

Cuz I missed those adlibs that didn't make it to the final version.

WTF I NEVER HEARD THIS BEFORE ?!?!?!? I LOVE IT :bradley: GYPSY TOP 2 FROM ARTPOP :bradley:

1 hour ago, blankpaper said:

Seventh Heaven by Beck. I’ve been really into Beck for some reason lately? The chorus of this song reminds me of the feeling of running through festival gates :bradley:

Awn, I know that feeling. I miss it so much too. I LOVE All Night, the main single from that album.

1 hour ago, danwasd said:

I've not been really listening to any discovery this week, so my song of the week is going to be Who's Laughing Now by Ms. Ava Max, I'm really into her these times

Reveal hidden contents

I feel like I'm missing something from not stanning Ava Max. Maybe she is really that upcoming girl. I just feel like she's very H&M, but not the good kind. She keeps playing at my job and I might dislike her because of that.

The Popster 162

I can't just pick one song this week, but if I had to highlight specifically one:

HMs:

- "dnd" glaive
- "Deep End" Holly Humberstone
- "Skin and Bones" Cage the Elephant
- "My Own Soul's Warning" The Killers
- "Dark Love" Sullivan King
- "Blah Blah Blah" The Oozes

• yaas, gaga 2

Popster to Popster 3,889

I've always loved Cage The Elephant but somehow I just recently discovered this song off their album from 2019. They always deliver bops album after album.

"I've been running for so long
All that's left is skin and bones
Close my eyes and fight to carry on
Sometimes it makes no sense at all
If I stumble, will I fall?
If I fall I'll tuck and roll."

• yaas, gaga 1

ARTPOPster 1,672

Lady Gaga- Marry The Night

• I haven't heard this in months. I only listen to this when I feel down but this song randomly played so I just missed listening to it when I'm not down

Avril Lavigne- What the Hell

• Unforgettable bop for me. It's too good for me to skip tbh

Avril Lavigne- Complicated

• I guess I have a thing for "emo" music and I love it

MCR- Welcome to the Black Parade

• I almost forgot this song and luckily I discovered it again

Green Day- 21 Guns, Boulevard Of Broken Dreams

• There's something about this song that stuck out to me again

P!ATD- Emperor's New Clothes, Death of A Bachelor

• I love P!ATD so much omg also, don't mind my songs of the week being emo music :billie: