PA911's Globalvision - S1: Into the Galaxy

Lorde Von Kok

A Popster Is Born 17,086

@PETTY no wonder you won Best Music Taste. This song is just right up my alley, so it went straight to my playlist. And the visuals? Top notch.

I kept trying to remember what it reminds me of, then looked at the comments. Not Gwen Stefani ripping her off :rip:

• yaas, gaga 1

Popstanne 5,076
4 minutes ago, Gypsy Life said:

@PETTY no wonder you won Best Music Taste. This song is just right up my alley, so it went straight to my playlist. And the visuals? Top notch.

I kept trying to remember what it reminds me of, then looked at the comments. Not Gwen Stefani ripping her off :rip:

Yes, the visuals remind me a lot of Gwen during the No Doubt Return of Saturn era. 

Gaming Leader 6,416
8 minutes ago, Gypsy Life said:

Thanks luv! Glad you enjoyed, I recommend getting into some of her other music. Especially Encore, Perfume, Save Me For Later and Nothing ❤️

and yes Gwen’s producer definitely was inspired by the beat for Baby Don’t Lie and thought no one would notice because she’s a small artist. Both songs have that 2003 lumidee influence 😍

• paws up 1

Gaming Leader 6,416
4 minutes ago, Franch Toast said:

Yes, the visuals remind me a lot of Gwen during the No Doubt Return of Saturn era. 

There was some controversy over gwen’s baby don’t lie sounding too much like this song when it was released. But ji was too unknown so no one really cared

Spoiler

• sad 1

Popstanne 5,076
1 minute ago, PETTY said:

There was some controversy over gwen’s baby don’t lie sounding too much like this song when it was released. But ji was too unknown so no one really cared

Hide contents

Did Baby Don't Lie come out after this? I was so focused on the visuals, but yes, I notice the similarities in the beat now that I listen to them side-by-side. i like Ji's better, but then, I am not a big fan of solo Gwen (I prefer ND Gwen). 

Gaming Leader 6,416
13 minutes ago, Franch Toast said:

Did Baby Don't Lie come out after this? I was so focused on the visuals, but yes, I notice the similarities in the beat now that I listen to them side-by-side. i like Ji's better, but then, I am not a big fan of solo Gwen (I prefer ND Gwen). 

Yes it was released same year but months after ji’s song

both bops tho :happydance:

• yaas, gaga 1

Moderator 3,690

I haven't had the time to comment on most artists/songs so I'm going to do a masterpost. 

@PETTY Wow, your compiled visuals are marvellous - talent! The song is a chill bop.

@Andreu Love that you chose a song that is not in English. It is extremely chill.

@Gypsy Life The song is extremely romantic, it is the first time I'm hearing a song in Thai language. Loves it.

@Juju The production is hypnotic and her flow is stunning.

@Franch ToastThe song is a bop.

@Elvira Love the visuals you compiled. The song is stunning!

@danwasdLove that you chose a song in Basque. 

• paws up 4

Moderator 3,690
17 minutes ago, Lorde Von Kok said:

I forgot to add, but your storyline @Joesuda really struck me. 

794788168531705857.png?v=1

I'm happy I could bring it to your attention. I've honestly learned that folklore and mythical stories can be relevant or relatable even thousands of years later. 

• paws up 1

Deactivated 14,311

@PETTY THOSE VISUALS BABES! Ugh slay me! Loved this song since 2014 as well tbh!! I love how the video is serving pandemic home quarantine realness before its time! I love the chilled out vibe too! Honestly TASTE!

• hugs 1

Moderator 6,288

@PETTY Great song and I really like the video! The song is super chill and she has a lovely voice. Visuals are amazing as expected! Thanks for sharing!

• hugs 1

ARTPOPster 1,279

@Andreu Never heard of them and the song is so cute! Loved their voices, the lyrics, whole mood and the aesthetic. Probably one of my favorites songs so far! :love:

@Joesuda I always saw Kerli as a B-list artist so I was surprised to see her 'cause I thought she was huge worldwide 'cause I've been hearing from her since idk, 2007? It feels like she's been on the road for more than 10 years... But well, loved your visuals and Diamond Hard is a good song + her looks are always a serve and I loved that you added the mythology. Definitely gonna work harder now that I know an artist like Kerli is on the game.

@PETTY GIRL, THE VISUALS I- I'm shaking for real. Your post is literally my favorite, the whole art is just FLAWLESS, I'm in love. I've never heard of Ji and she's beautiful! Her vocals are so good and the whole song has a smooth mood, the song reminded me of Te Amo by Rihanna, Baby Don't Lie by Gwen in a mix with something Selena would've done with Revival - and that's a good thing to me, I loved it. Can't wait for more from Ji and your visuals! 

Edited by Elvira
  • hugs 1

Moderator 6,288
2 minutes ago, Lorde Von Kok said:

@Roman @Dirkje 

For many timezones, we are embarking on the March 3rd. If you don't want to lose your advantage, you should post now. 

794714351138242561.gif?v=1

You right now:

tenor.gif

• lol 2
  • yaas, gaga 1

Community Leader 2,817

Good morning/afternoon/evening!

I was lucky enough to choose the United Kingdom for my country. They have an incredibly diverse music scene with many artistic visionaries ranging from Charli XCX to Rina Sawayama. There are many that have flown relatively underneath the international radar, and I hope to showcase my artist well. 

Viktoria Modesta, born in Latvia as Viktorija Moskaļova, is a 32-year-old singer who rose to fame in London (and I also share a birthday with her!). As an infant, her doctor neglected an injury which lead to her being in an out of hospitals. This was never fixed or heeled correctly, so in 2007 she had an amputation of her leg below the knee. She turned this into her voice and into power.

Viktoria-Modesta-Prosthetic-leg.jpg

She went to a local music school in Latvia, but at the age of 12 her family moved to London. At 15, she started modeling and has appeared on the covers of Bizarre and Skin Two. She was signed to famed agency IMG Models Worldwide in 2015.

3C9A3155.jpg?format=2500w

Modesta’s music and career, like many other artists, has been influenced greatly by her life, namely turning her disability into her power. She has multiple songs about this, most notably her song “Prototype.” However, she does not want this to be her only defining attribute. Modesta’s song “FEVAH” is her claiming another love and life for herself. She sings, “Setting on fire from within, sweating with desire on my skin. Dying to collide with you, I’m ready for another life; another cure, a fever.”

54a7463b82986_-_elle-01-viktoria-modesta

The song “FEVAH” is the one I am presenting to you today with a music video inspired by Shakespeare’s “A Midsummer Night’s Dream.” In this video, she is depicted as Titania, the wife that was poisoned to fall in love with the first person she sees when she wakes. As Titania(Viktoria) awakes, she did not see the man who poisoned her, but the man he had cursed. Titania fell in love with a man who was cursed to have the head of a donkey and proceeds to sing about being ready for this new love.

MV5BMjFiZWRhZTAtZDFlOC00NWE2LWI4NTgtZTA3

I present the world’s first bionic popstar: Viktoria Modesta in “FEVAH.”

• paws up 4
  • yaas, gaga 5