All Things 🇺🇸 Politics: SCOTUS Officially Overturns Roe Vs Wade - Abortion Now Illegal

MANiCURE1295

Pop-a-911-ster 32,590

Schumer is NOT f-ing around:laughga: b*ch is like LETS GO…next week is important AF for Biden’s agenda…get ready yall…:scared:

Vote Early Mean Girls GIF by INTO ACTION

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 2

Popster to Popster 4,420
On 7/15/2021 at 10:41 AM, MANiCURE1295 said:

Schumer is NOT f-ing around:laughga: b*ch is like LETS GO…next week is important AF for Biden’s agenda…get ready yall…:scared:

Vote Early Mean Girls GIF by INTO ACTION

vOtInG Is pOiNtLeSs, NoThInG EvEr cHaNgEs!

Chicken Mocking GIF by swerk

• paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 32,590

ICYMI…A federal  judge ruled yesterday that DACA that unlawful because he concluded it had violated the Administrative Procedure Act, which dictates what procedures agencies must go through to implement certain policies. Rather than immediately strike down the program in its entirety, the judge is putting some aspects of his decision on hold for the time being, as the case continues to be litigated and so the government can consider making changes to the program.

(https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/07/16/politics/what-to-know-daca-ruling-illegal/index.html)

Something tells me the Democrats are going to be pursuing those immigration changes (about 120B$ worth) with a lot more force in the negotiations among themselves…

Even this morning President Biden endorses legalizing Dreamers through the filibuster-proof budget process: “It is my fervent hope that through reconciliation or other means, Congress will finally provide security to all Dreamers, who have lived too long in fear,” Biden also said that the DOJ plans on fighting this ruling

Personal opinion: the DACA ruling is so unfortunate and cruel. We need Congress now MORE THAN EVER to grant a pathway to citizenship for DREAMERS. I just called Senator Angus King’s office on to tell them he needs to be arguing for a Roth way to citizenship in the reconciliation bill…used the following script incase yall want to do the same :) ….also new poll added!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QJjKihbzcOLhJKramvf-dnqTuaf90eR3q8ZORC8AtXw/mobilebasic

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 2

• MANiCURE1295 changed the title to All Things 🇺🇸Politics: TX Federal Judge Rules DACA Illegal
Pop-a-911-ster 32,590
On 7/18/2021 at 12:36 PM, Nightwing said:

To answer your poll, I’ll say ‘unsure’ :billiecat: @MANiCURE1295

That’s upsetting……Dreamers, TPS holders, DED recipients, farmworkers, and other essential workers DESERVE a pathway to citizenship. Absolutely disgusting that people in this country continue to play political games with their lives. Congress has failed them long enough.

Pop-a-911-ster 32,590
On 7/18/2021 at 1:09 PM, Nightwing said:

Reconciliation bill though? Not the place for it

And this is the issue..people care more about arcane Senate rules decided by the Senate Parliamentarian aka a woman who isn’t even an elected official, more than they do about someone’s right to live in the country they’ve lived their whole life and denying them citizenship.

Its sick. It’s immoral and it’s gross. Like do you seriously care more about Senate rules than peoples lives…? Cause you do realize that’s EXACTLY what you’re saying. It’s gross dude. I have no f-ing clue why you even care what’s allowed and not allowed in a reconciliation bill.

And being 100% honesty  People who think like this ( AKA Sinema defending the filibuster over people’s fundamental right  to vote) are the issues with our government officials.

edit: honestly though this isn’t be a conductive conversation so we should probably end it honestly, we CLEARLY do not agree on this fundamental thing

Edited by MANiCURE1295

Pop-a-911-ster 32,590
On 7/18/2021 at 2:18 PM, Nightwing said:

I would like to add my bit though. I don’t expect a reply back but I would like to defend my position.

It is ultimately up to the Senate Parliamentarian to decide whether it belongs in the bill or not and I don’t think she’ll allow it. Democrats would really be overstepping their boundaries with putting any sort of immigration reform in the bill.

Of course if it were allowed then I’d be more than happy with it being in the bill but seeing as that’s not likely, I don’t really support it being included. Reconciliation is reserved for only certain things, we can’t include anything we want in it just because we have it at our disposal. As I’ve said before, imagine what Republicans will do when they’re back in control of the Senate. They’ll try to included anything and everything in to pass their whatever reconciliation bill they want to pass. I don’t think we should set that precedent.

And let’s not act like if it were the other way around we’d be completely fine with Republicans doing this. There would most certainly be outrage from Democrats about Republicans wanting to fit in so many things in a reconciliation bill.

Apologies, I wasn’t trying to get you not to defend your point, of course you can do that. I just didn’t feel like this convo would go anywhere constructive…..

Again, I really don’t care what the Senate Parliamentarian says regarding arcane rules. Other countries function with a majority rule, lets stop having this defeatist attitude about “oh no what happens when they have power” we already know what they do when they have power, they steal SC seats and cut taxes for the wealthy, lets not act like the GOP cares about ANYTHING ELSE, cause they don’t, they use abortion and immigration to get their base to the polls and that’s it, they don’t actually intend to do anything about those issues with or without the filibuster. But it blocks everything democrats want to do. Point blank.

The parliamentarian is NOT AN ELECTED OFFICIAL. She has no actual power, she’s a damn advisor for god sake. And again, using her, and the Senate rules as a way out to defend this point of view is sick, gross, and absolutely what is wrong with this country. 

SAY IT LOUDER WARREN

edit: Also to your last point, can we please not try the deceptive comparisons of what Democrats and Republicans do with reconciliation, Democrats gave 20M+ Americans healthcare with their power last time, and they also used it to pass a 1.9T dollar relief bill that cut child poverty in half just a couple of months ago and NOW they’re using their next time to give social support to middle class America. Meanwhile the GOP used theirs to try and rip healthcare away from millions and cut taxes for the rich and put the deficit on the backs of the American people. And honestly, outrage is good, that’s how it should be done. That’s the American people giving their opinion. That outrage SAVED HEALTHCARE FOR MILLIONS by pressuring people like McCain and Collins to vote no against that SHAM bill.

Honestly though to even compare the two is at best, completely misleading and at worse, just a blatant lie. So yes, outrage is warranted in one case and not the other. And if you can’t separate those two situations and see that…I can’t help :mess:

Edited by MANiCURE1295

Pop-a-911-ster 32,590
On 7/18/2021 at 2:50 PM, Nightwing said:

The Senate parliamentarian has the final say, unless the Vice President overrules her judgement, so I think we should all care about it. Should that much power be placed with an unelected official? No but that’s the way it works.

And they’re only following and interpreting the rules to the best of their knowledge, it’s not like she intentionally wants to leave out good pieces of legislation. Maybe Chuck Schumer could replace her if he really didn’t like what she was doing.

Well I like to keep the same standards for both parties. I’m not going to excuse the actions of one side because their legislation is “better” than the others.

The whole f-ing point of voting/ie exercising your right to appoint your elected officials is to not excuse the actions of one side and to vote for the other because their legislation is better…what are you even saying, are you insane? 

Keep defending process instead of defending people…literally couldn’t be me, I’ll defend actual human beings above ANYTHING ELSE. Your POV (defending process over human beings) reminds me of a certain Senator that grew up poor and now struggles to help the same people that voted for her…:mess:

Kyrsten Sinema Thumbs Down GIF by Jason Clarke

edit: im not at all trying to demean or belittle but I find your POV so incredibly harmful and hurtful to so many that I just can’t see it. I’ll stop commenting now cause im getting too upset. It legitimately makes me upset to see people with little empathy just being completely okay with playing games with the lives of millions of people just because of rules. I think it’s absolutely sick.

Edited by MANiCURE1295

Popster to Popster 4,583
On 7/18/2021 at 4:04 PM, Nightwing said:

Let’s try to maintain some integrity though. So much for this…

GIF by Democratic National Convention

You do understand the irony in the fact that the 2016 election - which that was said about - was devastating across the board for progressives using that attitude, yes? 

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,590
On 7/18/2021 at 4:08 PM, NotDoctor said:

You do understand the irony in the fact that the 2016 election - which that was said about - was devastating across the board for progressives using that attitude, yes? 

And then Mitch McConnell and the GOP proceeded to STEAL two SCOTUS seats…but no, let’s fail to deliver on the promises that we made to voters because of senate rules and things like the parliamentarian and the filibuster, what a losing f-ing strategy. Like what lol….:laughga:

not only fail to deliver on promises but literally put process > people…absolutely disgusting 

Edited by MANiCURE1295

ARTPOPster 2,450
On 7/18/2021 at 1:04 PM, Nightwing said:

Let’s try to maintain some integrity though. So much for this…

GIF by Democratic National Convention

And where has playing nice gotten us? To a f*cking standstill

Didnt you used to complain about biden not being progressive enough? But you want dems to sit on their hands and not pass anything ever because of some irrational ideal that ~bipartisanship~ will suddenly happen? :mess:

• thanks 2

Pop-a-911-ster 38,812
On 7/18/2021 at 7:27 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

Again, I really don’t care what the Senate Parliamentarian says regarding arcane rules. Other countries function with a majority rule

Not in the UK :icant:

The Speaker has a clerk that advises the Speaker on constitutional and procedural matters, and the advice is very rarely overruled.

• lol 1

ARTPOPster 2,450
On 7/18/2021 at 1:15 PM, Nightwing said:

Allow room for bipartisanship whenever possible. Like at least aim for that if you’re going for a major bill, especially when Dems have the slimmest of margins. That doesn’t mean they should hold back on progressive policies.

But also people need to look at things realistically to see what will pass. 

Save the bipartisanship and “proper” procedures for things that aren’t urgent

When people’s lives and/or basic rights are at stake, pass it however possible. Sometimes the end justifies the means 

• thanks 2

Pop-a-911-ster 32,590
On 7/18/2021 at 4:18 PM, blankpaper said:

Save the bipartisanship and “proper” procedures for things that aren’t urgent

When people’s lives and/or basic rights are at stake, pass it however possible. Sometimes the end justifies the means 

Literally, the fact that we’re even having about a discussion about favoring things like “bipartisanship”, the filibuster, and the parliamentarian, over actually protecting humans rights like voting and the ability for people to know they can safely stayed in the country they’ve lived their whole life is completely beyond me. Who gives a f- whether it’s bipartisan, or through reconciliation or with 50 votes or 55 WHO f-ING CARES WHEN HUMAN LIVES/RIGHTS ARE AT STAKE.

This isn’t about providing internet to people and taxes on big oil companies, THESE ARE BASIC RIGHTS. And that’s worth whatever process it takes to achieve, that’s what I expect from my elected officials. 

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 1

ARTPOPster 2,450
On 7/18/2021 at 1:32 PM, Nightwing said:

But Congress must follow the rules and procedures for every bill. We can’t just disregard the rules for some bills because they’re considered “urgent”. We have to maintain the integrity and norms of our institutions no matter what. Or else we’d be going down a very dangerous slippery slope.

Do you really want Democrats to be responsible for the furthered deterioration of our instituions just because it’ll political benefit them? They’ll be no better than Republicans.

I’m just arguing for the process to be played out and not sidestepping rules or procedures we don’t like because it doesn’t benefit us.

We’re already pretty much at the bottom of that slippery slope. It’s only dems who give half a f*ck about the procedures and norms. Republicans have shown time and time again that they’ll burn everything down to get their way and pass whatever inhumane garbage they can think of 

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,590

everyone on Fox News is such a fraud :laughga: they b*ch and moan about the vaccine and any sort of “passport” meanwhile they got their own passport system for their workforce…wonder if Laura Ingraham or Tucker Carlson are gonna be talking about this next time on their prime time slot :mess:

ARTPOPster 2,450
On 7/19/2021 at 5:34 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

everyone on Fox News is such a fraud :laughga: they b*ch and moan about the vaccine and any sort of “passport” meanwhile they got their own passport system for their workforce…wonder if Laura Ingraham or Tucker Carlson are gonna be talking about this next time on their prime time slot :mess:

Can’t wait to hear Tucker’s open minded take on this 

• lol 3

• MANiCURE1295 changed the title to All Things 🇺🇸 Politics: SCOTUS Officially Overturns Roe Vs Wade - Abortion Now Illegal