All Things 🇺🇸 Politics: SCOTUS Officially Overturns Roe Vs Wade - Abortion Now Illegal

MANiCURE1295

Pop-a-911-ster 32,618

I f-ing love Jen :laughga:....also really...Emerald...her parents clearly wasn’t expecting an occupation in media her their baby girl  :ohhh:

Jen Psaki GIF by GIPHY News

Edited by MANiCURE1295

Pop-a-911-ster 32,618

A couple of noteworthy news/updates today...

The U.S. will protect gay and transgender people against sex discrimination in health care, the Biden administration announced Monday, reversing a Trump-era policy that sought to narrow the scope of legal rights in sensitive situations involving medical care.

The action by the Department of Health and Human Services affirms that federal laws forbidding sex discrimination in health care also protect gay and transgender people. The Trump administration had defined “sex” to mean gender assigned at birth, thereby excluding transgender people from the law’s umbrella of protection.

And an article with updates on “possible bipartisan legislation” such a infrastructure, police reform, China, voting rights, etc

BIG WEEK FOR MEETINGS:

5/10 - Biden meeting with Senators Tom Carper and Joe Manchin on infrastructure/families plan

5/11 - Biden meeting with Senator Sinema to discuss the American Jobs Plan and infrastructure talks

5/12 - Biden meets with Leadership including Senate minority leader Mitch McConnell and House Minority leader Kevin McCarthy as well as Pelosi and Schumer

5/13 - Biden to meet with Sen. Capito, Senator Barrasso, Senator Blunt, Senator Crapo, Senator Toomey & Senator Wicker to discuss GOP counter offer to Infrastructure...

Edit: 

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 1

• MANiCURE1295 changed the title to All Things 🇺🇸Politics: This Week — Meetings on Infrastructure
Pop-a-911-ster 32,618
1 hour ago, Starboy said:

A lot going on in these past few days...

Yeah seriously, Caitlyn Jenner, Israel & Palestine conflict, not to mention all the Liz Cheney stuff...meetings with Manchin and Sinema, meetings with congressional leadership, meetings with GOP senators....BUSY WEEK  

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,618

YALL IM DEAD:laughga: sorry for the tag on such a small scale tweet but I thought it was too funny not to share 

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • lol 5

Pop-a-911-ster 32,618

This is all such a joke, I really hope this comes back to bite the GOP in 2022 & 2024

not that I like Cheney at all..cause I don’t but I think we all know how messed up it is that they’re booting her because she refuses to tell the Big Lie...this is freaking history in the making today.

• paws up 2

• MANiCURE1295 changed the title to All Things 🇺🇸Politics: Cheney to be Ousted from GOP Leadership
Popster to Popster 4,583
8 hours ago, Starboy said:

ANOTHER wild development in this already wild week :enigma:

I would love to see it but if it’s mostly former government officials, I don’t know that it will make any impact

2 minutes ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

This is all such a joke, I really hope this comes back to bite the GOP in 2022 & 2024

not that I like Cheney at all..cause I don’t but I think we all know how messed up it is that they’re booting her because she refuses to tell the Big Lie...this is freaking history in the making today.

At least they are who we always knew they were. No need to pretend any longer I guess

• paws up 1

• MANiCURE1295 changed the title to All Things 🇺🇸Politics: Liz Cheney Ousted from GOP Leadership
Pop-a-911-ster 32,618
13 minutes ago, Starboy said:

It really is but this only strengthens Republicans for the time being. They’re only concerned with the short-term impacts they’ll make and it’s extremely sad. I think with a more unified leadership in the House, they’re more likely to achieve a majority in the midterms.

I think Mitt Romney said it pretty well....

tell me how this helps them gain votes? They already struggled with college educated voters and suburban woman, you think this helps? I certainly don’t....I think they seriously risk alienating a portion of their voters...sure the leadership is united but how united are their voters..that is yet to be seen but we saw those cracks in the 2020 election.

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Popster to Popster 4,583
21 minutes ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

I think Mitt Romney said it pretty well....

tell me how this helps them gain votes? They already struggled with college educated voters and suburban woman, you think this helps? I certainly don’t....I think they seriously risk alienating a portion of their voters...sure the leadership is united but how united are their voters..that is yet to be seen but we saw those cracks in the 2020 election.

Republicans like to make a lot of noise and then fall in line when it really matters but we’ll see

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,618
16 minutes ago, Starboy said:

With a more unified House GOP that is overwhelmingly behind Trump, they’ll be able to stick to one concrete message and get Trump voters out to vote if they were on the sidelines before. You can’t deny the fact that Trump is the reason turnout for Republicans in 2020 was so high (hence why Republicans gained seats in the House) and why low Republican turnout in Georgia cost them both Senate seats due to Trump saying the election was rigged. The voters love him and if they see that the House GOP also loves him then they’ll get out to vote for them.

Who is the going to be alienated that hasn’t already been alienated? At this point I think most voters are already set in stone. Also, I don’t think voters will care much about this Cheney thing at all. It’s going to be forgotten by the midterms.

I think it’s important to note that since the election when he lost GA, AZ, WI, PN, MI he has tried to overthrow democracy and now all this going on with House leadership...tbh we don’t know HOW MANY VOTERS they’ve potentially lost since November...2022 will be really interesting 

edit: you do make good points though, I agree with a lot of them honestly 

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,618

Day 112 - 1 Executive Order Signed by President Biden

Cybersecurity 

President Biden on Wednesday signed an executive order aimed at improving federal cybersecurity, with the order coming on the heels of multiple major and damaging cyberattacks including the one on the Colonial Pipeline.

The executive order, which has been in the works since early in the Biden administration, is meant to serve as an example to the private sector of the federal government taking the lead on strengthening cybersecurity.

The executive order requires the establishment of baseline cybersecurity standards for all software sold to the federal government, and that all software used by the government meet these standards within nine months. Software developers doing business with the government are required to make their security data publicly available. 

In addition, it mandates the deployment of the use of encryption and multifactor authentication by the federal government in what the official described as "tight" timelines, with agencies required to get a waiver from the National Security Council if encryption is not fully implemented in six months. 

It establishes a government-wide endpoint detection and response system to help federal agencies share cyber threat information, and will create a standardized "playbook" for how agencies should immediately respond to future cyber breaches. The executive order requires IT providers who do business with the federal government to report data breaches. 

• paws up 2
  • love 1

Popster to Popster 3,689
7 minutes ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

multifactor authentication

Surprised they aren’t already doing this. I have to use two-factor authentication at my job, but I’m sure additional layers can get complex

Popster to Popster 4,583
16 minutes ago, Starboy said:

Thoughts?

That’s cool! But I’ll definitely keep wearing a mask for the time being.  Lots of stupid people around me, it makes almost no difference to me and I like my masks/their designs :enigma:

Edited by NotDoctor
  • love 2

ARTPOPster 2,450
Just now, Starboy said:

Anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers will just lie and say they’re vaccinated.

No they’re going to start wearing masks now to protect themselves from the vaccinated people :laughga:

• lol 2

Pop-a-911-ster 32,618
2 minutes ago, NotDoctor said:

That’s cool! But I’ll definitely keep wearing a mask for the time being.  Lots of stupid people around me, it makes almost no difference to me and I like my masks/their designs :enigma:

4 minutes ago, Starboy said:

Lol I mean will you stop wearing a mask now? I personally won’t when I’m fully vaccinated just for safe measure. At least until more people get vaccinated. Plus this wouldn’t be at all enforceable so I don’t get why they’re putting this out. Anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers will just lie and say they’re vaccinated.

Yeah I mean I might still wear one like going out to the grocery store but tbh Maine has one of the best vaccination rates in the country, especially Southern Maine which is very Democratic.

I still think this is a good thing, we need people to see that getting vaccinated means you can safely do a lot more. It’s important for people to see that. But yes sadly people will lie, that’s inevitable I think :/ 

I am grateful that I live in a state with such a high vaccinated population though....

• love 1

• MANiCURE1295 changed the title to All Things 🇺🇸Politics: CDC Releases New Vaccine Guidance
Popster to Popster 4,583

I’m seeing stories from friends about full a** adults temper tantruming in stores when asked to wear masks because of the new CDC recommendations.  Even saw someone say that men are starting to harass her in public to “show that smile” and take off the mask. I just hate people so much 

Edited by NotDoctor
  • shook 1
  • sad 1

• MANiCURE1295 changed the title to All Things 🇺🇸 Politics: SCOTUS Officially Overturns Roe Vs Wade - Abortion Now Illegal