All Things 🇺🇸 Politics: SCOTUS Officially Overturns Roe Vs Wade - Abortion Now Illegal

MANiCURE1295

Pop-a-911-ster 32,571
On 8/8/2021 at 4:59 PM, Nightwing said:

I’ve seen the polling for Murkowski and it’s not looking good for her. If Dems were to coalesce behind her instead of Al Gross then she’d have a chance but it’s looking like she’ll be ousted by Tshibaka.

And I’m not a fan of Conor Lamb running for that Senate seat. Yes, his district may be gerrymandered into a more Republican-friendly district but I think it’s worth fighting for more than a Senate seat that John Fetterman will be more likely to win in the general.

On 8/8/2021 at 5:05 PM, NotDoctor said:

As a PA resident I just wanted to stop in and say f- Connor Lamb.

Have a good day 

I love me some Fetterman but do y’all really think he can win…. :bradley: Still scarred from the Nina Turner race when she was viewed as the front runner for so long, something tells me the establishment backs either Lamb or Kenyatta?

Though Lamb did vote AGAINST Nancy Pelosi for Speaker of the House so maybe they’ll back Kenyatta? Would that affect a decision on who to back?

also @NotDoctor can you give me some insight, any specific reason you dislike Lamb? I’m just genuinely curious I don’t know really much of anything about him. I thought he was generally viewed as a strong candidate? Thanks for any insight :prideheart:

Pop-a-911-ster 32,571

A couple of updates here.

Also an update on the reconciliation bill…..details were released today….

This link for details :

https://www.democrats.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/MEMORANDUM for Democratic Senators - FY2022 Budget Resolution.pdf

and for good note see this Twitter thread (he gives lots of good details) by Bernie discussing lots of the ins and outs, it’s the most consequential piece of legislation for the working class since FDR and the New Deal..let’s make it happen!

• love 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,571
On 8/9/2021 at 1:54 PM, Nightwing said:

Wow just read through all the things they want include and it all sounds like actual great stuff. This makes me glad I voted for Biden. He’s far from perfect but if having him in office means we get such a wonderful piece of legislation then it’s worth it. All things in it are so badly needed and it’s such a win for working families. Sinema and Manchin better not f- this up.

YAS let’s agree on that!!!! It makes me happy knowing that Mark Warner is also pretty moderate and jumped on to the 3.5T price tag when he helped create it being on the Budget committee and all, it makes me think that HOPEFULLY getting other moderates on board won’t be too tough….

I said it once and I’ll say it before, I was never a fan of the Bipartisan approach but it is something that Biden campaigned on and if he is able to notch a 1.3T Bipartisan infrastructure win and THEN a 3.5T dollar reconciliation bill IN ADDITION TO the 1.9T stimulus package…WOW…..what a f-ing first year

Joe Biden GIF

• yaas, gaga 3
  • love 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,571

Here are the 19 Republican Senators who voted YES on the bipartisan infrastructure bill: 

Blunt
Burr
Capito
Cassidy
Collins
Cramer
Crapo
Fischer
Graham
Grassley
Hoeven
McConnell
Murkowski
Portman
Risch
Romney
Sullivan
Tillis
Wicker

***Senate will now move forward on voting to begin debate on the 3.5T budget resolution followed by a “vote a Rama” on amendments to budget resolution

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 2
  • love 1

• MANiCURE1295 changed the title to All Things 🇺🇸 Politics: 69-30 Senate Approves 1.2T Infrastructure Bill
Popster to Popster 4,583

Truly is there a single person upset the Cuomo is gone?  My entire extended family lives across Upstate New York and, liberal or conservative, they have all come together to tell Cuomo to go f- himself.  In his last days in office, he really managed a bipartisan sensibility that I thought was a thing of the past :billie:

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,571

woo the good news today is just too much for me to handle, we still got a long way to go on this Infrastructure marathon though! 

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 3,689
On 8/10/2021 at 12:43 PM, NotDoctor said:

Truly is there a single person upset the Cuomo is gone?  My entire extended family lives across Upstate New York and, liberal or conservative, they have all come together to tell Cuomo to go f- himself.  In his last days in office, he really managed a bipartisan sensibility that I thought was a thing of the past :billie:

On 8/10/2021 at 12:51 PM, lavenderblondee said:

I'm a huge fan of Chris Cuomo but was never familiar with Andrew all that well as I don't follow other Governors well.

After all we've heard, I will not miss him. Adios, Cuomo :tea:

Unfortunately I still have to see the Cuomo name every time I drive over the Mario Cuomo Tappan Zee (still to me) bridge. Still mad the state changed the name :eyega:

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,571
On 8/10/2021 at 3:44 PM, Nightwing said:

Dems’ chances of maintaining their majority seem to be getting more and more slim. Get ready for at least two years of Speaker McCarthy or possibly Speaker Trump…

Did people really think they were going to be able to maintain their house majority….:katy: god I hope not, I’ve already marked the house as a Loss lol 

I’m way more concerned about needing to pick up Senate seats..pretty sure Manchin, Tester, Brown, and Sinema (maybe even more swing-ish states) are all up in 2024 and we need to pick up seats so that if we win the WH in 2024 we still have a majority/tie breaker….:bradley:

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,571
On 8/10/2021 at 4:29 PM, NotDoctor said:

I just worry what stunts the house is gonna pull going after Fauci, cuz they definitely will, McCarthy has already said as much 

MTG wants to impeach Biden day 1 wbk 

Cecily Strong Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

ARTPOPster 1,476

I'm really surprised at how well the budget resolution has gone so far. Sinema and Manchin haven't created a fuss so far and most frivolous amendments have been shot down.

This is looking like a real possibility. The infrastructure bill is basically on lock to become law of the land and a largely unchanged budget might, too.

• yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,571
On 8/10/2021 at 9:18 PM, derpmonster said:

I'm really surprised at how well the budget resolution has gone so far. Sinema and Manchin haven't created a fuss so far and most frivolous amendments have been shot down.

This is looking like a real possibility. The infrastructure bill is basically on lock to become law of the land and a largely unchanged budget might, too.

we spoke way too soon, Manchin already coming to destroy this :bradley:

• sad 2

Popster to Popster 4,583
On 8/16/2021 at 7:28 PM, Nightwing said:

I don’t like it but it’s only fair at this point :tea:

I definitely hate this but if it’s the difference between holding the house or at least slimming the republican majority… idk 

• paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 32,571
On 8/16/2021 at 7:46 PM, NotDoctor said:

I definitely hate this but if it’s the difference between holding the house or at least slimming the republican majority… idk 

On 8/16/2021 at 7:28 PM, Nightwing said:

I don’t like it but it’s only fair at this point :tea:

Susan Hayward GIF

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,571

bonus: Top GOP candidate for NV Senate in 2022 formally announced his run yesterday…..wtf with this Star Wars bs :mess:

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 1

• MANiCURE1295 changed the title to All Things 🇺🇸 Politics: SCOTUS Officially Overturns Roe Vs Wade - Abortion Now Illegal