PA911 Trio: Season 2 (FINALE)

PETTY

Deactivated 14,311
9 minutes ago, Delusional said:

My 2 friends were at the Manchester bombing in 2017 so One Last Time means a lot to me and I consider it a ballad because it’s such a tear jerker. It’s whole meaning was changed in an instant for so many people :bradley:However I see why many of you thought it wasn’t a ballad, the production is very “light”. Thank you @chailatte for the vote, you clearly have taste. :giveup:

I love the song and would have probably voted it if the theme wasn’t ballad but emotive pop songs. Ugh that bombing is such a haunting time! 

• hugs 1

Deactivated 14,311
1 minute ago, Delusional said:

Honestly I thought since some people on here consider songs like You & I and Gypsy ballads I thought I’d risk it but oh well I’m still in so :arguega:

Also, whoever used Finally // beautiful stranger... :enigma: 

love that halsey song too!!

• yaas, gaga 2

Popster to Popster 3,689
6 hours ago, Delusional said:

Honestly I thought since some people on here consider songs like You & I and Gypsy ballads I thought I’d risk it but oh well I’m still in so :arguega:

Also, whoever used Finally // beautiful stranger... :enigma: 

yeah I would consider those two songs ballads, so glad your risk paid off and that you have an (unfortunate, given the circumstances) but personal connection to the Ari song

and my comment the other day about Demi was just because I was warned that her songs in the past don’t get too many votes :icant: and I’ve gotten the sense she’s generally not liked around here, but clearly voters this season can look past any differences with artist likability :abel_glow: So id give JB a chance in future rounds 

• yaas, gaga 1

Community Leader 2,817
7 hours ago, Delusional said:

My 2 friends were at the Manchester bombing in 2017 so One Last Time means a lot to me and I consider it a ballad because it’s such a tear jerker. It’s whole meaning was changed in an instant for so many people :bradley:However I see why many of you thought it wasn’t a ballad, the production is very “light”. Thank you @chailatte for the vote, you clearly have taste. :giveup:

Sorry if I offended, after hearing that I wish I’d voted for it :gaga-thanks:

• hugs 1

Community Leader 2,817
2 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Nah it’s completely understandable, it’s a very light song in production and lyrics and only with outside reasons does it become a true sad ballad, it was just a big risk imo. :sweat:

I think if there had been an acoustic/live acoustic version you could've used that and been a bit more successful with it as then it really does turn into a ballad (sad lyrics), especially with @PETTYconfirming to me a while back that we can use unreleased songs, I imagine that an alt version of a released song is acceptable 

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 4,583
3 minutes ago, Joannesrats said:

just don't count on anyone actually listening to them :katy:

Don't worry, I always try to listen to the songs that I don't know

Spoiler

And I usually don't know them for a reason :billie:

• lol 1

Gaming Leader 6,416

spacer.png

Welcome to the Challenge 05 VOTE-OFF
The time has come for someone to leave the competition. Unfortunately, only one of the 5 bottom trios received the lowest amount of votes in this VOTE-OFF. This means one contestant will be leaving the game today.

In the case that ever is more than 1 contestant with the lowest score in a VOTE-OFF, the judges will decided who stays and who goes.

SAFE WITH 26% OF VOTES:

Spoiler

@Bakugo

• The Calling - Wherever You Will Go
• Missy Higgins - Where I Stood
• Katy Perry - Thinking Of You

@Lorde Von Kok chose this trio and added 5 points to its votes!

@nynj nights

• Halsey - Finally // beautiful stranger
• Elvis Presley - Can't Help Falling in Love
• Mario - Let Me Love You

@SLAG chose this trio and added 5 points to its votes!

@lavenderblondee 

• Prince - Purple Rain
• Mariah Carrey - We Belong Together
• Bill Withers - Lean On Me

@PETTY chose this trio and added 5 points to its votes!

SAFE WITH 12% OF VOTES:

Spoiler

@Joannesrats

• SOPHIE - It's Okay To Cry
• Charli XCX - White Mercedes
• Rina Sawayama - Chosen Family

LEAVING THE COMPETITION WITH 9% OF VOTES:

Spoiler

@NotDoctor

• Jennifer Holiday - And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going
• Sara Bareilles - Gravity
• Heart - These Dreams

I am sad to see you go NotDoctor! You served a solid trio, especially including one of the greatest ballads of all time. But unfortunately it may have been a little too risky with the songs you paired it with. I hope you continue to participate by voting each round and joining us again for the COMEBACK challenge! Thank you for playing :gaga-thanks:

THAT CONCLUDES CHALLENGE 05

STAY TUNED FOR CHALLENGE 06

@Franch Toast @Bakugo @nynj nights @Sir.Sim @NotDoctor @Gypsy Life @admin @Joannesrats @Twitter @Delusional @ice bear @corvus albus @ShesAMess @Dirkje @danwasd @JennyWayne @donatellab @little legend @chailatte @lavenderblondee @CokeDestroyer @Franz Ferdinand @SLAG @Lorde Von Kok

• paws up 1
  • shook 1
  • sad 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Moderator 4,653
1 minute ago, Joannesrats said:

I'm so shocked I'm still here :gaga-scream:

Same here but at the same time glad!

• yaas, gaga 1