All Things 🇺🇸 Politics: SCOTUS Officially Overturns Roe Vs Wade - Abortion Now Illegal

MANiCURE1295

Pop-a-911-ster 32,580

49-51, Senate Republicans block Dem effort to open debate on bipartisan infrastructure bill. GOP said they needed more time to negotiate and expect a deal in the next few days. Schumer, who called on Rs to begin process, switched his vote to NO for procedural reasons

• sad 1

Popster to Popster 4,583
On 7/21/2021 at 4:20 PM, WildAmerican said:

why did Schumer even have this vote if R's weren't ready :bradley:

a mess :rip:

From what I can tell, it sounds like he’s doing this to get the process moving and to signal that he’s not willing to wait any longer. The R’s are rushing to get everything ready for Monday now and another vote, so hopefully doing this has gotten the ball rolling so things can progress next week 

Not sure why this was the best path but it seems to be working behind the scenes 

Pop-a-911-ster 32,580
On 7/21/2021 at 4:20 PM, WildAmerican said:

why did Schumer even have this vote if R's weren't ready :bradley:

a mess :rip:

On 7/21/2021 at 4:26 PM, NotDoctor said:

From what I can tell, it sounds like he’s doing this to get the process moving and to signal that he’s not willing to wait any longer. The R’s are rushing to get everything ready for Monday now and another vote, so hopefully doing this has gotten the ball rolling so things can progress next week 

Not sure why this was the best path but it seems to be working behind the scenes 

On 7/21/2021 at 4:34 PM, Nightwing said:

He’s trying to act like McConnell and play the pretend kingmaker when he can’t lmao

He completely sped up the process. Even Tester has admitted that before Schumer said something everyone was dragging their feet being quoted like “Come on guys we released this a month ago and we still got nothing” or something like that, so while the vote did fail he CERTAINLY sped up the process, the GOP were dragging their feet cause their corporate donors wanted them to take out increased IRS enforcement.

Anyone is day dreaming if they think that before Schumer forced a vote the GOP was gonna be ready to present a bill by early next week, they didn’t want to accomplish anything before the August recess.

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,580

FYI, literally sending an email to both your senators is super easy and took me less than 2 minutes!!!! PLEASE DO THIS

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • yaas, gaga 2

Pop-a-911-ster 32,580

so much for having a deal ready on Monday :mess: when will Dems ditch these stupid f-ing efforts, probably when Manchin realizes he’s been getting played by Romney and Portman this whole damn time…:mess:

Popster to Popster 4,583
On 7/26/2021 at 2:01 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

so much for having a deal ready on Monday :mess: when will Dems ditch these stupid f-ing efforts, probably when Manchin realizes he’s been getting played by Romney and Portman this whole damn time…:mess:

So depressing. I was actually getting hopeful this would happen too 

• sad 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,580
On 7/26/2021 at 2:07 PM, NotDoctor said:

So depressing. I was actually getting hopeful this would happen too 

More good infra vibes: D says it takes "chutzpah for [GOP] to make accusations about keeping words when the biggest hole blown in the [financing] was made by them reneging on their agreement about enforcing the law on wealthy tax cheats"

….I see no lies :ohhh:

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,580
On 7/27/2021 at 1:06 PM, Nightwing said:

This is absolutely infuriating. Can’t believe she actually said this crap.

I can’t even take the GOP seriously, they’re just walking memes at this point, a shell of its former less sucky self

• thanks 2

Popster to Popster 4,583
On 7/28/2021 at 1:07 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

Wow is it finally happening? Don’t hold your breath is my suggestion cause you NEVER KNOW :laughga:

fail lucy van pelt GIF by Peanuts

gonna assume the worst and hope for the best 

Pop-a-911-ster 32,580
We got 10, remember this isn’t the vote on the actual bill, this is just to begin debate. But it’s still a big step towards the Bipartisan Infrastructure deal and I imagine extremely important for getting moderates on board for the reconciliation package.

update:

Edited by MANiCURE1295

• MANiCURE1295 changed the title to All Things 🇺🇸 Politics: SCOTUS Officially Overturns Roe Vs Wade - Abortion Now Illegal