All Things 🇺🇸 Politics: SCOTUS Officially Overturns Roe Vs Wade - Abortion Now Illegal

MANiCURE1295

Pop-a-911-ster 32,590

Infrastructure Update:

Republicans say their offer totals $928 billion, but most of it that comes from funds Congress already directed for COVID relief.....It's $700B of repurposing existing funds, with about only$250B of new money....

The White House had hoped to have substantive progress on infrastructure talks by Memorial Day. Following the latest GOP counteroffer, President Biden says he spoke to Sen. Capito and they're speaking again next week. "We're gonna have to close this down soon," he told her.

another comment from the White House...“We think there are better ways to pay for it," Jen Psaki says about the Republican proposal to used repurposed Covid-19 funds to pay for the infrastructure plan.

Multiple Democrats have already come out against the counter offer.....

Elizabeth Warren -  “I don’t really think this is a serious counter-offer.” She says on MSNBC they have a “loser-y” idea to redirect money that’s been put to other causes.

Dick Durbin (Majority Whip) - DD is unimpressed with the Republican counter-offer on infrastructure: "It's getting close to pulling the plug time."

Ron Wyden (Senate Finance Chair) -  "A so-called infrastructure proposal that does nothing to move toward a clean-energy future is not a serious proposal... We need to keep moving forward."

Michael Bennet - “It's absolutely mystifying that my Senate colleagues would propose reversing the Child Tax Credit expansion – which would raise taxes on American families and double child poverty – to pay for their infrastructure plan.”

Edited by MANiCURE1295

Pop-a-911-ster 32,590
17 minutes ago, Starboy said:

I mean I think any infrastructure bill is better than nothing. We are in desperate need for infrastructure funding and with a razor thin majority we don’t have much sway. We should meet a little closer to the middle and go with that. It’s obvious we are not going to get everything we planned for. If we can expand on the Senate majority in the midterms then we can revisit infrastructure again to include some proposals that were left out of this bill.

I still think Manchin and other moderates will come around...I don’t remember the last time a member of the sitting President’s party completely sunk their own economic/jobs plan..that would just be unheard of.

I’ll be shocked if Democrats put their neck on the line being known as the one who derailed the Biden agenda..maybe Manchin will prove me wrong but I really still do think this. People like Manchin, Sinema and Warner are just gonna have to get on board.

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Popster to Popster 4,583
39 minutes ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

I still think Manchin and other moderates will come around...I don’t remember the last time a member of the sitting President’s party completely sunk their own economic/jobs plan..that would just be unheard of.

I’ll be shocked if Democrats put their neck on the line being known as the one who derailed the Biden agenda..maybe Manchin will prove me wrong but I really still do think this. People like Manchin, Sinema and Warner are just gonna have to get on board.

And in addition to getting on board, they need to time to pretend they’re taking the opposition’s negotiations seriously so when they vote they can go back to their state and say “hey I tried, the republicans just wouldn’t play ball.”  The Jan 6th vote might give them some wiggle room too to show that the GOP is only working in bad faith and give the moderates cover

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,590
20 minutes ago, NotDoctor said:

I’m living for this level of petty from Biden (there’s a video of it in the replies)

“Some people have no shame” :laughga: I’m dead 

Embarrassed Shame GIF

6I9xOHc.png

f-ing McCarthy and Stefanik....Wicker....:icant:

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • lol 2

Popster to Popster 3,689
1 hour ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

Ron Wyden (Senate Finance Chair) -  "A so-called infrastructure proposal that does nothing to move toward a clean-energy future is not a serious proposal... We need to keep moving forward."

:gaga-thanks: Someone gets it

Only <1% of roads/bridges/major projects going to EV infrastructure :bradley:

Not sure how much in Biden's plan though...

• yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,590
26 minutes ago, nynj nights said:

:gaga-thanks: Someone gets it

Only <1% of roads/bridges/major projects going to EV infrastructure :bradley:

Not sure how much in Biden's plan though...

I THINK 400b for clean energy tax credits and it was supposed to set up electric vehicle charging stations around the country...I’m sure it’s somewhere In this thread hahaha

edit: this article below is actually really helpful and does a great job of laying it out there...it actually does a lot more than I thought to be honest....kinda shocked 

https://www.americanprogress.org/issues/green/news/2021/04/26/498768/american-jobs-plan-delivers-climate-action/

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Popster to Popster 3,689
8 minutes ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

I THINK 400b for clean energy tax credits and it was supposed to set up electric vehicle charging stations around the country...I’m sure it’s somewhere In this thread hahaha

https://www.americanprogress.org/issues/green/news/2021/04/26/498768/american-jobs-plan-delivers-climate-action/

Very useful article, thank you :gaga-thanks:

400b for equity + justice and just 46b alone for domestic manufacturing of electric vehicles and related needs like charging ports. Doesn't mention the other "infrastructure" only piece but still $4b from the Republicans plan is just sad  

• love 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,590
3 minutes ago, nynj nights said:

Very useful article, thank you :gaga-thanks:

400b for equity + justice and just 46b alone for domestic manufacturing of electric vehicles and related needs like charging ports. Doesn't mention the other "infrastructure" only piece but still $4b from the Republicans plan is just sad  

Imagine asking someone for 446B and they’re like......”no but I’ll give you 4B, do we got a deal” :billie:

Cbs No GIF by HULU

• lol 2

Pop-a-911-ster 32,590
52 minutes ago, Starboy said:

I hate this country 

45 minutes ago, Starboy said:

This is hilarious though :icant:

I’m just gonna go crawl under a rock ala Patrick Star and just...give up on this country.

Corporate Dems will still defend the fillibuster 

Spongebob Squarepants Reaction GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

• sad 1

ARTPOPster 1,476
On 5/27/2021 at 10:57 AM, MANiCURE1295 said:

It happened in 2008-2009 when Democrats held a supermajority and did nothing :gagatree:

• thanks 1

ARTPOPster 1,476
1 hour ago, WildAmerican said:

Netanyahu OUT omg 

not US directly but this is huge news 

This is great. I don't expect any real changes to foreign policy but this is great for domestic issues at least

Pop-a-911-ster 32,590

Infrastructure Updates

1) Yesterday, White House says Biden and Capito held a "constructive and frank" discussion in the Oval Office and plan to reconnect Friday. 

2) With Capito, Biden proposed $1T for infrastructure - down from WH’s $1.7T proposal (:rip:) but wants it in new money, GOP has proposed $257B in new spending. Biden still pushing for tax hikes to help pay for plan.

3) Biden privately offers Capito a new way to pay for infrastructure plan: A minimum corporate tax of 15 percent, seeking to take aim at dozens of profitable U.S. corporations....:rip:

4) Asked if infrastructure talks are taking too long if they stretch into July, Commerce Sec Gina Raimondo tells CNN "probably" but it "depends where we are." She says Republicans asked for more time amid Memorial Day deadline. "We want to get something done far sooner than July."

5) Ahead of Biden -Capito meeting tomorrow, Republicans believe $750b gap on size of spending package may be too large to bridge. they are weighing whether to make a new, larger offer as Biden signals some flexibility on tax policy 

6) AND THIS JUST IN.....

So for those keeping track at home.....in an attempt to get Bipartisan support Biden has trimmed his overall plan from 2.25T to 1T and tabled the corporate tax rate (which to be fair, is apparently totally back on the table if the GOP doesn’t get back on board) but still...can we finally walk away from his and just continue doing this package alone? Like come on.....pass the 4T package (combined with the AFP) and pass thing along party lines.

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • thanks 1

• MANiCURE1295 changed the title to All Things 🇺🇸 Politics: SCOTUS Officially Overturns Roe Vs Wade - Abortion Now Illegal