PA911's Globalvision - S1: Into the Galaxy

Lorde Von Kok

Moderator 16,444

Juju-1.jpg

The country

Spoiler

I chose Germany because I think it can be great to expand one's music taste outside their mother tongue. That is why I chose an artist that doesn't do songs in English and I hope you can enjoy it just as much as me even when you can't understand everything.

1live-krone-2019-alle-preistraeger-fotos-1004551.jpg

The Artist

Spoiler

This is Juju and she is a German rapper. She is of Moroccan and German descent and was a part of the rap group SXTN. She has found success independently and has since become one of the most defining female rap artists of the last three years.

She writes all of her songs and even all her features while flinging rhymes at everyone who even dares to look at her funny. In 2019, she received two crowns for best female artist and best song from 1 Live Krone and won the 2019 MTV EMA award for best German artist.

She is, in my opinion, something very special as she doesn't just rap solely about materialistic urges but can also talk about addiction, her own life problems and her childhood even in her music. Her bars are excellent and the way she rides the rhythms of a song in her own unique ways is admirable. There is no other female rapper and probably no other rapper in general in Germany that could take her on.

330592_XXL.jpg

The song

The song is about Juju wanting just one man and asserting that she will allow only him to touch her. It's a bass-heavy banger that's seductive and hot at the same time. It's an anthem for anyone who desires just THAT ONE special person.

It was hard for me to decide for just one song but in the end I chose this song as it's one of her most fun and sexy tracks. I love the song because despite it being released in the disaster year of 2020 I still have many fun memories with my friends and this song.

I hope you all like this song

Lyrics (translated):

Spoiler

Baby trust me
Baby trust me

They talk to me when I'm stepping in,
About me when I'm stepping out
It's all about my income or my appearance
Everyone'll be acting all tough, thinking I'd like it
Everybody's manic, just because I only have eyes for you.
Look at your neck, it's so wide, you're nice
You're a man, you're pants are wide
You're so tall, next to you I'm so small
If they look funny, they'll get slapped in the face
Or they'll get a stab
But you're not dumb, you're never in court
All other boys don't matter to me
Baby, just a bit more Vodka and I'm losing it

So Baby trust me
Trust me, it's not a dream
Baby come dancing
Baby come with me, you want it too
Baby trust me
Baby come dancing

Baby trust me, this is no dream
f- all the people, come and let's roll one
Baby trust me, I'll take my clothes off
Or would you rather dance the whole night through, I can do that as well
You're what I want, you're a machine
Please touch me, Baby show me your love
You're just my type, I long for you
I can't wait any longer, come into my suite
Baby, no means yes if I'm with you
Call me if you've got the time
Call me, it's Friday
I want you and no other man
Baby, all in unison, because you're mine
You and I, it's a scandal
How you (ahh) is unreal, Baby different
Make me high on a Saturday, kiss me awake on a Sunday

Baby trust me
Baby come dancing
Baby trust me
Baby come dancing

Taglist

Spoiler

This presentation has been brought to you by @Juju formerly known as corvus albus

tumblr_pqxsvicHPU1uevgr3o2_400.gifvtumblr_pqxsvicHPU1uevgr3o2_400.gifv

• paws up 5
  • yaas, gaga 9

Deactivated 14,311
24 minutes ago, Juju said:

Juju-1.jpg

The country

Hide contents

I chose Germany because I think it can be great to expand one's music taste outside their mother tongue. That is why I chose an artist that doesn't do songs in English and I hope you can enjoy it just as much as me even when you can't understand everything.

1live-krone-2019-alle-preistraeger-fotos-1004551.jpg

The Artist

Hide contents

This is Juju and she is a German rapper. She is of Moroccan and German descent and was a part of the rap group SXTN. She has found success independently and has since become one of the most defining female rap artists of the last three years.

She writes all of her songs and even all her features while flinging rhymes at everyone who even dares to look at her funny. In 2019, she received two crowns for best female artist and best song from 1 Live Krone and won the 2019 MTV EMA award for best German artist.

She is, in my opinion, something very special as she doesn't just rap solely about materialistic urges but can also talk about addiction, her own life problems and her childhood even in her music. Her bars are excellent and the way she rides the rhythms of a song in her own unique ways is admirable. There is no other female rapper and probably no other rapper in general in Germany that could take her on.

330592_XXL.jpg

The song

The song is about Juju wanting just one man and asserting that she will allow only him to touch her. It's a bass-heavy banger that's seductive and hot at the same time. It's an anthem for anyone who desires just THAT ONE special person.

It was hard for me to decide for just one song but in the end I chose this song as it's one of her most fun and sexy tracks. I love the song because despite it being released in the disaster year of 2020 I still have many fun memories with my friends and this song.

I hope you all like this song

Lyrics (translated):

Reveal hidden contents

Baby trust me
Baby trust me

They talk to me when I'm stepping in,
About me when I'm stepping out
It's all about my income or my appearance
Everyone'll be acting all tough, thinking I'd like it
Everybody's manic, just because I only have eyes for you.
Look at your neck, it's so wide, you're nice
You're a man, you're pants are wide
You're so tall, next to you I'm so small
If they look funny, they'll get slapped in the face
Or they'll get a stab
But you're not dumb, you're never in court
All other boys don't matter to me
Baby, just a bit more Vodka and I'm losing it

So Baby trust me
Baby come dancing
Baby trust me
Baby come dancing

Baby trust me, this is no dream
f- all the people, come and let's roll one
Baby trust me, I'll take my clothes off
Or would you rather dance the whole night through, I can do that as well
You're what I want, you're a machine
Please touch me, Baby show me your love
You're just my type, I long for you
I can't wait any longer, come into my suite
Baby, no means yes if I'm with you
Call me if you've got the time
Call me, it's Friday
I want you and no other man
Baby, all in unison, because you're mine
You and I, it's a scandal
How you (ahh) is unreal, Baby different
Make me high on a Saturday, kiss me awake on a Sunday

Baby trust me
Baby come dancing
Baby trust me
Baby come dancing

Taglist

Reveal hidden contents

This presentation has been brought to you by @Juju formerly known as corvus albus

tumblr_pqxsvicHPU1uevgr3o2_400.gifvtumblr_pqxsvicHPU1uevgr3o2_400.gifv

SLAY BABES this was an amazing pick! I can’t wait to listen to it on repeat and use it in a scene for a novel I write. It gives me very deep underground world vibes!

• paws up 1

Moderator 16,444
2 minutes ago, Joesuda said:

Are there any religious players or judges because my entry will probably ruffle some feathers then :billie:.

We stan a swallower of rosaries and a literal lover if Judas. I think nobody here will really play the prude :ohhh:

• yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 13,728

Okay, so here_we_go.mp3:

The country

Spoiler

The country I've chosen is Spain (don't quote me, Ms. @Andreu), but the song I chose is not nor in Spanish nor in English, but in Basque, which is also my mother tongue and the proper language of my nation. Giving the historical context of the bad relationship of Spain with its minoritized languages I thought that it was important to make bigger their mainstream presence. 

That being said, I'm aware of how hard is to get good scoring with a non-english song, tho :gunga:

The artist

koban.png

Spoiler

The group is called Koban (stylised as KOBAN; in the cave in Basque), formed by eight people from Donostia, a city in the Basque Country. Their music is categorized in both electronic music and swing music, which I think is a pretty interesting combination. They released their debut album, Koban, back in 2018, recorded and produced by themselves. 

ahotsak.png  

The song

Spoiler

Accordingly, I chose a song that talks about basque culture; such as akelarres, for example. The song, called Señorita Bat Akelarre Batian (A Lady in An Akelarre) is a song about a lady that gets lost during a mountain trip and found herself "dancing around a horny man alongside a braless woman". 

The lyrics, (auto)translated:

We took the convertible to the mountain,
Some paddle friends and I were looking for some fresh air.
Black tennis shoes, white visor,
cream 50 and a photo of the Virgin in the bra.

White-red line on the left, a cross on the right.
I told him to wait, I had to pee in the bushes.
Go to the right and there you go! Drum sounds!
A cave in the distance, I go there. Who do I find with?

THOUSAND BODIES DANCE IN THE VIBRATION OF FIRE,
PRAISING A HORNY MAN;
A LADY IN AN AKELARRE.

Enter and immediately hold hands.
Her breasts were exposed and I was terrified.
Take the clothes as the rest, they told me to enjoy the moment, not worry, feel the music!

PRAISING A HORNY MAN;
A LADY IN AN AKELARRE.

Chaos and partying, sweating, turning his head, balancing his hips
Juicy lips, goose's breath, hypnosis running, BAGA BIGA HIGA! (x2)

Where did you get into this hour? We’ve already taken a selfie at the top of the mountain.
Back at the convertible and still in shock, took the picture of the Virgin and throw nun in the air! 

PRAISING A HORNY MAN;
A LADY IN AN AKELARRE.

The video

Spoiler

Taglist

:gaga-thanks:

• paws up 7
  • yaas, gaga 10

Pop-a-911-ster 28,057
17 minutes ago, danwasd said:

the proper language of my nation

spill ves T

imagen_2020-11-03_231148.thumb.png.6a71a

OT: I don't think I had ever heard a song in basque before but I liked it :ohhh: It does indeed feature a pretty unique mixture of genres.

Edited by Andreu
  • yaas, gaga 1

Gaming Leader 8,440
5 hours ago, Andreu said:

@Lorde Von Kok Just to be sure, we don't have to review the songs, only the four members of the jury will have to do that, right?

You will have to score your 10 favorites out of the 16. :sleepydog:

• thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 17,086

@Franch Toast Singapore is in my top 3 countries so I'm not surprised it's producing excellence. And she's serving choreo too, that always elevates the song. 

@Elvira Once I finished your song, "if you want it baby I can show ya" started playing on loop in my head :billie: I even went to listen to the acoustic version. Love her voice.

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 17,086

@Juju the beat slaps and the girl has some bars. Ended Nicki Minaj and Cardi B with ease. Maybe your shameless payola is working

@danwasd your song has a different vibe from everything else so far and that makes it stand out. Also ended the other Señorita with ease.

• paws up 1

Gaming Leader 6,416

Australia: a beautiful presentation! I love the song. I think this is a strong entry and I will definitely be looking more into this artist. Thanks for introducing her to us @Elvira

Germany: ok I really like this song, it’s super sexy and I love the overall vibe. She’s definitely a server and I’m excited to hear more from her. This is one of my favorite songs so far @Juju

Spain: I like this song because its different from the rest of the songs that were released today. I’m snapping my fingers chile, it’s an interesting mix of sounds and I like how unique it is @danwasd

spacer.png

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1