Ceremony | CHROMATICA

Impossible Princess

Popster to Popster 2,686

FREAK OUT! FREAK OUT! FREAK OUT! 

Welcome to the first megarate ceremony of POPA911 on our beloved Lady Gaga's CHROMATICA 

Ceremony.png

“This music actually healed me.” That’s the hopeful message Lady Gaga brings with her as she emerges from something of a career detour—having mostly abandoned dance pop in favor of her 2016 album Joanne’s more stripped-back sound and the intimate singer-songwriter fare of 2018’s A Star Is Born. She returns with Chromatica, a concept album about an Oz-like virtual world of colors—produced by BloodPop®, who also worked on Joanne—and it’s a return to form for the disco diva. “I’m making a dance record again,” Gaga tells Apple Music, “and this dance floor, it’s mine, and I earned it.” As with many artists, music is a form of therapy for Gaga, helping her exorcise the demons of past family traumas. But it wasn’t until she could embrace her own struggles—with mental health, addiction and recovery, the trauma of sexual assault—that she felt free enough to start dancing again. “All that stuff that I went through, I don’t have to feel pain about it anymore. It can just be a part of me, and I can keep going.” And that’s the freedom she wants her fans to experience—even if it will be a while before most of them can enjoy the new album in a club setting. “I can’t wait to dance with people to this music,” says Gaga. But until then, she hopes they’ll find a little therapy in the music, like she did. “It turns out if you believe in yourself, sometimes you’re good enough. I would love for people that listen to this record to feel and hear that.” Below, Lady Gaga walks us through some of the key tracks on Chromatica and explains the stories behind them.

edfc0a322449a04ee95911208036e2b97c13bb7e

Tracklist:

1. Chromatica I

2. Alice

3. Stupid Love

4. Rain on Me (with Ariana Grande)

5. Free Woman

6. Fun Tonight

7. Chromatica II

8. 911

9. Plastic Doll

10. Sour Candy (with Blackpink)

11. Enigma

12. Replay

13. Chromatica III

14. Sine from Above (with Elton John)

15. 1000 Doves

16. Babylon

17. Love Me Right 

18. 1000 Doves (Piano Demo) 

f2e5c7a8a30ab793721cc94b3d583540318d4a97

Megarate Visuals by @Spinning Bottles

Result

Spoiler

1. Replay 9.34
2. Rain on Me (with Ariana Grande) 9.12
3. Babylon 8.76
4. Alice 8.5
5. Sine from Above (with Elton John) 8.48
6. 911 8.46
7. Sour Candy (with Blackpink) 7.99
8. Enigma 7.96
9. 1000 Doves (Piano Demo) 7.78
10. 1000 Doves 7.54
11. Fun Tonight 7.42
12. Stupid Love 7.39
13. Free Woman 7.18
14. Love Me Right 6.83
15. Plastic Doll 6.64

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 2,686
  • admin featured and pinned this topic
Popster to Popster 2,686
3 minutes ago, Twitter said:

I’m ready to see ROM win again.

spacer.png

Reveal hidden contents

@Anveeroy omg you should have let me do the visuals for this megarate!!! :gaga-scream:

You were too busy with everything, that's why I didn't ask you. Next one is Artpop, would love to have the visuals from you! 🌸

• yaas, gaga 1

ARTPOPster 1,331

I'm fine with Alice, Babylon or Replay taking the crown, ROM was the winner last time so it can take a seat! 

Manifesting the winners! :shakes:

• paws up 1

ARTPOPster 1,331
Just now, Anveeroy said:

The results are highly polarizing, some of you might lose sleep at night! :ally:

I swear if Plastic Doll wins, I'll subscribe to Gagadaily:pillow::unamused:

• lol 1

• Lorde Von Kok changed the title to Ceremony | CHROMATICA
  • admin unfeatured and unpinned this topic