PA911's Globalvision - S1: Into the Galaxy

Lorde Von Kok

Popstanne 5,076

@Juju, I love that song and the artist. Her voice is so rich, and the beats so catchy –– I can totally see it being used in a film or picture it being played in a club.

@danwasd, I love the creativity in your song choice, and your rationale for picking a Basque song. (Yay for minority languages!) The instruments used are really fun  and quirky –– I'm a sucker for accordions. This reminds me of something that Postmodern Jukebox would sing. 

I want to hear more by both artists, which is an excellent sign, but did y'all have to be such formidable competition? :kiss:

• hugs 1

Moderator 16,444

@Bakugo

This is an interesting and pretty experimental song. It's definitely very unique in this competition. It has a nice blend of trap elements and synth work. I like it!

@Franch Toast

I heard the song before I started working on my term paper in it made working very hard because while I was thinking of the late Roman Republic somewhere in my mind I heard "I just want to hurt you back!" all the time :laughga: Thank you for that earworm.

@Elvira

It's a pure and fun pop track. I don't know what I expected when I clicked on it, but sometimes expectations don't give us a real picture of the surprise. Just know that I think you chose an excellent song for Globalvision.

@danwasd

A folk song :whatga: Someone found out that I really like Zaz and her music is what this song reminds me of. It sounds like someone just had a little song in their heart and wanted to get it out. The casual and even kind of rustic feel of the song is just fantastic.

• paws up 1
  • hugs 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 13,728
  • @Bakugo. I really resonate with the song and its lyrics, specially taking into account that I’m a sucker for autotune-y voice effects. The you shouldn't have to hide / embrace it, you're somebody's favorite is a masterpiece. A new discovery on this year and, most probably, a group I’ll hear more in the following days. The MV, on the other hand, gives me FKA Twigs vibes, very cool. :gaga-thanks:

• @Franch Toast. A bop, honestly. Maybe someone could argue that you played too secure with a pop banger, but you came here to win, didn’t you? And the I just want to hurt you back line? Chile, iconic. 

• @Elvira. The song very rapidly reminded me of some A-list MPG, even though I cannot pinpoint which one. Another very clearly pop banger. Chile, the good taste y’all have. The lyrics and some parts of the song remind me of reputation-era Taylor, phew! :whatga:

• @Juju/Ms. Eva Max Updates. 2:51? The new Adrianna, wbk. The heaviness of the bass is something Ms. @Andreu would suck for (maybe other things too in your case, but let’s not enter there), and I don’t blame him, to be fair. Even though it’s in German it goes directly to my AM playlist. A song that is hard to resist and not start feeling sexy, ngl :happydance:

• lol 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Moderator 6,288
21 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Mine is so bad I need to change country ASAP 

if @SLAG can be let in the game then I can change my country 

spacer.png

a7UOGhh.jpg

• paws up 1
  • lol 8

Popstanne 5,076
7 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Once again, I’m appealing to @Lorde Von Kok to change my global vision country. #ListenToTheYouth

spacer.png

Don't you have South Korea? That country is full of bops. 

• shook 1
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 13,728
10 minutes ago, SLAG said:

Can I get a public apology for being dragged into the mess? I can just be minding my business. :arguega: @Delusional

Minding your business? Shouldn't you be doing your mod duties? Truly living up to your legend, Ms. SLUG :whatga:

• sad 1

Deactivated 14,311
3 hours ago, danwasd said:
  • @Bakugo. I really resonate with the song and its lyrics, specially taking into account that I’m a sucker for autotune-y voice effects. The you shouldn't have to hide / embrace it, you're somebody's favorite is a masterpiece. A new discovery on this year and, most probably, a group I’ll hear more in the following days. The MV, on the other hand, gives me FKA Twigs vibes, very cool. :gaga-thanks:

Thank you babes! I really was digging yours! It is completely different to what we have heard here yet! I love hearing non-english songs and how they can still make you move!

• hugs 1

A Popster Is Born 17,086

Let's go fads.

1-20210302-001230-0000.png

THAILAND

2-20210302-001230-0001.png

BILLKIN
Billkin is a 21yo Thai singer/actor. I chose him as my artist as I consider him the male Lady Gaga, he's similarly acclaimed and successful in both music and acting, just recently had his ASIB moment, and is a gay ally (there's also a rumor he's a hunty but you never know)

2-20210302-001943-0001.png

CAN'T TRANSLATE (or แปลไม่ออก)

The song is in Thai and is called "Can't Translate". It's one of the OSTs of Thai gay drama "I Told Sunset About You", which he was also the lead of, and is one of the most acclaimed Asian dramas of all time. It's not main OST, but it's the better song of the soundtrack. You could say it's the Always Remember Us This Way of the show.

The 2 main characters are best friends that spend day and night together, and the song is from Billkin's character point of view in which he starts to realize he's always been in love with his friend, but have never been able to translate his feelings into words or actions.

If anyone is interested, I'd actually highly recommend the show. It's one of the best shows you'll ever watch. There's also another version of the song sung by the other guy.

Video: (turn CC on for the English lyrics)

Spoiler

Tag list:

@Lorde Von Kok @Anveeroy @Elizabeth II @Twitter

@Grasim @Juju @little legend @Joesuda @Dirkje @Gypsy Life @Andreu @PETTY @Bakugo  @JennyWayne @Delusional @Joannesrats @danwasd @Elvira @Franch Toast@Roman@SLAG

• paws up 5
  • yaas, gaga 7

Moderator 6,288

@Gypsy Life this is probably my first time hearing a Thai song and I really love this. The song is beautiful. The artist has an amazing voice! The video was great. Thanks for introducing us to him!

• paws up 2

Deactivated 14,311

@Gypsy Life This was utterly beautiful and the music video matched! Ugh! Tug at my heart strings! Thank you so much for this!! Let me wipe my eyes at his voice! BEAUTIFUL!

• paws up 1

Gaming Leader 6,416

Thailand: I think this may be my favorite presentation and song today! I love the clean layout of your presentation but more so, I love this song. The production of the song is great and I think his voice is beautiful. He’s also a cutie :whatga: thanks for introducing us @Gypsy Life

spacer.png

Day 1 (Overall): a lot of strong submissions today, I think it was a great start to the competition! I’m so excited for the rest :gaga-thanks:

• paws up 2

ARTPOPster 1,279

@JujuOmg this is SO good???? She's STUNNING and the song is so so good, I don't speak German but I can if you like but I've listened like 3x in a row? And the video - just wow, the sparkling look, the lights and the whole mood, I f-ing loved it. Definitely gonna look for Juju and can't wait for more!

@danwasd I love how the song is in Basque, I've lived in Spain for some time for some reason I've always been curious for Basque and Catalan, and also that you chose a group! The song sounds very "local" which I appreciate and I think it was a nice way to introduce them, I liked the song and I also wanna see more from them!

@Gypsy Life He's adorable and so is the song, so beautiful and his voice is so smooth and fantastic. Thailand is one of the places I dream of visiting and such a talented artist like him only boost my dream. Thank you for introducing him to us!

Y'all making me worried about my choice :enigma:

Edited by Elvira
  • paws up 2