Stupid-Love.png

Highest Score: 11

@Henry @Lorde Von Kok @Mary Jane Holland

Lowest Score: 1

@Lastrassi @PanPikus @PETTY

Comments

Reveal hidden contents
Username Comments
Daylight Jokers I would give this a 9 if it had a proper chorus that you can sing along to.
TINDER Cute song, if it wasn't leaked earlier monster won't trash it, the way they do.
zcasx A fun pop track that radiates joy and has two amazing pre-chorus. Its weaknesses are the chorus production and the somewhat generic lyrics.
Lorde Von Kok One of the best, if not the best song on Chromatica. The synths and instrumental are insane. I already spilled on KKKD, but Stupid Love actually saved my life. I love the message, the synths, the drop, the bridge... everything ! It was released the night of a very important moment in my life when I found out I survived in the suicide urgence department at my local hospital, and it gave me hope, it gave me the feeling of wanting love again, love to myself first, because I should go stupid for myself over any other rats.
NotDoctor I really think if she didn't release this as the lead single it could have been a huge fan favorite but expectations hurt it
Doot Great production, but the lyrics need a bit of work.
Candy Gaga Not as bad lyrically as people are trying to make it but the chipmunkish beat drop is awful.
BadGurlMadgr A song that decreased in interest for me
SLAG I really enjoyed SL when it leaked and then released. Now it’s kind of a skip.
joannesrats Fun bop, but too tinny for my taste
HitTheBoat Euphoric. A great pop song overall. It becomes annoying over time though
Henry This song was a definite grower for me. But it encompasses all of what Gaga is: layers upon layers of catchy pop melodies and earworms, all centred around the love of love itself! Gives me a serotonin boost every time I hear!
Leolisa It's a really good song, one of the best on the album actually, it just wasn't meant to be the lead single.
kaelergrey A great lead single. An underrated song. Its fun and its full of life. It will make you get up and dance while you find yourself lost in the music, looking for love.
Brecht The beat is just amazing, probably the one that goes harder on the album. The lyrics are a let down, as is the lack of a real chorus. It also sounds weird in between Alice and Rain On Me. Those songs flow so well together and this one feels odd.
Gov Hooka AWFUL lyrics, no memorable chorus melody, but great production on the verse sections. one of her worst songs especially since it's the lead single.
Party Favor Played this b*ch nonstop when it came out, but I usually skip it when listening to the album. Still love it though
Franch Toast This song has grown on me and is catchy and fun.
PETTY sticks out like a sore thumb. also useless
ProjectJoanne One of the best songs of the year, fight me.
GitHub Honestly it's not bad at all. I like whatever is going on at the beginning. I feel like it could've been on the LOVE (rip) soundtrack as a song that plays at one of Mickey's lame work parties or for approximately 5 seconds during the credits before Netflix skips to the next episode and for that I'm grateful.
Freddy She sounds more like a Bloodpop (feat. Gaga) song isaidwhatisaid.gif
Mary Jane Holland My top 2 but I gave it a 11 cause it's the most overhated track in the album
DonatellaPop Cute, but should have been a promo single
justhislife The beat in the beginning is a turn off
Spinning Bottles This is a joyful, energetic, feel-good bop that instantly lifts my mood. From the very first second until the last it echoes positivity and happiness. The lyrics perfectly represent being stupidly in love, the only thing that could improve it is a big chorus.
sickandtired2.0 It's a grower! Live version >>>>>>> tho
FRANZGA Cute Lead but too noisy on earphones
Twitter This song does not deserve the hate it gets.
admin I loved this song from my very first listen. I know y'all love to hate, but it's an excellent song that we're blessed to have.

Participants

This is top 5 material people. TOP 5! Y'all are tasteless

• thanks 1

RIP Angel 1,992
1 minute ago, zcasx said:

Honestly when did this fanbase collectively hallucinated and decided 100 doves was great? This is mind boggling to me, the production cheapens the song to a point where you get payed to listen to it. I thought everyone agreed with this but then suddenly everyone's like 1000 GODs and whatnot. I love the piano demo but chile

Cuz it's a grower. :ally:

• paws up 1

Community Leader 2,817

Honestly when did this fanbase collectively hallucinated and decided 100 doves was great? This is mind boggling to me, the production cheapens the song to a point where you get payed to listen to it. I thought everyone agreed with this but then suddenly everyone's like 1000 GODs and whatnot. I love the piano demo but chile

It’s a good song with good production. Just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean the rest of us can’t come around to it. It’s a grower for most but I loved it first listen. 

• thanks 1

The Fame Popster 477

SAME. Message? Beautiful. Lyrics? Great. But the production and as a song a whole? Huge MEH.

1000 D-oooo-oooo-ooo-ooooves flyyy-innnnggg. Like wtf? Could be much better. :tea:

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Popster to Popster 4,583

I stand by my comment, the pressure of being Gaga's big comeback pop single after 7 years absolutely hurt Stupid Love, imho.  Had it been a later single or an album track it would be significantly more loved

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 38,591
1 minute ago, Joannesrats said:

It’s a good song with good production. Just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean the rest of us can’t come around to it. It’s a grower for most but I loved it first listen. 

I mean it's all subjective really. I guess it was a grower for most people but the disparity between the initial reactions and the opinions now is really weird. 

ARTPOPster 1,331
Just now, Anveeroy said:

Cry About It Later vs 1000 Crows

:ally:

1000 crows has to GO with that Horrible production!

• lol 1

• Lorde Von Kok changed the title to Ceremony | CHROMATICA
  • admin unfeatured and unpinned this topic