Movie Club - What are you watching?

GitHub

Moderator 6,288
14 minutes ago, DonnieDarko said:

I just watched the other day I Care A Lot. Let me just say that it’s an interesting movie with a good ending. Lol.

I watched it a couple days ago and really enjoyed it! It was almost as if Rosamund Pike reprised her Amy Dunne role from "Gone Girl". She's really great with these characters. Dianne Wiest and Peter Dinklage were also brilliant.

• paws up 2

Moderator 6,288

SonoftheSouth2020.png

This is my latest watch. The movie is focussed around racism. A white college student, and grandson of a klansman is forced to decide which side he wants to stand with during the Civil Rights Movement and faces the consequences of his decisions. The story has a great plot but it really didn't go anywhere. There was a slightly disturbing climax (nothing exciting either) but other than that the story doesn't really go anywhere. I feel like I've watched the first half of a movie. I enjoyed it but I was also disappointed because it has a pretty solid cast.

• paws up 4

Kindness Admin 6,892
3 hours ago, Franch Toast said:

Has anyone watched Minari yet? I want to, but am trying to convince myself it's worth paying 20 bucks on streaming. 

I'm going to wait for it stream for free on a service. I'd also wait for Raya, but pretty sure I have a few friends who are going to rent it, so I'll probs watch that.

My recent movie viewing, ranked by preference:

1. Nomadland
  2. Ma Rainey's
  3. Soul
  4. Palm Springs
  5. < GAP >
  6. Trial of the Chicago 7
  7. I Care a Lot
  8. Run
  9. < GAP >
  10. US Vs Billie Holiday
  11. Wonder Woman
  • paws up 3
  • yaas, gaga 1

ARTPOPster 2,470

i haven't watched a movie for probably over a week now or something but i've been watching the tv show suits, it's pretty good and Gabriel Macht is hotttttt

• paws up 2

ARTPOPster 1,340

This week I watched Godzilla: KOM, Tenet, Witches(2020) and Promising Young Woman, if you like sci-fi and monsters Godzilla was amazing, Tenet is pretty pretty cool but I didnt get what was happening half of the time and felt stupid watching it a bit but it was pretty cool too, PYW was a good movie but if someone is triggered by sexual assault they probably shouldnt watch it and lastly, Witches was a horrible horrible abomination of some shots that I cant call a “Movie” it was soo bad, actually the first part was cool and I eould rather watching a movie about the things happening in the beginning without any Witch stuff in it

Kindness Admin 6,892
6 hours ago, DonnieDarko said:

Anyone here excited for the Zack Snyder’s Justice League?

I’m expecting it to be so terrible, but I’ll watch it. 

• sad 1
  • lol 1

A Popster Is Born 17,204
1 hour ago, admin said:

I’m expecting it to be so terrible, but I’ll watch it. 

I’m genuinely excited for this one. I’ve read that Snyder and the cast were davastated when they saw the final version of the movie. Snyder wanted to do it his way. There were reshoots, Ben Affleck even came back to film some additional scenes. The movie will be 4 hours long. Lol. I can’t wait. 

• paws up 1

Kindness Admin 6,892
15 minutes ago, DonnieDarko said:

I’m genuinely excited for this one. I’ve read that Snyder and the cast were davastated when they saw the final version of the movie. Snyder wanted to do it his way. There were reshoots, Ben Affleck even came back to film some additional scenes. The movie will be 4 hours long. Lol. I can’t wait. 

I hope it surprises me and I’m very interested to see his optimal version. I just don’t think he’s capable of making good movies, lol

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 17,204
Just now, admin said:

I hope it surprises me and I’m very interested to see his optimal version. I just don’t think he’s capable of making good movies, lol

People are saying that quite often, lol. Please be good!

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,689
On 3/5/2021 at 11:10 PM, GitHub said:

I'm watching The Two Popes tonight, 

This thread is so useful! I need a movie for tonight and was wondering if this one is worth watching? I'm trying to decide among Black Bear, Tenet, I Care a Lot and possibly this one

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 3,752
28 minutes ago, NYNJ Nights said:

This thread is so useful! I need a movie for tonight and was wondering if this one is worth watching? I'm trying to decide among Black Bear, Tenet, I Care a Lot and possibly this one

I think it is. I honestly wasn't that engaged the first time (because someone was messaging me, not because of the movie), so I need to do a rewatch this weekend. But my friend described it as a really "comfy" movie and I have to agree.

Let us know which one you end up going with!

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,689
12 hours ago, GitHub said:

I think it is. I honestly wasn't that engaged the first time (because someone was messaging me, not because of the movie), so I need to do a rewatch this weekend. But my friend described it as a really "comfy" movie and I have to agree.

Let us know which one you end up going with!

Thanks! I ended up going with I Care A Lot! It was interesting for sure like others said. The plot felt a little too unrealistic at times but it was entertaining and kept me guessing and I didn't expect the ending. Definitely worth a watch! 

I think I will still want to see The Two Popes, but it wasn't the type of movie for a Friday night lol

• paws up 1

The Fame Popster 477

I just finished "Behind Her Eyes" on netflix and I really loved it! It's a series (6 episodes), not a movie so I don't know if I should post about it here but if you're looking for something intense and captivating go watch!

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,752

I bought a DVD of Chocolat that was still in the wrapper for $2 at an outdoor market and watched it last night. It's very late 90s. My final verdict is I don't regret spending $2 on it, but I kind of regret owning it.

• paws up 1
  • lol 2