Highest/Lowest voters:

Spoiler

Lowest voters - @Sir.Sim – 1

Highest voters - @GagaGlambert -11

Comments:

Spoiler

@ProjectJoanne - May day.

@Franch Toast - Gorgeous weather.

@WildAmerican - solid month, lots of exciting things always seem to happen in May

@Joesuda - I love May - it is the month of growth.

@blankpaper - One of the best months. It’s nice out and it’s (usually) when festivals and Red Rocks seasons starts ramping up

@Lorde Von Kok - May is amazing. It's spring, MET Gala, and an amazing month overall. Taurus season? Let me spread!

@NYNJ Nights - First fruit of the season (strawberries) here :)

@GitHub - A really solid month! Anticipation for end of school/summer & everything is green

@gagaschickens - school exams, extremely hot weather and summer begins, no thank u.

@Blown Away - May is nice, it has great weather and all the summer bops come out during this month too.

@YourPocko - This is when the weather starts to become summary and I liiive for this month

@PETTY - My birth month. Summer starts popping ha head out, a moment most pleasing to me in my career.

@chailatte - getting too hot

• paws up 2
  • sad 1

Popstanne 5,076
Just now, GitHub said:

East Coast cities are so grimy :rip:

I used to live in southwestern China in a sub-tropical climate, and we had the fattest cockroaches, and the worst part was they even crawled out during the day. I would sometimes crunch them getting out of bed in the morning. It was disgusting. Even my dad was super traumatized when he visited me. 

I was really sad when dining in my favorite NYC restaurant and I looked up and saw a roach scurrying up the wall. I hate them with a passion. They're so gross and scary. I have no idea how I lived with them before. 

• paws up 1
  • shook 3

Moderator 3,690
1 minute ago, Franch Toast said:

I used to live in southwestern China in a sub-tropical climate, and we had the fattest cockroaches, and the worst part was they even crawled out during the day. I would sometimes crunch them getting out of bed in the morning. It was disgusting. Even my dad was super traumatized when he visited me. 

I was really sad when dining in my favorite NYC restaurant and I looked up and saw a roach scurrying up the wall. I hate them with a passion. They're so gross and scary. I have no idea how I lived with them before. 

WTF, how do you have so many contacts with roaches. I think I have never seen a roach in my life that isn't in a Zoo or on TV. 

• shook 1

Popster to Popster 3,689
3 minutes ago, Franch Toast said:

I was really sad when dining in my favorite NYC restaurant and I looked up and saw a roach scurrying up the wall. I hate them with a passion. They're so gross and scary. I have no idea how I lived with them before

Always look for the health rating outside of the window :mess:

• thanks 1

Just now, Joesuda said:

WTF, how do you have so many contacts with roaches. I think I have never seen a roach in my life that isn't in a Zoo or on TV. 

like 10 years ago, the house i lived in was FULL of roaches. they were EVERYWHERE. we tried everything to get rid of them and it didnt work, until we got some professional dude to kill them. the next morning i woke up and there were dead roaches just about everywherefedca1-emote.png we spent the entire day vacuuming them away or something

im surprised you have never seen a roach before tbh

• shook 3
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 3,752

omg :rip:I guess it's one of those things where if you live with it you just get used to it. I've heard similar stories from friends who are from other regions with that climate.

• paws up 1

Popstanne 5,076
2 minutes ago, Joesuda said:

You are lucky. I've never lived with roaches in the US, but like I said, I had them in China. The cities are so densely crowded that it's inevitable. I remember once I was staying in a hotel in Shanghai, and they were climbing across the ceiling when I showered. That's when I knew I had to switch hotel rooms. It was so, so gross and freaking terrifying. Now when I go to Asia, I make sure to stay in nicer hotels that fumigate. 

Just now, NYNJ Nights said:

Always look for the health rating outside of the window :mess:

For some reason, this comment makes me think of Joanne's. :icant:

And FYI, the restaurant in question is Wu Liang Ye, a Sichuan Chinese restaurant, on east 48th between 5th and 6th Avenues, close to Rockefeller Center. It's pretty upscale, but cockroaches obviously don't care. I've still eaten there since, but I avoid a table near the walls. 

• paws up 2

3) SEPTEMBER (AVERAGE 7.51)

Highest/Lowest voters:

Spoiler

Lowest voters - @ProjectJoanne – 1

Highest voters - @Blown Away @Joesuda @Franch Toast -11

Comments:

Spoiler

@ProjectJoanne - School. School. School.

@Franch Toast - The best month: red leaves, crisp air, idyllic weather.

@WildAmerican - love September

@Joesuda - September always feels like the month of new beginnings - moving, new school, new town. This is also probably influenced by the fact that this is my birth month and I often can't help to reflect as I turn older. Also I love how the leaves fall and colour the world in hues of yellow, orange and red.

@blankpaper - September’s a lot like June in that it’s nice out and there’s still outdoor events everywhere, but it’s not 8000 degrees anymore like July and August are. But it’s not as good as June since it’s the end of all the good things instead of the beginning

@Lorde Von Kok - Meh?

@NYNJ Nights - sweater weather

@GitHub - September is great. The last fading memories of summer :bradley: and I loved the whole "back to school" season as a kid

@gagaschickens - school starts this month, its okay i guess.

@Blown Away - I used to not like September, because it meant going back to work and having to deal with annoying kids. But since I am not a teacher anymore I love the month. They are all back at school and can't go on a holiday. Which makes it perfect to go on one then. And the evenings are still long, the nights are still warm, but not scorchingly hot. September is the month to live your life.

@YourPocko - Fall!

@PETTY - Fall vibes, and one month away from the best month of the year, October.

@Sir.Sim – Icon

@lavenderblondee - We're officially in the SPOOKY SEASON of the year.

@chailatte - starting to get into fall

• sad 2
  • love 1

Popster to Popster 3,752

And FYI, the restaurant in question is Wu Liang Ye, a Sichuan Chinese restaurant, on east 48th between 5th and 6th Avenues, close to Rockefeller Center. It's pretty upscale, but cockroaches obviously don't care. I've still eaten there since, but I avoid a table near the walls. 

I'm going to be honest, I just assume pretty much every restaurant has some level of roaches and mice in NYC/Philly  :rip:

cc @NYNJ Nights

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1
  • lol 1

Popster to Popster 3,752
Just now, NYNJ Nights said:

Have you or @Franch Toast or anyone actually gone there?

tbh it's not really on my radar in terms of restaurants I could eat at when I'm in NYC :icant:

has anyone here been there? I know quite a few people are from NYC on the forum

• thanks 1
  • lol 1

Popstanne 5,076
1 minute ago, NYNJ Nights said:

Have you or @Franch Toast or anyone actually gone there?

I have not. I'm going to be honest: other than being owned by Gaga's dad, I don't see anything special about it, and now that we know what we know about Papa Oreo, him being the owner isn't really a draw. :icant: The menu doesn't look like anything special to me, and I feel like you can get much better and more authentic Italian food elsewhere in the city, and probably at a cheaper price point. 

• thanks 2

Popster to Popster 3,689
1 minute ago, GitHub said:

I'm going to be honest, I just assume pretty much every restaurant has some level of roaches and mice in NYC/Philly  :rip:

cc @NYNJ Nights

Yeah you and @Franch Toast are right but I’ve definitely made a decision on where to eat based on those ratings. Anything other than an A :stopga:

• lol 2