All Things 🇺🇸 Politics: SCOTUS Officially Overturns Roe Vs Wade - Abortion Now Illegal

MANiCURE1295

Pop-a-911-ster 32,628

Day 78 - President Biden Issues 6 Initial Actions & Executive Orders on Gun Control

1) The Justice Department, within 30 days, will issue a proposed rule to help stop the proliferation of “ghost guns.” 

Criminals are buying kits containing nearly all of the components and directions for finishing a firearm within as little as 30 minutes and using these firearms to commit crimes. When these firearms turn up at crime scenes, they often cannot be traced by law enforcement due to the lack of a serial number. The Justice Department will issue a proposed rule to help stop the proliferation of these firearms.

2) The Justice Department, within 60 days, will issue a proposed rule to make clear when a device marketed as a stabilizing brace effectively turns a pistol into a short-barreled rifle subject to the requirements of the National Firearms Act. 

The alleged shooter in the Boulder tragedy last month appears to have used a pistol with an arm brace, which can make a firearm more stable and accurate while still being concealable.

3) The Justice Department, within 60 days, will publish model “red flag” legislation for states. 

Red flag laws allow family members or law enforcement to petition for a court order temporarily barring people in crisis from accessing firearms if they present a danger to themselves or others. The President urges Congress to pass an appropriate national “red flag” law, as well as legislation incentivizing states to pass “red flag” laws of their own. In the interim, the Justice Department’s published model legislation will make it easier for states that want to adopt red flag laws to do so.

4) The Administration is investing in evidence-based community violence interventions. 

Community violence interventions are proven strategies for reducing gun violence in urban communities through tools other than incarceration. Because cities across the country are experiencing a historic spike in homicides, the Biden-Harris Administration is taking a number of steps to prioritize investment in community violence interventions. The American Jobs Plan proposes a $5 billion investment over eight years to support community violence intervention programs. A key part of community violence intervention strategies is to help connect individuals to job training and job opportunities.

In addition, 5 federal agencies are making changes to 26 different programs to direct vital support to community violence intervention programs as quickly as possible. These changes mean we can start increasing investments in community violence interventions as we wait on Congress to appropriate additional fund

5) The Justice Department will issue an annual report on firearms trafficking. 

In 2000, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF) issued a report summarizing information regarding its investigations into firearms trafficking, which is one way firearms are diverted into the illegal market where they can easily end up in the hands of dangerous individuals. Since the report’s publication, states, local, and federal policymakers have relied on its data to better thwart the common channels of firearms trafficking. The Justice Department will issue a new, comprehensive report on firearms trafficking and annual updates necessary to give policymakers the information they need to help address firearms trafficking today.

6) The President will nominate David Chipman to serve as Director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms. 

ATF is the key agency enforcing our gun laws, and it needs a confirmed director in order to do the job to the best of its ability. But ATF has not had a confirmed director since 2015. Chipman served at ATF for 25 years and now works to advance commonsense gun safety laws.

Elizabeth Warren Gun Control GIF

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 1
  • thanks 2
  • yaas, gaga 1

• MANiCURE1295 changed the title to All Things 🇺🇸Politics: Biden Issues Gun Control Executive Orders
Pop-a-911-ster 32,628

Day 79 - 1 Executive Order Signed by President Biden

Creation of a Supreme Court Commission

President Biden will sign an executive order Friday establishing a commission to study whether to add seats to the Supreme Court and other reform proposals, the White House announced, fulfilling a promise he made on the campaign trail.

It will delve into the issue of potentially expanding the court - an idea that has been floated by some progressives but heavily criticized by Republicans - and which Biden himself has been cool to, though without explicitly ruling out the option.

"The Commission's purpose is to provide an analysis of the principal arguments in the contemporary public debate for and against Supreme Court reform, including an appraisal of the merits and legality of particular reform proposals," the White House said in a release. "The topics it will examine include the genesis of the reform debate; the Court's role in the Constitutional system; the length of service and turnover of justices on the Court; the membership and size of the Court; and the Court's case selection, rules, and practices."

The White House said that the commission will hold public meetings to hear arguments from experts and interested parties. It will be required to complete a report on its work within 180 days of its first public meeting. 

Biden in October said he was "not a fan" of the so-called court-packing option, a proposal to expand the number of seats on the court as a way to dilute the influence of conservative majority. Six of the nine justices on the court are now conservative jurists.

Cbs What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

• paws up 4

Pop-a-911-ster 32,628
3 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

Joe and Kamala have gotten their official portraits done!

I think they look great! :oscar:

red carpet grammys GIF by E!

YASSS JOE & KAMALA

no offense to #45 but it’s kinda funny how horrible looking he truly was :icant:... like I know Biden is old but he’s still killing it in that photo and putting Trump to shame honestly. 

Madam VP looking hella good too :oscar:

• yaas, gaga 2

Pop-a-911-ster 32,628

Biden held his first Bipartisan meeting regarding his Infrastructure bill since it’s announcement...You can click the tweet and it will take you a thread about the meeting.

Highlights seem to be that Wicker (R) said that cutting any parts of the 2017 Tax law by Trump will most likely a no go for the GOP.

Biden said to the group that there are 58 corporations who are not paying taxes. Wicker said he’d be willing to work with Biden on that issue but not undo tax law....another meeting is scheduled for next week including Republican Whip John Thune...

Biden resisted paring back the price of the package. At the meeting, Deb Fischer (R) says she urged Biden to go “segment by segment” on infrastructure but Biden didn’t indicate a willingness to go that route.

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • thanks 3

Popster to Popster 4,583
26 minutes ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

Biden held his first Bipartisan meeting regarding his Infrastructure bill since it’s announcement...You can click the tweet and it will take you a thread about the meeting.

Highlights seem to be that Wicker (R) said that cutting any parts of the 2017 Tax law by Trump will most likely a no go for the GOP.

Biden said to the group that there are 58 corporations who are not paying taxes. Wicker said he’d be willing to work with Biden on that issue but not undo tax law....another meeting is scheduled for next week including Republican Whip John Thune...

Biden resisted paring back the price of the package. At the meeting, Deb Fischer (R) says she urged Biden to go “segment by segment” on infrastructure but Biden didn’t indicate a willingness to go that route.

I'm glad that he is rejecting their call to go piece by piece, that would just get caught in a mire and Rs would be able to kill it without ever giving ground 

• yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,628

Really thought this was a cool article with graphics breaking down every Democratic Senator and their their position to reforming the filibuster....nice read and honestly very informative to see where each Senator stands....and obviously very important as the filibuster conversation will determine how much Biden can accomplish. Suggest for anyone with a couple of minutes!!!!!

Hope y’all are having a good week:prideheart:

• paws up 1
  • shook 1
  • thanks 1
  • love 3

Pop-a-911-ster 32,628
18 minutes ago, Starboy said:

This is the vaccine I’m supposed to get on Friday :mess:

I’m not worried about blood clots since it’s it’s pretty rare, I’m more worried about having to reschedule for another day

Yeah I saw this in the news, thanks for sharing!!! Yeah I read a tweet that was like “you have a better chance of getting hit by a car on your way to get the vaccine” then you do actually getting the clot side effect...:billie:

but that stinks for you, I’m sorry. I have mine scheduled Wednesday but it’s the Moderna vaccine....wishing the best for you!!!!! :romance:

(even if you are an Eagles fan...:billie:)

• thanks 1

• MANiCURE1295 changed the title to All Things 🇺🇸Politics: FDA Halts Use of J&J Vaccine
Pop-a-911-ster 32,628

Sorry to keep tagging y’all in sh!t today but there is a lot going on today....big news regarding the US leaving Afghanistan.....

As you may or may not know Trump I believe had set a deadline of May 1st 2021 but when Biden took office he said that just was not realistic given the circumstances on the ground. Biden is now vowing by the 20th anniversary of the war in Afghanistan the US Troops will be fully withdrawn and this is NOT CONDITIONS BASED. We’re out!

huge news guys honestly....

• paws up 5
  • shook 1

Popster to Popster 3,889
42 minutes ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

Sorry to keep tagging y’all in sh!t today but there is a lot going on today....big news regarding the US leaving Afghanistan.....

As you may or may not know Trump I believe had set a deadline of May 1st 2021 but when Biden took office he said that just was not realistic given the circumstances on the ground. Biden is now vowing by the 20th anniversary of the war in Afghanistan the US Troops will be fully withdrawn and this is NOT CONDITIONS BASED. We’re out!

This is huge and I'm so glad we're reached this point...

It's insane to think it's been 20 years. Damn.

• love 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,628
1 hour ago, lavenderblondee said:

This is huge and I'm so glad we're reached this point...

It's insane to think it's been 20 years. Damn.

1 hour ago, Starboy said:

Yes! I saw this earlier and thought it was quite monumental. Very happy that troops will finally be brought back home. There’s no reason why they should be or why they should’ve been there in the first place.

okay Jeanne f- off :ohyes: we’ve been there 20 DAMN YEARS ITS TIME TO f-ING LEAVE STOP ACTING LIKE YOURE HELPING THE AFGHAN WOMEN LIKE OMG

im sorry I saw this and was like instantly furious. She should get to stepping to Afghanistan if she wants to remain there so bad. Ugh. :stopga:

How about you vote to increase the minimum wage and you help people IN YOUR OWN COUNTRY instead of being obsessed with staying in another country for 20+ years

...on the flip side you have intelligent Senators like Chris Murphy :oscar: like YAS Murphy out those endless war cheerleaders in their place 

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • yaas, gaga 1

Kindness Admin 6,892
On 4/13/2021 at 9:06 AM, MANiCURE1295 said:

Really thought this was a cool article with graphics breaking down every Democratic Senator and their their position to reforming the filibuster....nice read and honestly very informative to see where each Senator stands....and obviously very important as the filibuster conversation will determine how much Biden can accomplish. Suggest for anyone with a couple of minutes!!!!!

Hope y’all are having a good week:prideheart:

This is really cool, thank you for this! Going to send this to a few friends.

On 4/13/2021 at 10:51 AM, Starboy said:

This is the vaccine I’m supposed to get on Friday :mess:

I’m not worried about blood clots since it’s it’s pretty rare, I’m more worried about having to reschedule for another day

Yeah, this makes sense since it uses the same approach as AstraZeneca. The numbers people are shouting around are a little inaccurate (comparing likelihood of blood clots compared to other things) - since the 7 million handed out are largely not in the target cohort which is susceptible. Also, the fatality rate for this is potentially higher than others. That said, it is very small and once we understand it - we should be able to protect against it and hopefully catch any flare ups and handle them.

On 4/13/2021 at 12:47 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

So wild. I'm glad we're getting out although sad we're leaving the country so rife for turmoil. I absolutely do not have a nuanced enough understanding of situation to have any idea what we should do or should have done, but it's clear that we can't have the effect that we want without staying in there forever. 

• paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 32,628

A couple interesting things today.....

Senator Shelley Moore Capito (R-WV) was one of the Republicans who was invited to the Bipartisan meeting on Biden’s infrastructure.....Sen. Mitt Romney (R-UT) tells reporters that her cost “seems a little high." :icant: imagine thinking 800B is too much to spend on infrastructure and THAT number being the compromise....

Some notes...

Capito’s proposed payfors:

- Vehicle Miles Traveled tax
- road usage fees for electric vehicles
- repurposing $$ from coronavirus relief

......Not on the list: corporate rate hikes

This could turn into Coronavirus relief talks 2.0: Biden proposal 2+ trillion, GOP counter 600-800B, everyone refuses to budge, reconciliation, TADA!!!! 

ALSO....

“He declined to share details but it's likely $11, per Joe Manchin”

....AZ minimum wage is 12.15:katy: does Sinema think she’s fooling ANYONE after her stunt

• paws up 4

Pop-a-911-ster 32,628
39 minutes ago, Starboy said:

Horrifying.

Absolutely horrific that this is happening RIGHT DOWN THE STREET (hyperbole but basically) from the Chauvin trial...which is also a police murder case in THE EXACT SAME STATE.

The imagery and irony in this situation is just...horrible. Like..I don’t know what to say....all because a trained professional of over 20 years couldn’t “tell the difference” between her taser and gun and “accidentally” happened to kill another black man...something is clearly wrong with the MN police force...I don’t agree with Rashida Talib’s recent comments of getting rid of the police cause I honestly just don’t think that would be a viable situation but reform is SERIOUSLY NEEDED RIGHT THE f- NOW..LIKE YESTERDAY

Also I’m so sick of police constantly being able to kill young black people and always get away with it. People need to start paying for this...something better come of this.

im so sick and tired of all of this and have prevented from posting about if for this reason. Like how many more names do we need to remember. Jacob Blake, Breonna Taylor, George Floyd, Aubrey Ahmed, Duante Wright...AND MANY MORE.

IM DONE

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 1
  • thanks 1
  • love 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,628

ARTICLE: https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/administration/548367-biden-administration-unveils-sweeping-sanctions-on-russia%3famp

A PRESIDENT THAT ISN’T BUTT BUDDIES WITH PUTIN?!?!

I haven’t known this feeling in a long time :laughga:

• yaas, gaga 2

• MANiCURE1295 changed the title to All Things 🇺🇸Politics: Biden Issues Sanctions on Russia
Kindness Admin 6,892
1 hour ago, Starboy said:

Happy to see him take action against Russia. They’ve been acting with impunity for too long. I wonder what actions Biden will take should Russia invade Ukraine in the foreseeable future (which seems likely)

For sure. I wish they'd take even more action tho for their crimes against LGTBQIA+

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,628

WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT

13 year old Adam Toledo shot WITH HIS HANDS IN THE AIR....after my rant yesterday I just have no words y’all. Should I just add him to the list?

Un-f-ing-believable.......I think I’m gonna log off for a bit and try to...idk just try to breathe and relax...go for a walk or something 

• sad 4

Pop-a-911-ster 32,628

White House has now said that the reason the cap hasn’t been lifted is that the Office of Refugee Resettlement has been overwhelmed. They are now expediting and reallocating the current backlog. But they are keeping the cap at a historic low of 15k. 

Instead, he will sign an emergency determination that will cast a wider net of who can arrive to the US under the refugee ceiling currently in place.

TERRIBLE DECISION AND WALKBACK BY BIDEN

Embarrassed Shame GIF

Edited by MANiCURE1295

Kindness Admin 6,892
1 minute ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

White House has now said that the reason the cap hasn’t been lifted is that the Office of Refugee Resettlement has been overwhelmed. They are now expediting and reallocating the current backlog. But they are keeping the cap at a historic low of 15k

TERRIBLE DECISION AND WALKBACK BY BIDEN

Embarrassed Shame GIF

I also read that the overwhelmed border is nearly entirely separate from the Office of RR, so that his excuse there makes no sense. What a mess. I understand a LOT is going on, but he's going to have to give a MUCH better and logical reason for us not to assume this is just him trying to win another election.

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1
  • love 1

• MANiCURE1295 changed the title to All Things 🇺🇸 Politics: SCOTUS Officially Overturns Roe Vs Wade - Abortion Now Illegal