All Things 🇺🇸 Politics: SCOTUS Officially Overturns Roe Vs Wade - Abortion Now Illegal

MANiCURE1295

Pop-a-911-ster 32,603
1 hour ago, admin said:

I also read that the overwhelmed border is nearly entirely separate from the Office of RR, so that his excuse there makes no sense. What a mess. I understand a LOT is going on, but he's going to have to give a MUCH better and logical reason for us not to assume this is just him trying to win another election.

Clearly the administration is worried about the optics of them accepting more people into the country as the GOP b*ches and moans about the overwhelmed border...you’re right though. It’s obviously not an excuse. Even as a Biden supporter throughout this thread I am disappointed with them.

Edit: everyone in congress from Leahy, Omar, Menendez, and AOC railing on the Biden Admin for this :icant:

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,603

The quick walkback after a huge wave of prominent Democrats sent a stampede of tweets critiquing them for this decision  :billie:

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 3

Kindness Admin 6,892
9 minutes ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

The quick walkback after a huge wave of prominent Democrats sent a stampede of tweets critiquing them for this decision  :billie:

Watch them announce they're gonna increase it by 1,000 until then. ARTPOP sold more last week.

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,603
1 minute ago, admin said:

Watch them announce they're gonna increase it by 1,000 until then. ARTPOP sold more last week.

Imagine us being in the press room “yes Jen, the administration announced an increase by 1K, Billboard is reporting Lady Gaga’s flop 2013 album sold more than that many copies last week, can you explain the administration’s decision?”

Shocked Media GIF by Leroy Patterson

• yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,603

Update to OP:

* Charles Booker announced an exploratory committee for the Kentucky Senate Seat in 2022, he previously lost the Democratic primary to Amy McGrath 45.41%-42.62% even though she raised out raised him MILLIONS of dollars thanks to the support of the DNC. She went on to lose to then Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell 57.8% - 38.2% 

* Former Governor of North Carolina Pat McCrory entered the 2022 senate race in North Carolina. He previously lost to Democrat Roy Cooper in 2016 (a state that at the time Trump had won by more than 3%)...he enters the race as the most well known among any announced candidate, surging past Mark Walker. Lara Trump and US Rep Ted Budd are also considering runs..

* Former Dallas Cowboys Runningback (@NYNJ Nights :icant:Hershel Walker has been encouraged by Trump to run for Georgia's Senate seat in 2022....No he doesn't have any prior political experience in office, I think he was in a Kelly Loeffler ad though and a huge Trump supporter......

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,689
2 hours ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

* Former Dallas Cowboys Runningback (@NYNJ Nights :icant:Hershel Walker has been encouraged by Trump to run for Georgia's Senate seat in 2022....No he doesn't have any prior political experience in office, I think he was in a Kelly Loeffler ad though and a huge Trump supporter......

:eyega: even more of a reason to despise them Cowboys....but jokes aside, not surprised, I remember when Trump picked him to be on the Celebrity Apprentice too

• lol 1

Popster to Popster 3,689

I wasn't sure whether to lol or like your comment @MANiCURE1295 :icant: but on the latter thanks for sharing. I feel like both sides will be campaigning hard for the midterm elections as there is a lot at stake. I'm just as nervous as I was for the 2020 elections. The dems made a run for seats in 2018, but didn't make as large of a splash as I had hoped

• love 1

Popstanne 5,076
5 minutes ago, Starboy said:

Not a huge fan of McConaughhey but I’d much rather have him as my Governor than Abbot. So count me in on supporting him :cm:

Do we know whether he'd run as a Republican or a Democrat? (I couldn't read the article, which is behind a paywall for me.)

Pop-a-911-ster 32,603

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/7267902002

DONT EVER LET YOUR REPUBLICAN FRIENDS SCREAM RUSSIAN HOAX :nicki_scream:

Any sane person knew that Trump and his campaign helped Russia interfere in our elections but glad to see it finally confirmed. Can’t wait to send this to my Republican family members :billie:

• thanks 2
  • lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,603
On 4/17/2021 at 3:50 PM, NYNJ Nights said:

I wasn't sure whether to lol or like your comment @MANiCURE1295 :icant: but on the latter thanks for sharing. I feel like both sides will be campaigning hard for the midterm elections as there is a lot at stake. I'm just as nervous as I was for the 2020 elections. The dems made a run for seats in 2018, but didn't make as large of a splash as I had hoped

I feel better about Dems maintaining control of the Senate in 2022 than I do House tbh. I honestly think the chances of maintaining majority in the senate is really possible just looking at the senators up and battleground states.

5 hours ago, Starboy said:

Not a huge fan of McConaughhey but I’d much rather have him as my Governor than Abbot. So count me in on supporting him :cm:

Anyone has to be better than Abbott honestly...he’s so inept. I didn’t know you were a Texas resident...a Philly fan living in Texas huh? Must be rough near all those cowboys fans....:icant:

Thoughts on Ted Cruz? Does he make you as ill as Susan Collin makes me feel :billie:

Ted Cruz Travel GIF by GIPHY News

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,603
12 minutes ago, Starboy said:

Exactly. I didn’t mind him before but he’s just supported some terrible laws recently and I think it’s just time for him to go. Also he’s a huge hypocrite.

But yes, sadly I live right in the middle of Cowboys country...like literally live 5 minutes away from their stadium :dead: you have no idea :dead:

Oh he definitely makes me p*ssed. Hate him with a passion, especially when he made the trip to Cancun :katy:. It was such a sad night when Beto lost to him. I was sitting there in my Beto merch watching the election results come in :toofunny:

Sara Gideon had come into my boyfriends local clothing store that he works at so much that they became such good acquittances...seeing her lose to Susan Collins was so heartbreaking....so...been with you there :bradley: 

But yeah I was rooting for Beto hard as well...Cruz is so despicable :dead:...that’s one thing we can agree on, even if it’s not football teams :laughga:

• hugs 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,603

^^Biden met with this group of lawmakers last week, including 2 Dem senators and 2 Rep senators

Biden is again meeting with another Bipartisan group tomorrow....including 3 Democrats and 2 Republicans and a handful of Reps..moderates Angus King (ME), Mitt Romney (UT), and Jeanne Shaheen (NH) are invited so I’m gonna I’m interested in their comments coming out of the meeting....:whatga:

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • yaas, gaga 1

• MANiCURE1295 changed the title to All Things 🇺🇸Politics: Chauvin Found Guilty on All 3 Charges
Pop-a-911-ster 32,603
3 hours ago, NotDoctor said:

Bye b*ch!

I'm shocked and relieved 

1 hour ago, Paradise is in my hands said:

Justice!

2 hours ago, Starboy said:

Ngl I kinda saw this coming. It would have honestly been surprising to me if he wasn’t found guilty since the evidence was quite overwhelming.

1 hour ago, Franch Toast said:

This is a start. 

Do you guys think something can actually happen?

Republican Tim Scott of South Carolina and Democrat Cory Booker of New Jersey are the heads of tackling and trying to get bill together that could pass in the senate...guess I’ll be keeping my eyes open...please just say something substantial....

Literally at the point right now that I would accept a compromised bill if it actually addresses some of the issues key issues, we need some sort of reform and we need to accomplish SOMETHING. Please god!

Popstanne 5,076
11 minutes ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

Do you guys think something can actually happen?

Republican Tim Scott of South Carolina and Democrat Cory Booker of New Jersey are the heads of tackling and trying to get bill together that could pass in the senate...guess I’ll be keeping my eyes open...please just say something substantial....

Literally at the point right now that I would accept a compromised bill if it actually addresses some of the issues key issues, we need some sort of reform and we need to accomplish SOMETHING. Please god!

I honestly don't know. I hope so, but this verdict is only the first step in accountability, and I feel like there is still an extremely long road ahead. 

I want to be cautiously optimistic, but I'm also cynical. 

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,603

Thought this was a great article giving an update on where things stand, seems like Senator Tim Scott’s compromise on qualified immunity is shifting those lawsuits from the police officers to their employers (IE police stations) 

many thoughts after reading the article?

“But on Wednesday, Republican Sen. Tim Scott of South Carolina said he is proposing shifting the burden of responsibility from individual police officers to their employers: police departments. He said the idea of allowing police departments to be taken to court but not individual officers "seems to be resonating" in his talks with both Democrats and Republicans.”

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • shook 1

• MANiCURE1295 changed the title to All Things 🇺🇸 Politics: SCOTUS Officially Overturns Roe Vs Wade - Abortion Now Illegal