CEREMONY | L.A.M.B - Gwen Stefani

blankpaper

Popstanne 5,076
1 minute ago, NYNJ Nights said:

@Franch Toast when is the biography scheduled for release? :whatga:

I would love to write a bio on Gwen and No Doubt, especially if that meant I got to interview them all. 

• yaas, gaga 1

ARTPOPster 2,450
Just now, Franch Toast said:

I would love to write a bio on Gwen and No Doubt, especially if that meant I got to interview them all. 

i can just imagine you starting the interview with "so just how much car sex were you actually having in 2004?" :laughga:

• lol 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 3,689
1 minute ago, Franch Toast said:

WYWF deserved better, and the video is iconic: 

Ahh where did this extended version come from?? Also the way the person at the end pronounced her last name like our fave's first name :mess:

• yaas, gaga 1

ARTPOPster 2,450

3 - Rich Girl

Average rate: 9.16
Highest rate: 11 @NYNJ Nights
Lowest rate: 7.5 @GitHub

Comments:

@Elvira - We love a Broadway-inspired song, Gwen was so smart with this song, so catchy! Eve is a great additional and it was a fantastic single choice.

@PETTY - Another smash. Iconic through and through.  

@Blown Away - It's a great song, with a nice beat and melody but it lacks a bit of energy. It's the same issue I have with Let Me Blow Your Mind.

@Lorde Von Kok - Iconic, legendary. A moment, and a cultural shift.

@Franch Toast - I love Gwen and Eve together. This song is infectious and fun, though the line about naming and dressing the “Harajuku Girls” creeps me out. Eve’s rap is my favorite part of the song. 

@kaelergrey - This song aged well. Eves rap flowed perfectly and both Eves and Gwens voice harmonized very well. This is one of those songs by Gwen Stefani that will never get old. 

@GitHub - It's very early 2000s for sure. Wow instantly went up when Eve's part came

@NYNJ Nights - iconic collab like telephone but actually performed live - Grammy performance anyone?

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Gaming Leader 6,416
1 minute ago, Blown Away said:

The top 3 is not what it should've been (Luxurious, Cool, Serious) but it's very decent.

Retro pop masterpiece Cool for the win!

This is the only opinion with taste methinks :bradley:

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 3,792
1 minute ago, blankpaper said:

3 - Rich Girl

Average rate: 9.16
Highest rate: 11 @NYNJ Nights
Lowest rate: 7.5 @GitHub

Comments:

@Elvira - We love a Broadway-inspired song, Gwen was so smart with this song, so catchy! Eve is a great additional and it was a fantastic single choice.

@PETTY - Another smash. Iconic through and through.  

@Blown Away - It's a great song, with a nice beat and melody but it lacks a bit of energy. It's the same issue I have with Let Me Blow Your Mind.

@Lorde Von Kok - Iconic, legendary. A moment, and a cultural shift.

@Franch Toast - I love Gwen and Eve together. This song is infectious and fun, though the line about naming and dressing the “Harajuku Girls” creeps me out. Eve’s rap is my favorite part of the song. 

@kaelergrey - This song aged well. Eves rap flowed perfectly and both Eves and Gwens voice harmonized very well. This is one of those songs by Gwen Stefani that will never get old. 

@GitHub - It's very early 2000s for sure. Wow instantly went up when Eve's part came

@NYNJ Nights - iconic collab like telephone but actually performed live - Grammy performance anyone?

I like Rich Girl tbh

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 3,792

1. Hollaback Girl 

2. Cool

ARTPOPster 2,450

2 - Cool

Average rate: 9.36
Highest rate: 11 @Franch Toast
Lowest rate: 7.5 @Twitter

Comments:

@Elvira - One of Gwen's best ballads, if not her best ballad. So beautiful, mature but vulnerable... Ugh truly a classic.

@PETTY - 10's 10's across the fxcking board. I remember my 10 year old self thinking I could really relate to this song nnnnn. The production, the lyrics. Chills!

@Blown Away - This song is so chill and laid back, yet the perfect timeless pop song. The thing I love the most about the song are the lyrics though, they are so mature and beautiful.

@Franch Toast - My favorite on the album, and one of my favorite of Gwen’s solo songs. After writing about the heartbreak Tony caused her on Tragic Kingdom, she’s come full circle and is reflecting on them being good friends and meeting his new girlfriend. I’m impressed that she actually persuaded Tony’s then-girlfriend, now wife, to star in the video. I love Gwen and Tony and am so glad they actually have remained close friends. The lyric “Time always kills the pain” slays me every time. Also, the video is sumptuous and is one of my favorites. (And it's perfect that Sophie Muller directed the videos both for "Don't Speak" and "Cool.") 

@kaelergrey - Another amazing song from a very solid album. Gwen just didnt hit you with nostalgia but it also hit you with meaningful lyrics. It is indeed a "cool song"

@GitHub - liking it... if it's not played at the end of the 2nd act of a DCOM movie at the moment where the girl realizes she'll lose all of her friends if she doesn't make her character transformation, it should be

@NYNJ Nights - ok @Franch Toast this song is iconic too

• paws up 2
  • shook 2
  • sad 1
  • yaas, gaga 1