GitHub

Popster to Popster 3,752
On 12/12/2021 at 8:48 PM, GagaSine said:

Still haven't seen House of Gucci. Might go by self this week. :toofunny:

you should go! I would be interested to hear your thoughts

• love 1

• 2 weeks later...
The Fame Popster 319

Watched two French horror films, Baby Blood (1990) and Inside (2007). Honestly I loved them both, both are about pregnant women so I sould avoid them if you are sensitive to that but I highly enjoyed both.

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 4,583

Just watched Don’t Look Up and wow that movie just made be feel bad and hopeless :peacega:

The performances were stellar but if the guy who wrote and directed it could’ve stopped being a smarmy prick for like 20 minutes, I think there’s actually a really prescient film there.  Felt like there was a little too much animosity toward the audience at times though, which detracted from its overall message to me. It’s hard to be invested when you feel the author is constantly talking down to an audience that is already on their side.

Also satire is dead

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

The Fame Popster 319
On 12/31/2021 at 10:27 PM, NotDoctor said:

Just watched Don’t Look Up and wow that movie just made be feel bad and hopeless :peacega:

The performances were stellar but if the guy who wrote and directed it could’ve stopped being a smarmy prick for like 20 minutes, I think there’s actually a really prescient film there.  Felt like there was a little too much animosity toward the audience at times though, which detracted from its overall message to me. It’s hard to be invested when you feel the author is constantly talking down to an audience that is already on their side.

Also satire is dead

I agree, I just watched it and it felt like the movie thought it was smarter than it actually was. There was some stuff I appreciated but it didn't actually say meaningful things that much. Just ironic observations. The Ariana Grande bit especially rubbed me the wrong way. That isn't satire, that is literally her life & career...

The set up was good but it didn't really pay off in a satisfactory way.

• paws up 2

• 2 months later...
Popster to Popster 3,752

Oof since I left off I've seen

C’mon C’mon
Shiva Baby
The Humans
King Richard
West Side Story
Spencer
Don’t Look Up
The Worst Person in the World
Parallel Mothers
Licorice Pizza
Red Rocket
The Lost Daughter
A Chiambra
Shoplifters

The only one that was a complete miss for me was Don't Look Up & Shoplifters was my favorite by far.

• love 1

Popster to Popster 3,752
On 3/6/2022 at 3:27 PM, Vengeance said:

Don’t Look Up felt so messy to me. Very over the top. It was still quite funny sometimes but overall very meh

Yeah I agree. It was very straightforward parody/satire with a lot of cheap jokes. Fine for a popcorn flick but meh overall to me

• thanks 1

• 2 months later...