Movie Club - What are you watching?

GitHub

Popster to Popster 3,752

I like movies and I'm guessing other people might, too. So I thought it would be nice to have an ongoing thread where we can talk about what films we're currently watching and whether they're any good or not!

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,752

I recently watched Black Bear (2020) and it was one of the most interesting movies I've seen in a while.

It's a very "meta" film and I think the whole concept of telling a story about the artistic/writing process that forces the audience to create their own theory of what actually happened, is kind of brilliant.

And even for people who aren't a fan of non-traditional structure, the performances themselves were on another level.

Popster to Popster 3,889
3 minutes ago, GitHub said:

I recently watched Black Bear (2020) and it was one of the most interesting movies I've seen in a while.

I am really looking forward to watching Black Bear!

I am a HUGE movies fan, but I admit I've been awful in 2020 with watching new movies.

The last movie I watched was Happiest Season. I'm really looking forward to watching Tenet when it comes out.

• yaas, gaga 3

Popster to Popster 3,752
17 minutes ago, lavenderblondee said:

I am really looking forward to watching Black Bear!

I am a HUGE movies fan, but I admit I've been awful in 2020 with watching new movies.

The last movie I watched was Happiest Season. I'm really looking forward to watching Tenet when it comes out.

omg please let me know your thoughts if you watch it! It seems like people either think it's brilliant or horribly pretentious and narcissistic

Yeah I know what you mean about 2020. I feel like I've missed so much this year. Really gonna be relying on those end-of-year "best of" lists :bradley:

• 4 weeks later...
Popster to Popster 4,583

The Trio thread got me rewatching a lot of the Disney Renaissance movies after we had a Disney round.  It had probably been 20 years since I'd seen most of them.  So far watched The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin and Hercules. It's wild going back to them.  Aladdin definitely made me gay

Also rewatched The Phantom Menace the other night and am going to rewatch Attack of the Clones this week because I hate myself (and I'm listening to a podcast that is recapping all the movies and TCW).

Edited by NotDoctor
  • paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 3,689
On 12/12/2020 at 6:44 PM, lavenderblondee said:

The last movie I watched was Happiest Season. 

Same! Glad to see a LGBTQ narrative represented in a mainstream holiday movie. What did you think? 

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,689
57 minutes ago, GitHub said:

Big Time Adolescence - not worth it imo. The King of Staten Island was better even with its cheesy ending

The King of Staten Island was also better than expected but I was also let down by the ending

• thanks 1

Popster to Popster 3,752
5 minutes ago, NYNJ Gypsy said:

The King of Staten Island was also better than expected but I was also let down by the ending

Yesss this is exactly how I felt. I wasn't expecting much, was pleasantly surprised, and then ultimately let down

Kindness Admin 6,892
On 12/12/2020 at 6:24 PM, crazybadbich97 said:

The AOC douseries is so good :D

Wait. Where do I find this? 
I voted for her in both elections and it’s probably my only real accomplishment outside this here site. Ha. 

Popster to Popster 3,889
3 hours ago, NYNJ Gypsy said:

Same! Glad to see a LGBTQ narrative represented in a mainstream holiday movie. What did you think? 

I REALLY liked it, but much like others, I was not a fan of the ending. I understood, and I loved Dan Levy's speech, but I just did not feel like it did Kstews character justice.

I still very much enjoyed it! Did you like it? 

• yaas, gaga 1