All Things 🇺🇸 Politics: SCOTUS Officially Overturns Roe Vs Wade - Abortion Now Illegal

MANiCURE1295

• MANiCURE1295 changed the title to All Things 🇺🇸Politics: NY AG Announces Criminal Probe into Trump Organization
Pop-a-911-ster 32,590

A couple of things here on this Friday.....

CNN has confirmed that Matt Gaetz’s ex girlfriend is cooperating with them in the sex trafficking investigation...News of his willingness to talk comes just days after the Justice Department formally entered into a plea agreement with Joel Greenberg, a one-time close friend of Gaetz whose entanglement with young women first drew the congressman onto investigators' radar.

And an update on infrastructure talks.....White House countered the infrastructure proposal from Republicans with a $1.7 trillion version, down from Biden's initial $2.25 trillion.

Among the changes:

In order to trim the original $2.3 trillion plan down to $1.7 trillion, the White House says it would agree to:

1) Shift funding for research and development, small businesses and supply chain improvements from this package over to separate legislation that's being debated in Congress.

2) Reduce funding for rural broadband from its initial offer of $100 billion down to $65 billion. This would match the Republicans' proposal for expanded broadband funding. 

Note: The White House memo notes that they believer they can still achieve universal access to affordable high-speed internet at your lower funding level, though it will take longer.

3) Cut its new funding requests for "roads, bridges, and major infrastructure projects," down from its original $159 billion to $120 billion.

Per Senator Capito leading the GOP on these negotiations....Dropping the topline because some of the spending is getting moved into another bill that the Senate is already working on (Endless Frontiers) doesn’t satisfy Republicans as a concession, per GOP source.

Have a great weekend yall! :prideheart:

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • thanks 1
  • love 1

ARTPOPster 2,450
11 minutes ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

CNN has confirmed that Matt Gaetz’s ex girlfriend of cooperating with them in the sex trafficking investigation

She’ll have more time to do this now that she’s almost out of school for the summer :awkney:

• lol 1

Popster to Popster 3,689
8 minutes ago, Starboy said:

:katy:

He couldn’t even think of Empire State of Mind :lesson:  Laughing cause this was literally the reaction of half of the players in trio this round for 2000s hip-hop :icant:

• lol 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 4,583
13 minutes ago, Starboy said:

:katy:

I can't get over how many people let Ziwe interview them.  This is what she does.  Can't wait for the full interview 

• lol 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,590

Mark McCloskey Announces Missouri Senate Run:

If y’all don’t remember he’s this guy......:billie:

I’m literally dead. These are the types of Psychos the GOP will nominate in the general elections...:mess:

thoughts yall?

• lol 1

Popster to Popster 4,583
Just now, MANiCURE1295 said:

Mark McCloskey Announces Missouri Senate Run:

If y’all don’t remember he’s this guy......:billie:

I’m literally dead. These are the types of Psychos the GOP will nominate in the general elections...:mess:

thoughts yall?

I hope he gets humiliated 

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,590
1 minute ago, NotDoctor said:

I hope he gets humiliated 

spit take GIF
Id love for a Democrat to come and steal that seat just because he’s that awful of a candidate but I’m thinking that’s just wishful thinking...

Popster to Popster 4,420
1 hour ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

spit take GIF
Id love for a Democrat to come and steal that seat just because he’s that awful of a candidate but I’m thinking that’s just wishful thinking...

no Dem is gonna win this seat. Jason Kander is the only person who could come close.

• paws up 1

ARTPOPster 2,450

A grand jury was convened in the Trump criminal case :ohyes:

https://www.newsandguts.com/grand-jury-convened-in-trump-criminal-probe-to-hear-evidence-weigh-possible-charges/?fbclid=IwAR2c43aIw2KXT13dltb0z0yqdVwmR6ZwuopHbf8rjVANiuTVeBOCc0yBW_k 

Spoiler

“A grand jury has been convened in Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance’s investigation into former president Donald Trump and his company, a move that signals the two-year probe has reached a critical stage.

The grand jury is expected to decide whether to indict Trump and executives at his company, if prosecutors present the panel with criminal charges, sources told The Washington Post. This development indicates Vance’s office thinks it has found evidence of a crime, either by Trump or by someone who works for the Trump businesses.”

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 3

Popster to Popster 4,420
7 minutes ago, blankpaper said:

A grand jury was convened in the Trump criminal case :ohyes:

https://www.newsandguts.com/grand-jury-convened-in-trump-criminal-probe-to-hear-evidence-weigh-possible-charges/?fbclid=IwAR2c43aIw2KXT13dltb0z0yqdVwmR6ZwuopHbf8rjVANiuTVeBOCc0yBW_k 

Reveal hidden contents

“A grand jury has been convened in Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance’s investigation into former president Donald Trump and his company, a move that signals the two-year probe has reached a critical stage.

The grand jury is expected to decide whether to indict Trump and executives at his company, if prosecutors present the panel with criminal charges, sources told The Washington Post. This development indicates Vance’s office thinks it has found evidence of a crime, either by Trump or by someone who works for the Trump businesses.”

iktr!!!

12042018_Barb-Kinney_123441-1560x1091.jp

• lol 1

Deactivated 14,311
48 minutes ago, Twitter said:

Where’s @MANiCURE1295 ?

I know I’ve popped in and out but how come I haven’t been getting new discussions? :enigma:

He was under Hilary Clinton’s Protection Program, but has been set free :tea:

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,590
1 hour ago, Twitter said:

Where’s @MANiCURE1295 ?

I know I’ve popped in and out but how come I haven’t been getting new discussions? :enigma:

I got PLENTY for you....absent for a couple days..not gonna talk about it :billie:

1) Schumer announced that’s he bringing the Jan 6 Commission to a vote this thursday, as @Starboy reported Manchin is LIVID about it potentially being fillibustered...

2) But that doesn’t sway him one bit and he’s still committed to working with Republicans so he’s creating his own infrastructure bill and accusing reporters of “creating seeds of dissent” by suggesting there isn’t a bipartisan deal to be had and by “imploring the GOP to vote yes on the commission bill....:laughga:

3) GOP prepping a 1T counter offer to Biden’s infrastructure bill....basically funded with unused COVID funds which the White House has already said to be rejecting....GOP said to be sending their counter offer to Biden by Thursday 

I thinks that’s all I got :prideheart: 

...not gonna lie, made me kinda happy to see people posting in this thread without me starting conversation though and even more honored that someone noticed I was gone :gaga-thanks: you da best.

ALSO YALL I MADE A POLL FOR THE OP..PLEASE PARTICIPATE IF YOU WANT...I think I’ll be making polls for the thread with fun yes or no discussion questions if it happens to get enough interest? Let me know what you guys think! 

I love my first question personally :laughga:

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 1
  • hugs 1
  • love 3

• MANiCURE1295 changed the title to All Things 🇺🇸Politics: We’re never getting Infrastructure..are we?
Pop-a-911-ster 32,590
28 minutes ago, Starboy said:

Love the idea of adding polls! Also nice to see the votes are public :billie:

Is that serious? Do you actually like it (I can’t tell) :billie: should they not be public? Feedback appreciated 

My thought: what’s the point of a politics thread if you are gonna at least out your name to your opinions ya know? 

btw love the answer, I chose that one being sassy but knew many would probably choose it :laughga:

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,689

I've been totally out of the loop. Missed your daily notifications @MANiCURE1295 to keep me on top of things. Glad you are back and that the worst of the week is behind you. Now lemme read up so I don't answer the poll blindly :billie:

• hugs 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,590
18 minutes ago, NotDoctor said:

I'm going to be optimistic that the infrastructure bill will pass eventually, even if it takes a while because of the idiots

YAS I love y’all using the poll!!!! I too am optimistic..I saw this tweet earlier (see below) and it kinda got me thinking that at some point Manchin is just gonna come around..also I remember reading that I think most Presidents get their major economic bill (Clinton’s omnibus budget, Obama’s ACA & stimulus, Trump’s Tax cut) passed in someway, even if with some cuts, I know Clinton didn’t get everything he wanted and Obama didn’t get the public option in the ACA..so there’s obviously gonna be concessions but I’m hopeful that the major parts of these bills will actually get passed...I just honestly don’t see a Democrat being ballsy enough to be the ONE DEMOCRAT that doesn’t vote for Biden’s plan, I just don’t. Manchin or Sinema may prove me wrong but...balls In their court...

11 minutes ago, nynj nights said:

I've been totally out of the loop. Missed your daily notifications @MANiCURE1295 to keep me on top of things. Glad you are back and that the worst of the week is behind you. Now lemme read up so I don't answer the poll blindly :billie:

:kiss: cheers to you my friend, thank you very much! Glad that I help even 1 person stay in tuned with what’s going on in the world of the crazy US politics, I know not everyone can obsess and follow everything like I can :icant: I’m kinda crazy I’ll admit....

YAS USE THE POLL QUEEN

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 1
  • love 1

Popster to Popster 3,689
10 minutes ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

:kiss: cheers to you my friend, thank you very much! Glad that I help even 1 person stay in tuned with what’s going on in the world of the crazy US politics, I know not everyone can obsess and follow everything like I can :icant: I’m kinda crazy I’ll admit....

YAS USE THE POLL QUEEN

Yeah but I sometimes live under a rock when it comes to politics and current events so I need to be better :lesson: and be able to defend myself against my right wing family :mess: so thank you :gaga-thanks: I tend to not speak up if I am not 100% sure of the facts and counter-arguments which is why I don't really post my opinions here unless I'm a topic expert which tends to be the case most of the time unless its anything environmental. Then I'm your queen :crowned:

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,590
9 minutes ago, nynj nights said:

Yeah but I sometimes live under a rock when it comes to politics and current events so I need to be better :lesson: and be able to defend myself against my right wing family :mess: so thank you :gaga-thanks: I tend to not speak up if I am not 100% sure of the facts and counter-arguments which is why I don't really post my opinions here unless I'm a topic expert which tends to be the case most of the time unless its anything environmental. Then I'm your queen :crowned:

Well either way I love you checking in and giving any opinion you want to give, I want people to feel like they can post here and we can all learn and discuss and debate...we have people here with different views on a bunch of things, I know @Starboy and I don’t agree on everything and I think we’ve had some words together on certain topics (all love :billie:) but that’s the point, we agree on some things and on others we don’t..So I’m glad you check in and allow me to help you stay informed.

My god if there’s anything I live to defeat it’s right winged families...:mess: 

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 1
  • love 1

• MANiCURE1295 changed the title to All Things 🇺🇸 Politics: SCOTUS Officially Overturns Roe Vs Wade - Abortion Now Illegal