MEGARATE || ABBA Gold

Blown Away

Are you in?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Oui ou non?

• Yes
    • No

Banner.png

Hi PopA911, it's me here. I've decided to do a megarate too, and I've chosen an ABBA megarate.

Spoiler

Here you'll be rating the ABBA Gold album of the legendary Swedish pop group ABBA. They were a group of two married couples and the groups name comes from the first letter of each members name: Agnetha, Björn, Benny and Anni-Frid. After scoring a few hits in Sweden, the group had a minor international hit in 1973 with Ring, Ring from their debut album of the same name. Shortly after, they participated in the 1974 Eurovision Contest. They respresented Sweden, and with their song Waterloo they won the contest. The song was a major hit worldwide, even cracking the top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100.

After Waterloo, it took the band some time to have a hit again. Follow-up Honey Honey didn't do as well and album sales were underwhelming too. In Sweden they continued to have success. The lead single of their new album, titled So Long, flopped too despite its similarities with Waterloo. Luckily, the tides were about to turn for them. Next up was the second international single of the album, the saxophone-infused and schlager-esque I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do. The song was a big hit in many countries, hitting #1 in Australia and marking the start of ABBA-mania in the country. The next singles were even bigger, SOS gave the group their first UK top 10 hit in more than a year and Mamma Mia became their second #1 after Waterloo. The singles spent a total of 14 consecutive week at #1 in Australia and it was decided to release Rock Me, another top 5 hit, as a single there too. A greatest hits album followed in 1975, with a new song called Fernando. This song was massively popular and went top 10 nearly everywhere. Only in the US their success had been mild, with Fernando becoming their 2nd highest charting song at #13. In 1976 they released their signature song Dancing Queen, along with their fourth album Arrival. Dancing Queen went to #1 in the US and top 10 everywhere it charted, except for Italy. The other singles from Arrival, Money Money Money and Knowing Me, Knowing You became smashes too. A new album followed in 1977, titled ABBA: The Album and came with a movie (titled ABBA: The Movie) and contained the hits The Name Of The Game and Take A Chance On Me. The latter became ABBA's 6th #1 out of their 7 last releases in the UK and their third US top 10 hit.

Despite their success, cracks were beginning to show in the group. In January 1979, around the time their new single Chiquitita was released, Agnetha and Björn announced their divorce which shook the world to its core. Nonetheless, the kept on making hits together. Their Voulez-Vous album spawned another string of hits with Chiquitita, Does Your Mother Know, the title track, Angeleyes and I Have A Dream. A second greatest gits album followed and spawned the smashes Summer Night City and Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight). In 1980 the Super Trouper album followed. It spawned several hits once again with its lead single The Winner Takes It All, ABBA's fourth and final top 10 in the US, On And On And On, their final top 10 hit in Australia, the title track, their last UK #1 and Lay All Your Love On Me. In 1981 the other couple, Benny and Anni-Frid divorced too, taking a huge toll on the future of ABBA. Their last studio album The Visitors followed at the end of the year and included the worldwide hit One Of Us, which became their fourteenth and final #1 in my home country Belgium. The other singles had very limited success with Head Over Heels becoming their last #1 anywhere, when it hit the top in The Netherlands. After the album a singles collection followed and spawned their 2 final singles, The Day Before You Came and Under Attack. In 1992 their definitive greatest hits collection ABBA: Gold was released.

It's their greatest hits collection ABBA Gold we'll be rating. I've chosen to also include I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do since it was a #1 hit in multiple countries. Before we start the album, here are some rules:

- Rate each song from 1 to 10. No decimals allowed.
- In the end you can choose a song to give an 11 to.
- In the end you can choose a song to give a 0 to. (duh, it's me)
- There's a bonus question in the end of the form to get a bonus power.
- No trolling allowed!
- Comments are very much welcome, but not necessary.

You can find the form HERE. Deadline is Friday, February 12th at 23:59 PM CET. The ceremony will take place Saturday, February 13th at 2PM CET.

Tracklist.png

Edited by Blown Away
  • paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 5

Anyone can join. If you're not tagged and you wish to participate, please feel free to do so.

@0707alp @1mi_K @911 @A Little Monsterrr @a.random.little.moster @AaronJ @absolutelyjc @Adakam @admin @Agustin @Ale @Alfze @ALICE @Almond Milk @ami @Amidana @Anastasia @Andreas @Andreu @Andrianna1998 @Angie @Annemjuvland @Anongirl @Anveeroy @Aphrodite Lady @Aphrodizy26 @Applause @Arizona Sky @artgagapop @ARTPOP @Artpop lover @ARTPOP Stan @ARTPOPIANA @Artur @Azor Ahai @babylonhooker @BadGurlMadge @Baepsae @Baieia @Bakugo @BarkWoof22 @bastos @Battleforyourlife @bealovesgaga @beelzemon @BenG @benisnotok @BibleThisWay @bijon @bijon @Bilola @BlakeyBoo95 @blankpaper @blastertoyo @bloodnoir @Blown Away @blue @Bonny @Born In Chromatica @BornthisJ @Breathin @Brecht @Brie Candy @brownie @Candy Gaga @calmar @Cerv @charliecashmere @chartgaga @CherryPie @CHROMATICON @Chromatica @ChromaticRaccoon @Clever Username @Cocaine Heart @CokeDestroyer @Computer @ConnorFilm @Cookies @COOOK @corvus albus @cosmic 

0707alp @A Little Monsterrr @Adakam @admin @Ale @Amidana @Andreas @Andreu @Anongirl @Anveeroy @Aphrodite Lady @Aphrodizy26 @Applause @Arizona Sky @artgagapop @ARTPOP @ARTPOP Stan @Artur @Azor Ahai @babylonhooker @BadGurlMadge @Baepsae @Bakugo @beng @Bilola @blankpaper @blastertoyo @bloodnoir @blue @Born In Chromatica @Breathin @Brecht @Brie Candy @brownie @calmar @chartgaga @CherryPie @ChromaticRaccoon @Clever Username @CokeDestroyer @ConnorFilm @Cookies @corvus albus @crazybadb*ch97 @CurvaceousLimericker @Dadley Pooper @danbekim @Daphne Guinness @Davian @Daylight Jokers @DeanClownchester @Delusional @derpmonster @Dirkje @donatellab @DonatellaPop @Doncho @DonnieDarko @Doot @Edonis @Elvira @entela @Enya @Fame Romance @Franch Toast @Franz Ferdinand @FRANZGA @Freddy @gabrielflorin01 @Gagacharts @Gagalvaro @gagarrhea @gagaschickens @GitHub @Gov Hooka @GuiLM @Gypsy Life @Hags Labs @HeavyMetalLover @Hejira @Hew @high heeled fem @HitTheBoat @ice bear @ItsGenuineGuy09 @Joannesrats @justhislife @kaelergrey @KatieJudasGaga4 @Kattys @Lady Gaga @LadariousGarage @LaLa @Lastrassi @Laurastreep @lavenderblondee @Lazz Monster @lego @LetsGetHigh @little legend @Lorde Von Kok @Malazam @MANiCURE1295 @Marilyn MonHoe @Mary Jane Holland @Matteo Remondi @Max_Vandeburg @Miaou @MiKEY @Million Gypsies @Mirages @MissAsia @Mister G @Modern Ecstasy2 @monketsharona @monster @Ms I am a local @Musicisfreedom @Mylo @Nemanja @nenhures @NFRockwell @Nino @not a french fry @NotDoctor @Noturregularmonster @ObezyankaNol @OG Gaga Stan @OnionGirl @PanPikus @Paradise is in my hands @paradox @Party Favor @Patch The Line @PerfectGUY @PETTY @PlastiscGuy @PrinceOTStorm @ProdigyARTPOP @ProjectJoanne @raragaga @ryanripley @SamanthaC @Samueld9 @Sara @Shadow @ShesAMess @Shoful @sickandtired2.0 @SLAG @Sour Candy @SpanishMonster @Spinning Bottles @Stargazer @steccazero @StormPulse @Swallow @tealambition @TeenIdle @The Professor @TheCureInChromatica @TheRoof @Thrasher @Timmers @TINDER @Tsunade @Varys @ViviLittleM @WildAmerican @xo_hours @Yanko @zcasx @zoldyck @GagaXCollection @gorgeousgaga @Krazy @solasis @Chriscros4 @tareq @Oscar @Rumour @My a** is famous @ErraHaze @VALKYNAZ @WarriorQueen @Zami @Devin @Tufos @TheClown @lilMunster2008 @gagaspositions @princessesdie @gagapictures @Stanley Digaga @Mary Jane Gaga @gagarxx @Red Velvet @Summerboy @Cyclonus @piarayensii @WasDraqWic @ichromaticant @Dolce @Starboy @Skadi @gagasevermore @estium @absolutelyjc @Vanity @holyxfad @Rocket9 @enigma popstar @Tomsches @Gracious Gaga @Venom @EnigmaticAndroid @Kimmo @highlikegaga @high heeled fem @Elvira @WatermeloneSugar @Tana Mongeau @NotGod @donatellab @SOYEON @Lady Gaga @not a french fry@NicksARTPOP @Zak @Gypsy Guy Holland @Colorful @LG7 @Byran Bobson @ICY @Animal Claws @Jean Gabriel Dias da Silva @Arturo @Mario @Telephone911 @GagaIsMyCure @ChromaticasPunk @Jenoma @mataika @Footile @sethhyyy @Sloansabbith99 @jimmyoioioio @Jamie Jenkins @ScottsHQ_PopA911 @Scheißexfame57 @NYNJ Gypsy @folklore. @ed2735 @Madame X @Kimmo @COOOK @GagaGlambert @GAGAFLIX @HausOfLexi @JJ Monster @5HZombie12 @monstertingz @Essie @rickmin @Rick.r5 @Focz @GalaxyGamerGuy @Brit9 @Sempiternal @alejandro by lady gaga @Hanna @Dark Paradise @MusicOfACentury @pato @SmokeyVibez @TheFame @ethan @Ethel @Tomsches @Tom Robso @rosewater @lookinggoodfeelingfine @Queen @TylerMinaj @Graphitium @HugoBoss @Brooklyn Chapel @Krazy @GagaXCollection @gorgeousgaga @tareq @Oscar @Tana Mongeau @Starboy @Rumour @Artpop lover @niicksgaga @ErraHaze @Angie @VALKYNAZ @bealovesgaga @WarriorQueen @Devin @Paradise is in my hands @Tufos @TheClown @a.random.little.moster @lilMunster2008 @gagaspositions @princessesdie @maryjanegodga @gagapictures @Anastasia @Stanley Digaga @Topflapen @Nunox @bijon @ARTPOPIANA @Summerboy @gagarxx @Mary Jane Gaga @Red Velvet @ami @ichromaticant @Cyclonus @Almond Milk @WasDraqWic @piarayensii @Alfze @1mi_K @Skadi @gagasevermore @absolutelyjc @Dolce @EroticaBarbie @Battleforyourlife @estium @Dennis Lemp @Vanity @spacekidzzz @holyxfad @Agustin @ALICE @Venom @NYNJ Gypsy

Edited by Blown Away
  • yaas, gaga 1

Thank you so much for inviting me, of course I will participate! :shine: Even though I am not familiar with full ABBA's discography, I listen to this album once in a month or two.

Spoiler

Mylene Farmer megarate next? :dean_scream:

image.png

• yaas, gaga 1

24 minutes ago, Lorde Von Kok said:

Can't believe they were the original pop icons. ABBA really did that. They walked so hoes could run.

I can't stress enough how true this is. The fact that they were a foreign non-British group consistently making waves in the US... True Swedish excellence!

Edited by Blown Away
  • yaas, gaga 1

5 minutes ago, Madame X said:

Thank you so much for inviting me, of course I will participate! :shine: Even though I am not familiar with full ABBA's discography, I listen to this album once in a month or two.

Reveal hidden contents

Mylene Farmer megarate next? :dean_scream:

image.png

You're welcome, I'm looking forward to your rates :kiss: