Greatest Female Dancer In Pop?

Mario Spears

Who is the best dancer?   

20 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

Popster to Popster 3,792

Title says it all. Who do you think is the best female dancer in music? 

Janet Jackson 

Paula Abdul 

Jennifer Lopez 

Ciara 

Madonna 

Prime Britney 

Tinashe 

Beyoncé 

Mya

Shakira 

So? 

Edited by Mario Spears
  • paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,792

in my opinion:

1. Janet Jackson - i don't even need to explain it.

2. Paula Abdul - she was a professional dancer first and a classically trained choreographer, not to mention she co-choreographed her videos by HERSELF (i.e. Opposite Attract, Straight Up), plus she has made some amazing chreographies for Janet. 

3. Ciara - easily the best female damcer of our generation. she has AMAZING skills and she is a natural born dancer!

4. Jennifer Lopez - she also was a professional dancer, she's very versatile and has an AMAZING technique. She can do different styles like jazz, tap, ballet, salsa, hip-hop/freestyle and not to mention she was a fly girl in the 90s on In Living Color. 

5. Beyonce - she has great skills and has an incredible stamina. Also, she has improved A LOT, the only one who is a better dancer in her 30's than in her 20s or teens. 

6. Madonna - she also was a professional dancer, she's very versatile and can do different styles like classical, contemporary, tap (see Now That I'm Following You at BAT), jazz, ballroom, tango (see Die Another Day at RIT), flamenco (see La isla Bonita at WTGT), salsa, hip hop, modern, acrobatic (Sky Fots Heaven at DWT), the jitterbug (see the dancing sequence on A League Of Their own), and Waltz (see the dancing sequence in Evita) . Also watch her other performances on her tours, she's pretty versatile and The BLONDE AMBITION TOUR. It's ICONIC FOR A REASON! She's also really flexible and has a great stamina. Also good technique. and also 3 words: LEGEND, ICON and VOGUE.

7. Britney Spears - just watch any of her MVs and performances when she was in her prime, they are ICONIC FOR A REASON.

8. Tinashe - like Ciara, natural born dancer, great skills too. she may not have iconic or memorable MVs or Performances, but she can dance

9. Shakira - her hips don't lie and she can move and do different styles naturally, but she mostly excells in bellydancing. nonethless, she is a good dancer.

10. Mya - GREAT skills in Hip-Hop, Contemporany and Tap! She also showed great skills in salsa too on DWTS. Also the Janet tribute alone>>>>

Aaliyah, Nicole Scherzinger, Normani and P!nk deserve recognition

Edited by Mario44
  • paws up 2
  • thanks 1
  • love 1

Popster to Popster 3,792
On 9/17/2021 at 9:33 PM, Nightwing said:

Tinashe is a dancing and trend setting icon. Shakira is good too.

agree!

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 3,792
On 9/17/2021 at 10:14 PM, ReadyGaga said:

Obviously the Queen, Madonna

madonna papa dont preach GIF

And Janet

rhythm nation dance GIF by Janet Jackson

In my opinion, Janet, Paula, Britney and  Madonna are ICONIC dancers. They influenced/shaped the standards for female choreographies in the pop world. 

Janet's Rhythm Nation started a whole movement of dance! Rhythm Nation inspired a lot of music videos (ie Tinashe's Save Room For Us, Britney's Oops I Did It Again) and the Miss You Much chair routine inspired other female artists to do the chair routines too (Britney did it in Crazy and Stronger, Beyoncé and Gaga in Video Phone, Ciara in Go Girl etc.) 

Madonna was probably the first to do Acrobatic choreographies

You can see where Pink got it from lol. Britney and Bey did it too (Brit in I Love Rock N Roll on the DWAD Tour at the end of the performance and Bey in Baby Boy on the I AM TOUR) 

Britney's MV inspired Kpop choreos videos. 

Also this video 

You can tell that Paula influenced JLO and Britney with her dancing too. 

Edited by Mario44
  • love 1

Popster to Popster 3,792
On 9/17/2021 at 11:52 PM, GitHub said:

Wait I was about to vote but I need to factor in new information from @Mario44 that Mya also does tap :whatga:

Yes in My Love Is Like Woah! Video that i posted.

@GitHub here

Edited by Mario44
  • thanks 1

Popster to Popster 3,752
On 9/17/2021 at 6:07 PM, Mario44 said:

Yes in My Love Is Like Woah! Video that i posted.

@GitHub here

oh wow I completely forgot she was on one of 3 total seasons I've seen on DWTS :dead:

Damn she worked with Jason :whatga: She doesn't seem to be doing super advanced steps to be honest, but she's quite good for someone who is mostly doing this as a hobby and she has a great sound!

Spoiler

Also without even seeing the others ( :billie: ) f*ck them for voting her off. Tap is so horribly disrespected on competition shows

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 3,792
On 9/18/2021 at 5:38 AM, Dirkje said:

All time? Janet

Of this generation? Normani

Normani is pretty good too tbh

Popster to Popster 3,792
On 9/18/2021 at 9:22 AM, Zak said:

Not Brittany Spears :rip:

It's a tie between Janet and Madonna. I'm more towards Janet

Janet ofc. 

But i putted Britney here because she was an AMAZING dancer in her prime, she can even do backflips and was incredibly athletic that she could even outdance her dancers. Also her dancing is pretty disrespected. 

I mean you wish pop girls today like Kesha, Katy, Rihanna, Selena, Dua, Ariana or Doja etc could ever replicate what Britney did in her early years. Her moves are so technical, iconic and fluid. 

And not to mention ME AGAINST THE MUSIC (yes, ME AGAINST THE MUSIC is HER MOST TECHNICAL CHOREOGRAPHY) 

Watch the DWAD Tour and Onyx Hotel Tour. If you can't call this a skilled dancer or performer, then idk who else deserves such recognition. 

But i respect your opinion though! 

Edited by Mario44

On 9/17/2021 at 10:53 PM, Mario44 said:

In my opinion, Janet, Paula, Britney and  Madonna are ICONIC dancers. They influenced/shaped the standards for female choreographies in the pop world. 

Janet's Rhythm Nation started a whole movement of dance! Rhythm Nation inspired a lot of music videos (ie Tinashe's Save Room For Us, Britney's Oops I Did It Again) and the Miss You Much chair routine inspired other female artists to do the chair routines too (Britney did it in Crazy and Stronger, Beyoncé and Gaga in Video Phone, Ciara in Go Girl etc.) 

Madonna was probably the first to do Acrobatic choreographies

You can see where Pink got it from lol. Britney and Bey did it too (Brit in I Love Rock N Roll on the DWAD Tour at the end of the performance and Bey in Baby Boy on the I AM TOUR) 

Britney's MV inspired Kpop choreos videos. 

Also this video 

You can tell that Paula influenced JLO and Britney with her dancing too. 

Obviously I put Madge and Janet in the foreground because they are the two pop stars par excellence, but of course Paula was also a great dancer and certainly most of the singers / dancers were influenced by her style. In reality, Beyoncé is also a great dancer but unlike the others she focuses more on the voice during a live

• love 1

Popster to Popster 3,792
On 9/18/2021 at 1:16 PM, ReadyGaga said:

Obviously I put Madge and Janet in the foreground because they are the two pop stars par excellence, but of course Paula was also a great dancer and certainly most of the singers / dancers were influenced by her style. In reality, Beyoncé is also a great dancer but unlike the others she focuses more on the voice during a live

Well Beyonce can do both singing AND dancing at the same time. She can dance as well as she can sing tbh. 

Moderator 4,653
On 9/18/2021 at 6:40 AM, Mario44 said:

Normani is pretty good too tbh

Yep, it was only right for me to mention her, since she isnt in the poll :cm: 

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,792
On 9/18/2021 at 7:47 PM, Dirkje said:

Yep, it was only right for me to mention her, since she isnt in the poll :cm: 

well, in a few years she WILL join the group, because she can dance tbh :)

Moderator 4,653
On 9/18/2021 at 9:46 AM, Mario44 said:

Janet ofc. 

But i putted Britney here because she was an AMAZING dancer in her prime, she can even do backflips and was incredibly athletic that she could even outdance her dancers. Also her dancing is pretty disrespected. 

I mean you wish pop girls today like Kesha, Katy, Rihanna, Selena, Dua, Ariana or Doja etc could ever replicate what Britney did in her early years. Her moves are so technical, iconic and fluid. 

And not to mention ME AGAINST THE MUSIC (yes, ME AGAINST THE MUSIC is HER MOST TECHNICAL CHOREOGRAPHY) 

Watch the DWAD Tour and Onyx Hotel Tour. If you can't call this a skilled dancer or performer, then idk who else deserves such recognition. 

But i respect your opinion though! 

Since you mentioned her, lets appreciate how Dua Lipa is the perfect example of learning. In 2016 she knew dancing wasnt her thing, yet its part of performance. She got negative feedback, sometimes you may call it bullying. And Boom! the new dua blew everyone away during her EMA performance!

• lol 1